Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: Sonora - new Fallout mod from the Fallout: Nevada team

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
And yes, just fucking imagine if fallout 1+2 remake actually looked like those screens.

I would cream in my pants 4 days. It's simply breathtakingly good.

The guy is massively massively talented

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Yo Pyke why don't you seriously hire this red 888 guns guy?

His 2D art is rivaled only by yours, together you could DOMINATE and rule. You could make a true artwork masterpiece of art 2D RPG!

You know it to be true. Get on it!
And yes, just fucking imagine if fallout 1+2 remake actually looked like those screens.

I'm poor! But if Desolation does well.... wishlist now! :D

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yo Pyke why don't you seriously hire this red 888 guns guy?

His 2D art is rivaled only by yours, together you could DOMINATE and rule. You could make a true artwork masterpiece of art 2D RPG!

You know it to be true. Get on it!

I'm poor! But if Desolation does well.... wishlist now! :D

Can't imagine he is very expensive to hire, slavs work for nothing, just cheap WODKA! and despair! ;)

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I've been hyped for this ever since I finished Fallout: Nevada. Glad to see the initial release is quite soon. If it's as good as Nevada it'll already be great, but the promise of a tighter and more focused experience is a definite improvement. As much as I loved Nevada I still found the game a bit too big and progression very obtuse at times. Resurrection's quests on the other hand weren't nearly as tough to grasp as Nevada's.

ironmask

Arbiter
All of this is translated with shitty google translate.

March 01, 2020

"Fallout Sonora is a cactus plantation. Artist A. Berezin."
kR_cdOmadRg.jpg

February 25, 2020

"Desert Rangers. These brave guys crushed under themselves the whole of southern Arizona and now not a single creature will pass through their territory without permission. Not everyone likes it, but the rules are the rules. Choose, son, on whose side are you ..."
j1qJasO2URU.jpg

Black Angel

Arcane
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/getting-ready-for-fallout-sonora-translation.218968/
Hello everyone, so the mod will be out soon and as far as I am aware there is no translation for this one yet, so I guess its up to us again.
Now I don't wish to lead the project, I made a lot of mistakes, said few things I shouldn't have to people working very hard on the project, I'm bad at working with the game's engine, and it was very stressful, with the result of moving myself from the translation entirely at the end because of the burn out.
I still love the developer team behind the mod and I'm sure it will be a nice addition to our classic Fallout games, so I want the rest of the world to experience the game like us Russian members of the community do.
It would be best we concentrate our efforts at one place, and start working on the translation asap. I hope all people from Nevada translation team come back, their experience is most valuable.
I will start translating day 1 the mod releases and that's all I want to do with this one, someone with good management skills and time should lead our efforts and get everyone and everything organized.
So lets do this people, if anyone is interested lets come together and give this mod a proper treatment.
:salute:
Dionis, who took the lead to translate Nevada, is finally back. And this time, he wants to translate the mod Day 1. Unfortunately, he didn't want to take the lead. So, is there any of you decline-infested unwashed masses who're Russians and familiar with how to translate game's text of Fallout? Because I'm neither of those. The boys are going to need a lead, although even if we didn't get one just sharing workload to translate might work Day 1 as the author starts patching the game. Gather your swords, bows, and axes, bros, there's a war against decline that we need to win.

astralslider

Novice
So guys from Nevada Band updated their site.

Особенности:
  • Нелинейный сюжет
  • Около 100 квестов
  • Новая карта мира: 12 крупных локаций, 7 небольших, 11 специальных встреч
  • Высокая аутентичность локаций
  • 1,9 Мб игрового текста (в первом Fallout было 1,7 Мб)
  • Новая музыка

Quick translation:
Features:
  • Nonlinear story
  • About 100 quests
  • New world-map locations: 12 large, 7 small, 11 special encounters
  • High authenticity of locations
  • 1,9 Mb game text (Fallout 1 has 1,7 Mb)
  • New music (From Alexey Trofimov aka Nobody's Nail Machine)

The game release should be around next week or so.

00428527c1d3da79a58e7e92e3ed2025.png

13 March:
Will be ready soon. Most likely during next week.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Made a talky character with high INT and speech.
Let's see how it goes, i hope i'm not going to get stuck somewhere with unviable char.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Around 100 quests does sound like a lot but F:Nevada had much more, even if untitled quests don't count. New Reno is massive time sinker with some of the most innovative design choices for a Fallout game.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
In case any of you is way too hyped to wait for the official translation, you can do this:

lPHTm72.png

with this

Gonna wait for a properly translated exe myself, but figured someone here might wanna try.

(!) disclaimer: requires a bit of patience to set up and utilize

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

this music is so fucking good. i'm also glad to see the russian indie gamedev scene coming through with this isometric crpg gem

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom