Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Feature Suggestions & Requests - Handled

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So you can wish for more features? :P

Anyway I can, but tbh it's quite in the realm of conventional content modding so I'd rather focus on other things (like new class options, with which I'm making some good progress).

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Is there any documentation available?
Documentation of what? How to mod spells or Temple+ stuff?
If the latter, there's several wikis in the github repository. For the former, you can probably find doc at Co8, though you can usually just mimic existing spells/scripts in a straightforward manner.

Salk

Novice
Patron
Hello!

I was wondering whether or not you might consider reverting the changes made by the Co8 modification by making all areas of the game unexplored (fog everywhere) as an optional customization. I never liked the fact that some maps come fully explored with no real reason.

Added Fog of War options to House Rules as of 1.0.14

Last edited by a moderator:

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
Hm, I think you'd need to address that with co8. We're not shipping Co8 itself.

Black

Arcane
Formal petition to add http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Melee_Weapon_Mastery_(3.5e_Feat)

Black: That's a homebrew feat unless you can prove to me otherwise. (D&D Wiki stuff is largely homebrew aside from marked 'SRD' entries.)
http://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/feat/Melee_Weapon_Mastery
Source: Player's Handbook II
Though this one works differently.
This feat is also present in Kaedrin's PRC pack to NWN 2 (in the form as in the link above) and I'm pretty sure it's not homebrew.
Added in 1.0.30

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Looked it up and there's indeed Melee Weapon Mastery in PHB II, but it is as the second link rather than the D&D Wiki one.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
First version of feat is obviously not legit. DC 15 + Strength for a 1d4 round stun is obscenely overpowered.

Endarire

Scholar
Requested if it isn't in there already: A working set of Prayer Beads of Karma. These are added by Co8. The item exists in the game and is gettable, but has no way to give +4 caster level to divine casters 1/day.

Samael101

Barely Literate
I'm a fan of being able to pick and choose my characters a bit more loosely - maybe growing up with people who played monstrous races or played evil characters who were willing to work with good aligned ones spoiled me, but Baldur's Gate has tons of mods that sideline inter-character conflict in the interest of a chosen party. Would a House Rule option to allow the likes of Oohlgrist to join my party without issues be possible? Having to go without ditching em (and then fight them) to visit town or even to allow a situation where either Hommlet doesn't hate the party for having them or can send them to a Hideout instead of the Inn would be a major improvement.

Added for 1.0.14

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'm a fan of being able to pick and choose my characters a bit more loosely - maybe growing up with people who played monstrous races or played evil characters who were willing to work with good aligned ones spoiled me, but Baldur's Gate has tons of mods that sideline inter-character conflict in the interest of a chosen party. Would a House Rule option to allow the likes of Oohlgrist to join my party without issues be possible? Having to go without ditching em (and then fight them) to visit town or even to allow a situation where either Hommlet doesn't hate the party for having them or can send them to a Hideout instead of the Inn would be a major improvement.

Done!

TolerantTownsfolk.jpg

This is now available as a House Rules option (v1.0.14).

Edit: also added Fog of War options: Normal, Unfogged, and Always (as per Salk 's request)

upload_2016-8-12_16-44-8.png

Going to do some bug testing and hopefully release it this weekend.

Last edited:

Samael101

Barely Literate
Oh gosh, thank you so much! My partner always had to manually hack it to let him drop Oohlgrist off some place to get to town and that always took was more fussing around. You've made their day!

Wened

Educated
I have a question to creators of this mod. Can You make a house rule: "Simplified crafting". So that my crafters would only need gold and xp to craft (like in "Knights of the chalice" game). But no spell requirement?

It seems like it takes a lot of planing to have right spells on right characters, especially that some spells are only available on level up (no scrolls in game) or the scrolls are very rare (like only one NPC in the entire game has one copy).
In for v1.0.27

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I have a question to creators of this mod. Can You make a house rule: "Simplified crafting". So that my crafters would only need gold and xp to craft (like in "Knights of the chalice" game). But no spell requirement?

It seems like it takes a lot of planing to have right spells on right characters, especially that some spells are only available on level up (no scrolls in game) or the scrolls are very rare (like only one NPC in the entire game has one copy).
It's possible, but it somehow seems more fitting as a personal mod. You can quite easily edit the crafting requirements in
C:\Users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\TemplePlus\app-1.0.15\tpdata\tprules\craft_maa_specs.tab

I'll add such an option if anyone else expresses interest in it though.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
What's up with healing being sometimes required touch and sometimes working at a distance? Has Temple+ done anything about it?
When my cleric or druid uses healing spells such as cure light wounds, etc... There are times when the caster has to walk up to the character being healed in combat as if the spell requires direct contact. Other times, the caster can simply cast cure wounds and heal my other party members that may be standing a few dozen feet away. I'm very confused about this discrepancy of healing position requirements, and knowing the difference WILL matter in combat at times for me.

Does necklace of adaptation work now?

Endarire

Scholar
'Touch' is or was defined as 'melee weapon range.' If you wield a polearm or reach weapon (Longspears, yo!) then your touch spell reach increases. Maybe ranged weapons like bows have a really small touch range.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
'Touch' is or was defined as 'melee weapon range.' If you wield a polearm or reach weapon (Longspears, yo!) then your touch spell reach increases. Maybe ranged weapons like bows have a really small touch range.
My clerics/druids in the past have been able to to cast something like cure light wounds on a party member across the room when all they have is a morningstar for example.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
What's up with healing being sometimes required touch and sometimes working at a distance? Has Temple+ done anything about it?
When my cleric or druid uses healing spells such as cure light wounds, etc... There are times when the caster has to walk up to the character being healed in combat as if the spell requires direct contact. Other times, the caster can simply cast cure wounds and heal my other party members that may be standing a few dozen feet away. I'm very confused about this discrepancy of healing position requirements, and knowing the difference WILL matter in combat at times for me.

Does necklace of adaptation work now?
Healing requiring touch range should be fixed (there was an override for the range requirement used by some AI actions that was not being reset on player actions).
Necklace of Adaptation works now, at least for Stinking Cloud and Cloudkill.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Requested if it isn't in there already: A working set of Prayer Beads of Karma. These are added by Co8. The item exists in the game and is gettable, but has no way to give +4 caster level to divine casters 1/day.
How did you obtain the Karma beads? From the craftable items I only saw Healing and Blessing beads.
I added the effect for next release (1.0.18) but they'll have to be added to the craftable list.

Edit: Ah, from the Thrommel reward encounter. Well now it works at least ;)

upload_2016-9-3_3-35-39.png

Edit: Also fixed Opportunist so it resets on beginning of your round, and only goes off on others' attacks.

Last edited:

Dr. Bak

Novice
The standard Strand of Prayer Beads price is 25,800 according to the manual but is an unnoticed typo, the price is supposed to be 45,800

Sitra Achara

Arcane
The standard Strand of Prayer Beads price is 25,800 according to the manual but is an unnoticed typo, the price is supposed to be 45,800
Well in ToEE the prayer beads you get only have the Karma (caster level) effect. The item worth is 19k GP, which is more or less what the SRD states for the individual bead's worth.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Looking at the particle effects in the game, it seems like there are quite a few that are not being used. How come stuff like the summon monster and summon natures ally for example, don't play those particle effects when PCs cast those spells? A general rechecking and reapplying particle effects that should happen would be nice, having those cool shiny effects makes the combat that much more enjoyable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom