Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Feature Suggestions & Requests - Handled

Mathalor

Educated
Could you add Dire Wolf to the druid animal companion list, at level 7?
Added 1.0.83 (also as Wildshape)

I can summon them, but only through spells, not as a companion.

I had to look at the srd to tell what level druids should have access to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Endarire

Scholar
Expanded EXP Chart
Since the Temple+ max level is 50, I'd like to get the expanded EXP chart (level 1 to 50) viewable in-game. The 1-20 chart exists in-game by clicking on a character's EXP total.
Done for 1.0.35 (Co8 only)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Can you make it so out of combat speed is universal (or at least reflect in-combat speed) instead of based on height?

Took a while but it's in for next version (to be released this weekend). You'll also be able to configure a "speedupFactor" through the cheats console menu.

Bohandas

Educated
Not sure if this should go in suggestions or CO8 errors, but is there any way to rig it so that all four portrait packs for co8 can be installed and active at the same time? DONE

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Can you make portrit packs less mutually exclusive?

Not sure if this should go in suggestions or CO8 errors, but is there any way to rig it so that all four portrait packs for co8 can be installed and active at the same time?

Finally in as of next version:

portraitPacks.jpg

(That's a party generated from BG + IWD + JA2 + Royo Co8 packs)

Usage:
1) Download Co8 portrait pack
2) Run the installation file (this will just create a portrait pack file in the chosen destination folder under the \addons folder).
3) Open the .tpp file with a zip program. You'll need to extract the contents of the innermost folder (portraits\) according to the following steps.
4) Inside your ToEE folder, go to data\art\interface\portraits\ and create a new subfolder (one for each pack). The abovementioned contents of the .tpp file should go there.

In the end your portraits folder should look something like this:
upload_2017-5-5_20-22-38.png

upload_2017-5-5_20-22-48.png

I'll probably also make pre-packaged .dat files to save the common user the hassle if Co8 permits.

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-5_20-21-41.png
    upload_2017-5-5_20-21-41.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 232
  • upload_2017-5-5_20-22-23.png
    upload_2017-5-5_20-22-23.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

Bohandas

Educated
we need to delete anything to prevent doubles from whatever pack we already have active?

Heklin

Barely Literate
Hi Sitra and team,,

Your work is awesome. I was a big fan of Pool of Rad: Ruins of Mythdranor and always wanted to play ToEE, but couldn't get it to run properly and had heard of the endless bugs. That plus i was turned off by companions taking all the loot.

I loaded the gog version last night, added Co8 and Temple+ and it runs perfectly with 1920x1080 res.

Im so excited to be able to get a DnD fix. Thank you for your hard work. It has made my month!!!

Cheers,

Endarire

Scholar
Request for new base classes that would likely be useful and seemingly easy to implement:
-Beguiler (Player's Handbook II): A Rogue mixed with a spontaneous Illusionist/Enchanter.
Added 1.0.75

-Warmage (Complete Arcane): A spontaneous blaster with a large list of Evocation spells. Would require orb spells to be true to its concept, but those seem easily implemented.
Added 1.0.70

SwingBlade

Educated
Any chance to revisit this suggestion re: arcane spell failure reduction?

I'll try to list as many as I know/can find.

There are actually quite a few materials that help with ASF. Maybe they could be implemented as +0 enchantments for appropriate equipment, while still having the appropriate costs?
  • Mithral DMG: A great material for armor and shields, but is more expensive. It lessens armor check penalty by 3 points, arcane spell failure by 10% and increase maximum dexterity bonus by 2.
  • Leafweave RoW: Reduces arcane spell failure by 5%, armor check penalty is lessened by 2 and maximum dexterity bonus is increased by 1. Leafweave applies on padded, leather, studded leather and hide armor.
  • Wildwood RoW: Lessens arcane spell failure by 5%, but reduces armor bonus by 1 and increases max dexterity bonus by 1.
  • Thistledown Suit RoW: Reduces arcane spell failure chance by 5% and increases the armor's check penalty by 1.
  • Feycraft DMG II: Not exactly material, this template can be added on any suit of armor. It gains the following: 10% less weight, -1 hardness, -5 hit points, -5% arcane spell failure. Also grants +1 bonus to bluff checks made to deceive others. The cost is 500 gp more.
  • Githcraft DMG II: Similar to feycraft, this is a template that can be added on a suit of armor. The armor's arcane spell failure is reduced by 5%. Also the bearer of a githcraft shield or armor gets a +1 unnamed bonus on concentration checks. The cost is 600 gp. Note that if you carry both a githcraft armor and shield, you probably stack the concentration bonuses, since they come from different sources.
There is also the Twilight enchantment (also in Magic Item Compendium) that is +1, and lowers ASF by 10%. Requires Cat's Grace to enchant.

These two pages seem to sum up the options available pretty succinctly:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-112738.html

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Wizard...uum_(DnD_Optimized_Character_Build)/Equipment

By the way, I really want to thank you for the work you do! It's normally unheard of for me to replay a game within a year of beating it, much less this third consecutive playthrough I just started today!

RoW = Races of the Wild (-SA for self reference)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Any chance to revisit this suggestion re: arcane spell failure reduction?

I'll try to list as many as I know/can find.

There are actually quite a few materials that help with ASF. Maybe they could be implemented as +0 enchantments for appropriate equipment, while still having the appropriate costs?
  • Mithral DMG: A great material for armor and shields, but is more expensive. It lessens armor check penalty by 3 points, arcane spell failure by 10% and increase maximum dexterity bonus by 2.
  • Leafweave RoW: Reduces arcane spell failure by 5%, armor check penalty is lessened by 2 and maximum dexterity bonus is increased by 1. Leafweave applies on padded, leather, studded leather and hide armor.
  • Wildwood RoW: Lessens arcane spell failure by 5%, but reduces armor bonus by 1 and increases max dexterity bonus by 1.
  • Thistledown Suit RoW: Reduces arcane spell failure chance by 5% and increases the armor's check penalty by 1.
  • Feycraft DMG II: Not exactly material, this template can be added on any suit of armor. It gains the following: 10% less weight, -1 hardness, -5 hit points, -5% arcane spell failure. Also grants +1 bonus to bluff checks made to deceive others. The cost is 500 gp more.
  • Githcraft DMG II: Similar to feycraft, this is a template that can be added on a suit of armor. The armor's arcane spell failure is reduced by 5%. Also the bearer of a githcraft shield or armor gets a +1 unnamed bonus on concentration checks. The cost is 600 gp. Note that if you carry both a githcraft armor and shield, you probably stack the concentration bonuses, since they come from different sources.
There is also the Twilight enchantment (also in Magic Item Compendium) that is +1, and lowers ASF by 10%. Requires Cat's Grace to enchant.

These two pages seem to sum up the options available pretty succinctly:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-112738.html

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Wizard...uum_(DnD_Optimized_Character_Build)/Equipment

By the way, I really want to thank you for the work you do! It's normally unheard of for me to replay a game within a year of beating it, much less this third consecutive playthrough I just started today!

RoW = Races of the Wild (-SA for self reference)

Yeah, added Twilight enhancement for next version. (as usual the son of a bitch took me a lot longer to implement than I thought :argh: but it's done)

The others you suggested are better suited to content mods IMO. E.g. you can add relevant protos.tab armor entries with the appropriate stats and add them to shop inventories somewhere, like the Co8 Moon Ivy armor.

Bohandas

Educated

Not sure if this should go in suggestions or CO8 errors, but is there any way to rig it so that all four portrait packs for co8 can be installed and active at the same time?

View attachment 8057

Usage:
2) Run the installation file (this will just create a portrait pack file in the chosen destination folder under the \addons folder).
3) Open the .tpp file with a zip program. You'll need to extract the contents of the innermost folder (portraits\) according to the following steps.
4) Inside your ToEE folder, go to data\art\interface\portraits\ and create a new subfolder (one for each pack). The abovementioned contents of the .tpp file should go there.

I'll probably also make pre-packaged .dat files to save the common user the hassle if Co8 permits.
So, could this also be used to add additional portraits beyond the four packs? and/or to create new packs?

Sitra Achara

Arcane

View attachment 8057

Usage:

So, could this also be used to add additional portraits beyond the four packs? and/or to create new packs?
Yes.

Bohandas

Educated
Is there some special requirement to the images other than that they be .tga, the correct size, and are entered into portraits.mes

EDIT:
I figured it out. The Files can't be saved using RLE(?) compression as was the default in GIMP

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Dire Wolves are Sorta Missing
Dire wolves can be summoned via summon monster IV, but can't be turned into via Wild Shape, nor be used as animal companions.
Fixed for v1.0.83

Wild Shape Itemization Feels Too Restrictive
Currently, Wild Shape prevents all worn items from functioning. I can understand that. My groups have assumed that, if Wild Shaping with no distinct time limit, the Druid (or other character) will strip, shape, then reequip.

There is some Living Greyhawk precedent.

Hi! Doing some WS work now...

Initially I thought heck no to the above, but I suppose it could be a nice House Rules option.

What type of items should be retained this way? Please try to keep it as simple as possible.
Edit: I guess like it says in the link, Necklaces and Cloaks.

I'd say Ioun Stones too, but right now they have no properties to distinguish them from other items. Maybe later...

Last edited:

tlk

Novice
Since you're presently into melee feats and mechanics, what are the prospects for fixing the reach weapon (non) limitation? That is, limiting reach weapons so they can't strike inside 10ft (or whatever the radius based on size).

:necro:

View attachment 20763
Damn you just nuked the way I played this game for like 90% of time lol
It's like when fcukin blizzard nerfed the blood golemancer (for whatever stupid reason) ;-(
Of course unlike the glorious Necro build, the reach weapons were ridiculously overpowered to the point of making fighting with anything non-reach a liability IMO.

<rant>before trying ToEE I probably couldn't have been convinced a commercial AAA game (with some reputation too - and I mean other than for being downright broken) could have so much dysfunctional in it</rant>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom