Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry New Dawn - is now an RPG

Oracsbox

PGcAPCd.jpg
ok that box art is a bit worrying,any chance it's fake ?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Most likely fake, there has been only a teaser so far
The level of detail and effort in that image seems far to high for a fake whipped up in less than a day. It's most likely genuine.
It would be fun if the black girls are actually the villains, that would fit with the FarCry cover style since number 3...

lightbane

Arcane
I'm afraid that's for real, seeing how the Lesbian of Us 2 has a similar thing as well.

The nu-Feminism craze is getting worse...

Turjan

Arcane
The only thing that entertained me regarding the last Ubisoft release is how they managed to troll alt-righters and sjw's at the same time.

It wasn't entertaining enough for me to try the game though.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
The only thing that entertained me regarding the last Ubisoft release is how they managed to troll alt-righters and sjw's at the same time.

Seems they did it again, if that cover is real.

On the one hand, an SJW could see that cover as woke and socially conscious, with the 2 ladies dishing out some righteous payback to the privileged white oppressor. Racialized torture and murder of "racist" white people is already considered a noble act in SJW culture (Django Unchained, etc.)

On the other hand, the cover can be seen as problematic - not, of course, because torturing and killing white people is in any way not commendable (it is, after all, the natural outcome of these people's whole ideology), but because the way it is presented nurtures dangerous white supremacist stereotypes about black people.

And, of course, if the black girls are not supposed to be heroes but villains, then all bets are off. Then this will go down as the day a major publisher turned a popular AAA series into literal Nazi propaganda.

I predict a confused reaction from the blue checkmarks. They won't know whether they should applaud or start a witch hunt. Considering Ubi is already on thin ice for not explicitly making FC5 a game about massacring Trump supporters, the reaction will probably tilt towards the latter.

Last edited:

Oracsbox

So is this a sequel (expansion of sorts) to 5 and not a full far cry release ?

Last edited by a moderator:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The first Far Cry was actually good. Sort of had an Island of Dr Moreau feel to it. What happened to this franchise? It's such a thematic mishmash, every game is something else.

Oracsbox

So is this a sequel (expansion of sorts) to 5 and not a full far cry release ?

Its like Primal so a pseudo expansion with different setting, just an excuse to churn out another game and get those sweet $$$.

I don't mind I enjoyed Primal.Far Cry games are usually cheap and are well made poppamole fun.
What annoys me is shit content on broken game engines like Fallout4 /76 or constant re-releases of the same game with no fixes like Skyrim.

Also as was mentioned earlier there's a fair chance the ladies on the box art are some of the villains.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I thought that poster was fake for sure because it seemed an obvious dig at "Horizon: Zero Dawn." I mean, seriously? They should have thought that through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom