Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

Crowbcat is the poster child for diet cynicism: he makes videos for kids who want to look edgy and cool but can't think for themselves so they need vapid ecelebs to dictate their opinions for them.

He's not wrong. Crowbcat that is. You on the other hand are wrong. Making videos in which you show how an older game in the same series did more things, or did things better isn't somehow a act of cynicism, it's not edgy either...unless I've totally misunderstood what "edgy" means.
it's edgy, in his description he will admit that both games have their pros but won't admit that Far Cry 2 is actually a shit game, so he uses Far Cry 2 to make YouTube bucks

And? The point isn't that it's a shit game, the point is to show the cool shit Far Cry 2 did back in 2008 that for whatever reason isn't there in a new Far Cry in 2018...despite running on the exact same engine. (Not following these games I didn't know they were still running on the same engine) Who gives a shit if they're making money doing those videos, good for whoever runs that channel making some money pointing that shit out.

The superfluous animations, the guns exploding after 10 shots. The fire rendering the combat area unusuable for 10 minutes and dogshit map all came together to make FC2 one of the biggest pieces of shit released last generation.

I get the feeling you think I like Far Cry 2. I do not. Although all the different little animations when you're healing, guns jamming, and the way fires worked is what was interesting about their Far Cry games. (Although the jamming bit is specifically a 2 thing)

All that shit they cut makes for a aesthetically more interesting game, (and some of it just makes for a better game) that shit is cool, it's cool like how it was cool that Serious Sam came along and let you blow trees apart, and when Soldier of Fortune 1 & 2 came along and let you blow people apart on top of the nice death animations, and when Trespasser first came out and let you look down and see your character had a body. Well, it's not as cool as the SoF2 thing. It's more visually interesting to have trees move and leaves blown everywhere when you use a explosive, it's more visually interesting to have 15 or 20 different animations filling the same amount of time it takes to heal than 1, its more visually interesting to have good death animations and the enemy AI helping each other out and hiding behind some rock like they took a gunshot waiting for you to come around, it's more visually interesting to have the leaves burn off a tree when you start a fire than the tree looking exactly the same but black, and it's more visually interesting when your FPS can let you recreating that scene in Predator where they're clearing out trees by shooting a lot. Usually the idea is to make your game more aesthetically interesting, not to remove the cool looking shit you already had running in the exact same engine ten years ago.

Santander02

Arcane
Show me a mod that:

-Slows down weapon degradation ( or removes it enterily)
-De-bullet sponge enemies.
-And, most of all, prevents outposts from respawning.

And I might give Far Cry 2 another chance.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Dylan's Realism Mod should do almost all of that. I never found weapon degradation or enemies an issue myself, but whatever.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Show me a mod that:

-Slows down weapon degradation ( or removes it enterily)
-De-bullet sponge enemies.
-And, most of all, prevents outposts from respawning.

And I might give Far Cry 2 another chance.
fc2 killed my interest in the franchise. total mess on the order of DX:IW.

PorkBarrellGuy

Best Far Cry is the first half of Far Cry.

fixed, that game took a nosedive the moment the mutant monkeys showed up (same thing happened to Crysis, funnily enough)
The Trigens wouldn't be so bad if they weren't such incredible bullet sponges. Like, ok, have freaky mutants that can leap half a football field right at your face, but don't make them soak lead like crazy please.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The game is fun. Eliminating the HUD nonsense is great after I got to terms with having to use the big map.
The exploration and missions here are better than in previous games and the world is gorgeous, I am fairly sure it is my favourite FarCry since FC2.

Things I would like to see improved and added so that FarCry 6 could be my favourite shooter ever:

• keep all the good stuff from FC5
  • add the stuff that FC2 had (handheld map, weather, attention to small details, gun jamming - to enemies as well…)
  • non-silent protagonist
  • nonlinear quests with more options to solve them (narratively and gameplay-wise)
  • interactive dialogue (Deus Ex)
They should just make proper FPSRPG hybrid.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The game is fun. Eliminating the HUD nonsense is great after I got to terms with having to use the big map.
The exploration and missions here are better than in previous games and the world is gorgeous, I am fairly sure it is my favourite FarCry since FC2.

Things I would like to see improved and added so that FarCry 6 could be my favourite shooter ever:

• keep all the good stuff from FC5
  • add the stuff that FC2 had (handheld map, weather, attention to small details, gun jamming - to enemies as well…)
  • non-silent protagonist
  • nonlinear quests with more options to solve them (narratively and gameplay-wise)
  • interactive dialogue (Deus Ex)
They should just make proper FPSRPG hybrid.
KCD with guns then? :D

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Far cry 2 BTFO'd
So talking about how Far Cry 5 is graphically worse with much more powerful hardware to an almost 10 year old game for half the video and how pushing graphical effects was the thing to do in that time, then talking about Crysis for 2 minutes, then saying that Far Cry 5 has too fucking much volumetric fog, then talking some bullshit about how Far Cry 2 isn't open world and now Far Cry 2 is BTFO BRO XDDDDD. Retards like you and the cuckold making that video used to be drowned.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Far cry 2 BTFO'd

LOL what video did you watch?

"FC2 engine is better than FC5 but because it was marketed that way"

"FC2 engine is better than FC5 but that's because Crysis!!"

"FC5 runs ok on consoles" :lol:

"FC2 engine is better than FC5 because of today's developer priorities and development realities" :lol::lol:

"FC5 engine is better because unlike FC2, it introduces volumetric fog which limits your distance view" :lol::lol::lol:

"FC5 engine is better because it features unrealistic ballistics" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

GTFO.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom