Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Feargus Urquhart on the possibilities for a New Vegas 2

Kron

Arcane
STOP IT PLEASE.
I just want to stop pretending that all these shitty Fallout spin-offs exist.
Just fucking quit it. Fallout will never again be what it once was. NEVER.

Harold

Arcane
Feargus said:
It could be very different. It could be almost a Walking Dead meets Fallout-like thing because of all the radiation.”
FUCK YOU FEARGUS, YOU FAT PIECE OF SHIT!

Dare to mention Fallout and The Walking Shit in the same phrase again and I will gut you like a pig motherfucker. I'm not even joking, bullshit like this brings out the hiver in me and I won't be held accountable for my actions.l​

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can some explain what was shit about Walking Dead so I don't have to waste my time in looking youtube videos?

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Can some explain what was shit about Walking Dead so I don't have to waste my time in looking youtube videos?

Setting, for one, and all the industry being miraculously dazed by TEH ZOMBIES!!1! retardation?

But for me it is more about completely stupid juxtaposition. Like pears and apples, you know the drill...

Seerix

Arbiter
So, Feargus's idea for next Fallout is to turn well developed city into zombie infested shithole that brakes the consitency with what they already established(Boneyard is afaik in the middle of NCR territory, full of law, brahmin shit and not very post apo anymore) and shits on the basic Fallout lore as high radiation only makes ghouls, not some shambling zombies.

Of course, he's probably just doing some stupid rambling :P I hope...

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
So, Feargus's idea for next Fallout is to turn well developed city into zombie infested shithole that brakes the consitency with what they already established(Boneyard is afaik in the middle of NCR territory, full of law, brahmin shit and not very post apo anymore) and shits on the basic Fallout lore as high radiation only makes ghouls, not some shambling zombies.

Of course, he's probably just doing some stupid rambling :P I hope...

Yeah, nothing new. Happens all the time with him.
His anti-ADHD pills were not delivered on time. Brennecke is on his way, and Avellone's preparing rebuttal statement.

imweasel

As it seems Obsidian is only working Project Eternity and South Park... and South Park is almost finished.

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
I hope Bethesda will skip doing a Fallout, instead giving the work directly to Obsidian. New Vegas was great.

Zeronet

Learned
I could see a Fallout Los Angeles coming out 18 months after Fallout 4.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Roguey Let's have a look at this paragraph again.

It almost feels like a fairy tale ending: after years of rushed projects, sudden cancellations, and brutal layoffs, Obsidian is suddenly in control of its own destiny. They've got two promising games on the way, and even just a few months ago, major publishers were knocking on their door: Urquhart told me he's been talking to Bethesda, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., and LucasArts.

Another game accounted for.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey Let's have a look at this paragraph again.

It almost feels like a fairy tale ending: after years of rushed projects, sudden cancellations, and brutal layoffs, Obsidian is suddenly in control of its own destiny. They've got two promising games on the way, and even just a few months ago, major publishers were knocking on their door: Urquhart told me he's been talking to Bethesda, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., and LucasArts.

Another game accounted for.
Well, he's just talking to those people. Have to look out for the future. I'm referring to all the linkedin info from this thread http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/59705-obsidian-currently-working-on-next-gen-console-title/

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Brother None brought this to my attention: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/12/batman-arkham-warner-brothers/

Details for Arkham 3 are unknown, but VG247′s “own sources” claims developer Rocksteady isn’t involved.

Batman: New Arkham?
Not likely cause Dungeon Siege III was the thing that made the Obsidian owners decide that they want to make nothing but RPGs with reactivity and crap (even if only narrative). Batman's too defined as a character to work like that.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
How about Feargus and the gang build a time machine and shoot Fargo before he takes Interplay public.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom