Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

{Fallout Tactics} Multiplayer Woes

lxlslashlxl

Novice
(This topic has also been posted on NMA and DAC, in hopes of receiving the most helpful feedback possible).

Alright, so a few friends and I have been attempting to run Fallout Tactics' multiplayer mode,... Unfortunately, we've run into a few problems. To begin with, I'll note that we are using the 3 CD version of the game,.... And installed the 3 CD patch and the 1.27 patch in that order. We've both opened the correct ports, and have no firewalls/anti-viruses running.

Now, our problems are as follows: One of my buddies (running Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit) has an issue that prevents him from chatting in multiplayer. Now, we solved this once by having him delete his keys.cfg. However, after he restarted the game, the problem was back again, yet no keys.cfg existed. So, he's ingame and can't chat at all, using any of the bound keys. I even sent him a copy of my own keys.cfg, and he still can't chat.

Our other issue is, whenever playing Tactics, our internet connection just seems to drop. Specifically for me, whenever I attempt to join a server, my connection just cuts out. Our other buddy's connection cuts out while he's already on the server. This wouldn't be much of an issue, if it didn't drop and not return for about five or ten minutes. When the connection is dropped, all our 'net dependent applications cease functioning. Our IM clients lose connection, as do our web browsers. Resetting the connection doesn't work, either, until about 5-10 minutes later.

This is an annoyingly persistent issue, and I'd love to find a fix for these problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom