Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: Sonora - new Fallout mod from the Fallout: Nevada team

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Is there any way I could talk/suggest things to the devs?

In their VK public there are links to their VK public profiles. So you can register & message them.

Also eye crits got me annoyed towards the end, because in Nevada, for some reason, characters who survive eye crits but get blinded just run, even through by all rights they would shred you apart. Even Deathclaws. The exceptions are Wannamingos and the Reaper. So it got kinda exploity towards the end.

Umm, it was always this way with animals. As long as you cripple any part of their body, they go into escape mode. Best part to cripple are legs, obviously, as it makes finishing them to be real convenient.

Shadenuat

Arcane
So, I finished Nevada and I quite liked it, even if the ending was a bit out there (but in a good way).

I agree that its better than Ressurection, but Ressurection has a tighter focus.
Strange, I remember Nevada being pretty crap compared to Resurrection with typical empty locations and meh grind and forgettable story. However I played it before there even was english version I think. Did they improve the content that much?

Black Angel

Arcane
So, I finished Nevada and I quite liked it, even if the ending was a bit out there (but in a good way).

I agree that its better than Ressurection, but Ressurection has a tighter focus.
Strange, I remember Nevada being pretty crap compared to Resurrection with typical empty locations and meh grind and forgettable story. However I played it before there even was english version I think. Did they improve the content that much?
Uhh, where were you in August 2017? The unofficial translation was 100% completed at the time, even though the editing was not.

And from what I've played, you're dead wrong with being crap, empty locations and grind. The story might not be all that memorable, but by virtue of what it achieved with Fallout's system the mod might be even better than Fallout 1&2 combined.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Played Elex lol.

2017 only? That is extremely late, I remember playing Nevada even when I wasn't posting on Codex much yet and some after. I remember that you need to collect parts for PWA, that you play as someone from Vault City and a quest where you need to fix some pipes.

The graphics and detail were good as it happens with mods where they invest into area design, but don't remember much interesting stuff to do.

So were they still working on it till 2017 or is it just translation?

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
So were they still working on it till 2017 or is it just translation?
According to the wiki, final version was released in 2015. The actual author, however, does not plan on an English translation and he did not see to it. And so, a bunch of people at NMA gathered to create an unofficial English translation, pioneered by a guy called Dionis.
Iirc, Dionis initiated translation some time during the second half of 2016, but after many difficulties in real life he and the team finally get to translate an entirety of Fallout of Nevada 1.02, but not editing all the errors, typos, etc etc. Unfortunately, Dionis went MIA for quite a while now, with the latest patch for translation released in 2018. I haven't checked the NMA thread for a long while now, but as Kyl Von Kull said in Nevada thread, it's totally playable, with those holding off waiting for Complete Version™ of the translation merely punishing themselves by depriving themselves of such masterpiece.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Interesting. Guess I'll check on it again after ATOM, it would be an interesting comparison to make between how different russian fallouts hold up.

Black Angel

Arcane
Interesting. Guess I'll check on it again after ATOM, it would be an interesting comparison to make between how different russian fallouts hold up.
Check out the thread in NMA for the links to download the translation patch and the mod that the team made the translation for. All the instruction to install the mod itself and the translation is in a readme included with the translation.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Where does Sonora fall into the timeline? Great War was in 2077

Fallout Nevada (2140)
Fallout 1 (2161)
Fallout 1.5 Resurrection (2170)
Fallout Tactics (2197)
Fallout 2 (2241)

How cool would it be to do a chronological Fallout run

EDIT: thanks agris!

Last edited:
Where does Sonora fall into the timeline? Great War was in 2077

Fallout Nevada (?)
Fallout 1 (2161)
Fallout 1.5 Resurrection (2170)
Fallout Tactics (2197)
Fallout 2 (2241)A

How cool would it be to do a chronological Fallout run

I heard the timeline of Sonora is an spoiler.

Personally one thing I always thought missing is a Fallout prequel in the late 21th century, in the years shortly after the war. Anywhere between 2077 to 2100. Well, we got Fallout 76, but the less spoken about it, the better.

Imagine it:

- The air is full of radiation, FEV, possibly bio-chemical weapons and all other sorts of nasty toxins.
- Relatively well-preserved cities standing in an ocean of wrecks, destruction and left-over radiation
- Disease outbreaks going on left and right
- Far more left-over pre-war tech than in the later parts of the timeline
- More left-over groups and hierarchies from before the war, trying (fruitlessely?) to keep the old pre-war civilization
- Ghouls. Fuckloads of Ghouls. Rad-Zombies and intelligent ones alike.
- Nature dying or mutating in practically real time. Mutant species all around, some of them extinct in the future.
- A lot of desolation
- Lots of closed or untapped vaults
- A mix of abundancy (from all the pre-war leftover) and scarcity from the fact there is nobody making anything anymore
- Seeing the collapse of civilization in real time
- The military and police degenerating into warlords and raiders

Shadenuat

Arcane
Check out the thread in NMA for the links to download the translation patch and the mod that the team made the translation for. All the instruction to install the mod itself and the translation is in a readme included with the translation.
I ma back to see if I am

WRONG

about the mod. Since people say it's better than Resurrection and such.

Yeah I want to play it on english, because it is hard for me to immerse in Fallout on russian. Is translation problems just typos and all, there aren't any script problems or anything?

I can see I can play as 8 y.o girl. An interesting improvement. Going to play that and demand consequences for my choice.
funny, this is first time in my life I am playing Fallout not on 3:4 monitor.

There seems to be lots of new stuff I don't remember (inventory sorting - hail the emperor; also door exploding and rat catching with rat traps - neat), but I do remember now the premise of amnesia and some biker stealing shit from vault which I at time found to be kinda retarded writing.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
Is translation problems just typos and all, there aren't any script problems or anything?
I haven't really tried playing with the most recent patch, but as far as I know, from reading the relevant threads once in a while, there aren't really any significant typos, and script problems are non-existent or, if there's any, already have a readily available solution.

but I do remember now the premise of amnesia and some biker stealing shit from vault which I at time found to be kinda retarded writing.
I can understand amnesia being retarded writing, but why biker stealing shit, too? Do you think a mailman that went on to become world-changing individual also retarded writing? Or a mere vault dweller being able to go full stealth in a super mutants-infested military base?

Anyway, if you have any questions, I suggest go the relevant thread here https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...inary-english-version-released.100529/page-27 as to not putting non-Sonora stuff in Sonora thread.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Found on their web-page:

Fallout: Sonora - a project in development. The release is expected in the fall of 2019 (for Fallout's birthday).

We do not want to spoil, so there is very little information so far. Something can be found on the forum and in our VK group .

dcvsmr6-c53257b4-9e7d-4abc-a6b2-003f2fafca35.png

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Last edited:

CharacterNik

Novice
From what i heard about weapons is that there will be few Mexican military productions, classic fallout guns (without broken stuff like Bozzar ) , maybe some unique USSR prodoctions like pistol of Makarow (because Mexican goverment baught weapons from USSR) .
And as Black Designer said - forget about Fallout Nevada , they comepletly rethaught their development experience .

Zer0wing

Cipher
From what i heard about weapons is that there will be few Mexican military productions, classic fallout guns (without broken stuff like Bozzar ) , maybe some unique USSR prodoctions like pistol of Makarow (because Mexican goverment baught weapons from USSR) .
And as Black Designer said - forget about Fallout Nevada , they comepletly rethaught their development experience .
Здарова браток, как семья, как собака, как поспал?

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Just for fun, I converted an image I found in the russian thread for Fallout: Sonora, into a file Fallout 2 can load. Now that it's a .RIX file, the image can be used as a splash screen:

http://www.filedropper.com/dlrixfo

- Go to ...\Fallout2\data\art
- Create a new folder, called splash
- Move the image to that folder
- Rename "SPLASH&.RIX" (SPLASH0.RIX, SPLASH1.RIX, SPLASH2.RIX, etc)

Unfortunately, I had to crop the image, so that Alchemy (the program to convert the image), would do the conversion. The demo version has a resolution limit (640x480).

https://prnt.sc/ot8ena

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom