Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Feature Suggestions & Requests - Handled

LarkinVB

Novice
I'm looking forward to playing this when I recovered from not finishing ToEE again due to the node lags. Thanks !

Is it possible to remove the red enemy circles within the blue spell targeting areas while the emeies are not in line of sight ? Otherwise you could use them as a detection tool to blindly cast fireballs into dark areas.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Didn't want to take any before I'd actually managed to add one such thing, but now that I have, go ahead :) just try not to go overboard, I'm just one person doing this part time!

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
Oh hey, here's an idea- how about making attacks of opportunity not automatic? It'd be closer to how it works in D&D and wouldn't fuck with your invisible rogue waiting for their opportunity by revealing them.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Hmm, I think I could add a checkbox in the radial menu to hold off on AoOs for a particular PC. Would that do?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Done!

GfHKdlq.jpg

Otis and the other character near the bandit disable their AoOs

6hcyY50.jpg

The bandit, who is using Unarmed attacks, does not provoke AoOs as a consequence! (I tried to get him to use his bow but the bastard always switched to his sidearm)

YFAbHXj.jpg

Help file entry

This also paves the way for new Conditions (character status effects) and Radial Menu options / actions!

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Keep 'em coming!

For instance now would be a good time to suggest one of those high level feats - what would you like to see?

Heinous Hat

Scholar
That's some impressive engine manipulation voodoo you've achieved there :D

I'd like to see some of the missing archery feats (which cause rangers to suck hard as a pure class)... basically anything that's supposed to follow Precise Shot

-Uncanny Accuracy (Epic feat)

I think those just involve bypassing cover and concealment penalties... nothing extravagant.

I like Black's list... anything that adds grapple, sunder, shield bashing or similar fighter combat options would be great. Animations may be scarce though...

Last edited by a moderator:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why not disable AoO while concealed (invisible or stealth) instead? Then turn it on by default or something.

That Enlarge Person bug reminds me that a long time ago i (ab)used the spell through cheats (casting it way too much) and managed to turn my party into gnomes gradually (and 'beyond'). It looked like the spell was accumulating floating point errors on expiration, like it was multiplying on the restoration to the original size instead of restoring a saved value. I don't remember if i reported it or if it was even fixed.

It was p funny to fight Zuggtmoy with a party of toddlers whoose cloaks physics snarled everywhere.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
That's some impressive engine manipulation voodoo you've achieved there :D

I'd like to see some of the missing archery feats (which cause rangers to suck hard as a pure class)... basically anything that's supposed to follow Precise Shot

-Improved Precise Shot
-Sharpshooting
-Uncanny Accuracy

I think those just involve bypassing cover and concealment penalties... nothing extravagant.

I like Black's list... anything that adds grapple, sunder, shield bashing or similar fighter combat options would be great. Animations may be scarce though...
There are animations for grappling but only by giant frogs I think so they'd look kinda weird human on human. Maybe just leave it without animations, just give the "grappled" status to both grappler and grappled.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Some of those shouldn't be too hard, cool stuff! Grappling might be a litle tricky though, we'll see. Maybe it can be abstracted a bit such that grappling resolution is instant and the failed char goes prone with a pinned status as long as the grappler keeps at it. Also I'd like to support disarm with a reminder UI after combat ends bc I know that players (myself included) would forget about getting disarmed and get pissed. Though I guess at first it wouldn't be available to the AI as an action anyway, so maybe it won't matter...

I've largely fixed the Enlarge bug - converted it to an approximate integer multiplication and division equivalent ( it can still modify the size by about 5% iirc but at least it has a well defined terminal value for each case).

As for the AoO I think it's good enough - don't want to overcomplicate it. I think it could also apply to other situations like if you're holding a touch attack charge.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Didn't know whether to bother with epic feats, are you planning on adding content that'd make adding epic feats worthwhile?

Epic feats is for level > 20 chars, right? I don't have any plans for that right now, and as mentioned I'd prefer to beef up the 11-20 levels first.

gazra doesn't the monk already have those abilities? I see dll hacks all over the place that deal with those things. Are they broken or something?

Black

Arcane
Didn't know whether to bother with epic feats, are you planning on adding content that'd make adding epic feats worthwhile?

Epic feats is for level > 20 chars, right? I don't have any plans for that right now, and as mentioned I'd prefer to beef up the 11-20 levels first.
Yes, that's why I omitted them because, at least for now, there's no purpose.

gazra

Educated
gazra doesn't the monk already have those abilities? I see dll hacks all over the place that deal with those things. Are they broken or something?
Dunno. I haven't tested them yet in TemplePlus (I've been too busy playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Within for the first time). I tested the class special abilities using TFE-X years ago and these were my findings:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8484

Black

Arcane
Does that mean you are exposed to a counter attempt automatically?
No idea, honestly, but I'd think so. With the addendum that the fighter should probably choose whether he wants to attempt the trip, else he'd find himself wrestling dragons. Apparently stacks with improved trip too.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
My most wanted are the following (in the following descending order from most wanted to least wanted):

2. Greater Two-Weapon Fighting feat

Finally figured out how to implement this. Unfortunately, Troika coded the secondary weapon usage in an unbelievably retarded way (not to mention that they named the D20CAF flags wrong in the python dictionary), which means I'll have to rewrite a bunch of long functions just to accommodate this. Argh!

Well I guess I could also do a hack but I've started to hate doing these :P

Can I can get a confirmation of my understanding of TWF?

1. No TWF feats: ONE (1x) extra attack with the offhand weapon, and the rest of the attacks should use the main hand weapon.
2. Improved TWF: another extra attack with the offhand (total 2), rest are main hand weapon
3. Greater TWF: 3x offhand attacks on top of your normal attacks with the main weapon.

As it currently is, ToEE will alternate between the main and offhand weapon even if you don't have Improved TWF (though it's capped to 2 attacks with the offhand because of the abovementioned retarded coding; I'll be changing this of course)

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Something I'd like to suggest that's more of a UI convenience than anything...

- Read Magic and Identify spells functional across other characters' inventories

What that would achieve would be to eliminate the incredibly tedious inventory shuffle that can occur whenever you've got a pile of items to ID...

"Hey Bigglesworth, what's this stuff do?"
"No idea, give it here. No, wait... I've got too many items. Here, hold this a minute."
"Can't, I'm full up too. Hey Urok the Slayer, take my fancy hat collection while I hold Bigglesworth's rod so he can do his divination trick."
"Urok no can do. Still got shoes and dresses from last time. Urok killer, not closet!"
"Oh, right... forgot. Who's got that extraplanar chest thingy?"
"Urok see chest back at room in Omelet. Why you no keep track of stuff when you one take all junk?"
"Crap..."

Maybe it isn't that bad if you organize properly, craft helms of RM etc, but I can see it pissing off new players :argh:

Made Read Magic identify your entire party's potions and scrolls when cast in a safe area

Last edited by a moderator:

gazra

Educated
QUESTIONS!
2) Chain Lightning crashes the game if you target a lot of enemies with it (12 or more I think), can this be fixed?

Previously, I also asked for that particular bug to be fixed. Circle of Eight forum member sirchet claims that attempting to cast that spell causes a CTD only if you select more than 4 targets for that spell.

Can I can get a confirmation of my understanding of TWF?

1. No TWF feats: ONE (1x) extra attack with the offhand weapon, and the rest of the attacks should use the main hand weapon.
2. Improved TWF: another extra attack with the offhand (total 2), rest are main hand weapon
3. Greater TWF: 3x offhand attacks on top of your normal attacks with the main weapon.

Yes, that is how it is supposed to function in D&D 3.5. The second off-hand attack is supposed to have a -5 penalty to Attack, and the third offhand attack is supposed to have a -10 penalty to Attack.

The D&D 3.5 SRD states:
IMPROVED TWO-WEAPON FIGHTING [GENERAL]
Prerequisites: Dex 17, Two-Weapon Fighting, base attack bonus +6.
Benefit: In addition to the standard single extra attack you get with an off-hand weapon, you get a second attack with it, albeit at a –5 penalty.
Normal: Without this feat, you can only get a single extra attack with an off-hand weapon.
Special: A fighter may select Improved Two-Weapon Fighting as one of his fighter bonus feats.
A 6th-level ranger who has chosen the two-weapon combat style is treated as having Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, even if he does not have the prerequisites for it, but only when he is wearing light or no armor.

GREATER TWO-WEAPON FIGHTING [GENERAL]
Prerequisites: Dex 19, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Fighting, base attack bonus +11.
Benefit: You get a third attack with your off-hand weapon, albeit at a –10 penalty.
Special: A fighter may select Greater Two-Weapon Fighting as one of his fighter bonus feats.
An 11th-level ranger who has chosen the two-weapon combat style is treated as having Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, even if he does not have the prerequisites for it, but only when he is wearing light or no armor.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
QUESTIONS!
2) Chain Lightning crashes the game if you target a lot of enemies with it (12 or more I think), can this be fixed?

Previously, I also asked for that particular bug to be fixed. Circle of Eight forum member sirchet claims that attempting to cast that spell causes a CTD only if you select more than 4 targets for that spell.
Yeah, they might want to get their stories straight because you can cast it at ~12 targets and it won't crash. Anything above, doom.
Also, I remember Co8 guys saying that the no-secret-doors bug is unfixable, so yeah.

gazra

Educated
QUESTIONS!

Yeah, they might want to get their stories straight because you can cast it at ~12 targets and it won't crash. Anything above, doom.
Also, I remember Co8 guys saying that the no-secret-doors bug is unfixable, so yeah.

Since I can't bloody edit my posts, I just want to get my story straight. It was Circle of Eight forum member Oleg Ben Loleg that claimed that selecting more than 4 targets with the Chain Lightning spell caused the game to CTD. Sorry sirchet.

The D&D 3.5 SRD states:
Full Attack
If you get more than one attack per round because your base attack bonus is high enough, because you fight with two weapons or a double weapon or for some special reason you must use a full-round action to get your additional attacks. You do not need to specify the targets of your attacks ahead of time. You can see how the earlier attacks turn out before assigning the later ones.
The only movement you can take during a full attack is a 5-foot step. You may take the step before, after, or between your attacks.
If you get multiple attacks because your base attack bonus is high enough, you must make the attacks in order from highest bonus to lowest. If you are using two weapons, you can strike with either weapon first. If you are using a double weapon, you can strike with either part of the weapon first.

TWO-WEAPON FIGHTING
If you wield a second weapon in your off hand, you can get one extra attack per round with that weapon. You suffer a –6 penalty with your regular attack or attacks with your primary hand and a –10 penalty to the attack with your off hand when you fight this way. You can reduce these penalties in two ways:
•If your off-hand weapon is light, the penalties are reduced by 2 each. (An unarmed strike is always considered light.)
•The Two-Weapon Fighting feat lessens the primary hand penalty by 2, and the off-hand penalty by 6.
Table: Two-Weapon Fighting Penalties summarizes the interaction of all these factors.

Table: Two-Weapon Fighting Penalties
Circumstances Primary Hand Off Hand
Normal penalties –6 –10
Off-hand weapon is light –4 –8
Two-Weapon Fighting feat –4 –4
Off-hand weapon is light and Two-Weapon Fighting feat –2 –2

Double Weapons: You can use a double weapon to make an extra attack with the off-hand end of the weapon as if you were fighting with two weapons. The penalties apply as if the off-hand end of the weapon were a light weapon.
Thrown Weapons: The same rules apply when you throw a weapon from each hand. Treat a dart or shuriken as a light weapon when used in this manner, and treat a bolas, javelin, net, or sling as a one-handed weapon.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Before...
YlNsix4.jpg

Otis, level 12, gets 5 attacks - 3 normal + 2 bonus offhands

BmVV9W1.jpg

Look ma, I's got a new feat!

o0angZa.jpg

After!
Otis gets a third extra attack at a -10 penalty.

Now available at alpha pre+198.

This also corrects the abovementioned incorrect behavior for offhand attacks.

I still need to implement the Ranger bonus version of that (so that Rangers automatically get it when they should), but the normal version is already selectable as a feat on levelup otherwise (including being a fighter bonus feat). Rangers who pick the TWF style now get this at level 11. Woo! (and ofc it only works if they wear light armor)

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Externalized feat properties table to feat_properties.tab so you can now add brand new feats. (Greater TWF already had an entry in ToEE, it was just inactive)

eNIZLVF.png

gTsKoBX.png

These are just for show right now until I implement the effect functions, however (i.e. you can select the feat and you'll "get it" but it won't actually create any effect yet).

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Sharp-Shooting and Improved Precise Shot now working as of build pre+204.

eGkDZUB.jpg

edit:
I'm going to be implementing some more infrastructure to support some of the other feats (ones that require a new D20 Action type, in particular). So I may be quiet for a while...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom