Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Feature Suggestions & Requests - Handled

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Looking at the particle effects in the game, it seems like there are quite a few that are not being used. How come stuff like the summon monster and summon natures ally for example, don't play those particle effects when PCs cast those spells? A general rechecking and reapplying particle effects that should happen would be nice, having those cool shiny effects makes the combat that much more enjoyable.
My guess would be that the D20 Systems guy got the request to return object handles on the .summon_monsters() method too late :P But I think I can work it in.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Looking at the particle effects in the game, it seems like there are quite a few that are not being used. How come stuff like the summon monster and summon natures ally for example, don't play those particle effects when PCs cast those spells? A general rechecking and reapplying particle effects that should happen would be nice, having those cool shiny effects makes the combat that much more enjoyable.
My guess would be that the D20 Systems guy got the request to return object handles on the .summon_monsters() method too late :P But I think I can work it in.
I also see stuff like wall of ice/fire/force that either I haven't used so long in the game to remember or may not exist for some reason.
Oh wall spells are just not implemented. There's currently no UI to support rotating the wall, and no AoE definition other than circular area.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Would it be possible to fix Whirlwind Attack? The ideal use of whirlwind attack would be for an invisible rogue to creep into the center of a mob and whirlwind attack. But that doesn't work because whirlwind attack doesn't work on non-combatants (so it doesn't work as a 1st-round attack). It seems like something that should be easy to fix but maybe it's not.

Fixed it... and of course it turned out to be anything but easy :rage: but at least it's done now :thumbsup:

deuxhero

Arcane
Can you make it so out of combat speed is universal (or at least reflect in-combat speed) instead of based on height? DONE

Can you make portrit packs less mutually exclusive? DONE

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I have more like a suggestion than maybe an issue, so Sitra, feel free to switch it to another board.
I am currently playing through the mod with an 8PCs party. Everybody but my cleric is 17th level (cleric is getting there) and I'm done with all the quests beside the Lady Asherah/fighting Iuz thing.
I know that you fiddled (and finally corrected) the XP calculation per encounter and got it more in sync with the rules instead of having characters getting the XP as if they were 10th lvl and thanks for that.
But my problem lies right now with the fact that the random encounters (that I use to accumulate XP to get my cleric up and maybe having a little bit of extra for crafting purposes) do not get me XP except on the meager occasions when CR of certain monsters and my PC's level are not too distant.

Any possibility of tweaking the random encounters a bit to get it more challenging for a high level party?
I will probably get my cleric to 17th level fighting lizardmen with class levels, vodyanols, or ogre chieftains (?!?)... for some reason, the ogre chieftain is still ok to get XP for all my characters and not just my cleric. but I am sure as soon as I get there, I will not be able to find any bugs to squash for the little extras (like wands or scrolls...)

Hmm, I think pumping up the random countryside encounters even higher would be a bit ridiculous. I think it'd fit better in the Nodes. (the Water Node is already a decent location for farming XP with the Ice Tyrant spawns and the rest being easy trash you can fast forward).

Can you make it so out of combat speed is universal (or at least reflect in-combat speed) instead of based on height?

Can you make portrit packs less mutually exclusive?

Are you using speedup()? I get that it can be irritating to have formation breakup though, I'll see what can be done.

As for portrait packs, yeah I've always wanted to make it more modular. It's on my (longass) list ;)

deuxhero

Arcane
Formation breakup is the worst part really. Compared to that slower map travel is irrelevant.

Oh, how about allowing enter/linebreak to say yes to yes/no prompts (most obviously overwriting a save file)?

Done for v1.0.24

g0ld0

Novice
Hmm, I think pumping up the random countryside encounters even higher would be a bit ridiculous. I think it'd fit better in the Nodes. (the Water Node is already a decent location for farming XP with the Ice Tyrant spawns and the rest being easy trash you can fast forward).

If I understand you correctly, you are telling me than I can farm xp out of the Nodes by going back to it once I've cleared them of monsters?
Just went back and it's pretty empty...

Sitra Achara

Arcane

If I understand you correctly, you are telling me than I can farm xp out of the Nodes by going back to it once I've cleared them of monsters?
Just went back and it's pretty empty...
I mean when you rest there.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Can it be made to apply to the OK/Cancel prompts (from looting stacked items) too?
Yeah that's the Slider UI, done for next version.

Also does ToEE allow sneak attack on spells? I've only just gotten my rogue/wizard in a place to try it, and Acid Splash didn't work on a nearby flatfooted hobgoblin.
Heh, no, it gets applied to normal attacks only. For spell damage you directly specify the damage dice in each spell's script, so implementing this could be a major PITA.

Endarire

Scholar
Single attack and full attack: It bugged me that in the original game, if I'm capable of making a full attack (2+ attacks), the game automatically assumes that clicking on a foe in combat makes me want to use all my attacks on that foe, even if I have 4 attacks and killed my foe in 1. I'd like the default for full attacks to be "choose the target of each of your attacks."

In for 1.0.25

deuxhero

Arcane
Spell sneak attacks are only supposed to apply to spells that required an attack roll and do damage, which is only ~10 (Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray and the Inflict x Wounds series.) that are implemented in ToEE. You could get by with just Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Chill Touch and Scorching Ray, as those are the ones people would actually use.

Arcane Trickster is pretty useless without it.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Spell sneak attacks are only supposed to apply to spells that required an attack roll and do damage, which is only ~10 (Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray and the Inflict x Wounds series.) that are implemented in ToEE. You could get by with just Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Chill Touch and Scorching Ray, as those are the ones people would actually use.

I've used the inflict wound spells quite a lot, they are some of the only useful higher level damage spells on some cleric builds.

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Roger that. Are there any other modifiers that could possibly apply for such spells? If not I'll add some special casing for the above with sneak attack.

Edit: also, what about:

Disrupt Undead
Disintegrate
Magic Stone
Melf's Acid Arrow
Produce Flame
Searing Light
Polar Ray
Electric Jolt

Also, for spells with multiple projectiles - I understand only the first one gets the benefit of SA, is that true in general or only when attacking the same target?

Edit2:

Actually right now the Inflict spells don't have an attack roll - I take it this isn't by the rules...

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Single attack and full attack: It bugged me that in the original game, if I'm capable of making a full attack (2+ attacks), the game automatically assumes that clicking on a foe in combat makes me want to use all my attacks on that foe, even if I have 4 attacks and killed my foe in 1. I'd like the default for full attacks to be "choose the target of each of your attacks."
I agree. And it bugs me even worse that the AI does the same ;)

deuxhero

Arcane
Inflict spells should require a roll to my knowledge.

Disrupt Undead doesn't really need it given the only valid targets are immune to Sneak Attack and there's presently no way to bypass that. Magic Stone shouldn't need anything done to it as slings sneak attack just fine. (Melf's) Acid Arrow was already listed. Didn't realize Polar Ray is actually in ToEE (so few high level spells are) and completely forgot about Produce Flame and Searing Light. Is Electric Jolt even in ToEE though?

As for Scorching Ray it seems that, yes, according to Complete Arcane you only get Sneak Attack on the first ray. Seems completely arbitrary (and pointless given arrows already qualify each attack) but that's what the book says.

I've used the inflict wound spells quite a lot, they are some of the only useful higher level damage spells on some cleric builds.

But have you used it on a sneak attacker?

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Inflict spells should require a roll to my knowledge.

Disrupt Undead doesn't really need it given the only valid targets are immune to Sneak Attack and there's presently no way to bypass that. Magic Stone shouldn't need anything done to it as slings sneak attack just fine. (Melf's) Acid Arrow was already listed. Didn't realize Polar Ray is actually in ToEE (so few high level spells are) and completely forgot about Produce Flame and Searing Light. Is Electric Jolt even in ToEE though?

Yeah I just quickly did a search for "perform_touch_attack" in the Co8 files and those are the ones I found. Electric Jolt is apparently a stub (has a spell script but no working rules entry), perhaps I could work it in. Magic Stone is implemented as a direct damage spell with a range touch attack attempt so it'll need the special treatment as well.

Endarire

Scholar
Greetings, again!

I got 2 agrees the last time I posted about single and full attacks in this thread. Just curious of Sitra's opinion on the situation.

Text:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Greetings, again!

I got 2 agrees the last time I posted about single and full attacks in this thread. Just curious of Sitra's opinion on the situation.

Text:

Look 3 posts above...

I implemented a solution whch I think I solves it (it halts the attacks if your target goes unconscious and lets you manualy select the next ones), but still have to test for edge cases. Also I want the AI to benefit from this as well, and along the way to tackle a bug related to the display of remaining attacks.

SwingBlade

Educated
And a feature request if possible: Incorporating Enter-confirmation to multi-target spells so I don't risk losing all the targets in moving the mouse down to confirm it.

SwingBlade

Educated
Also requesting Enter support for the Item Split interface (which would sooooo expedite transferring stacks between players).

EDIT: My mouse layout, and why I <3 Enter/Esc function:

jKKRoLZ.png

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Also requesting Enter support for the Item Split interface (which would sooooo expedite transferring stacks between players).

EDIT: My mouse layout, and why I <3 Enter/Esc function:

jKKRoLZ.png
deuxhero already beat you to the punch, and it's in for 1.0.25 ;)

Also please use the Feature Requests thread for feature requests.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
And a feature request if possible: Incorporating Enter-confirmation to multi-target spells so I don't risk losing all the targets in moving the mouse down to confirm it.
IIRC you can already do so by pressing space.

Although I guess you want Enter for your fancy mouse :p

Mathalor

Educated
Could you guys implement the halfling +1 racial bonus to slings? Done for 1.0.25

Could you implement skill synergy bonuses for (5 ranks of) bluff to (a +2 bonus for) diplomacy, bluff to intimidate, bluff to sleight of hand, search to survival tracking, sense motive to diplomacy, and spellcraft to use magic device for scrolls? I think those are the only ones applicable to ToEE, and I found them here: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Table_of_Skill_Synergies
Already in the base game

There are several features available in the TFE-X front end that aren't available in the Temple+ configuration tool, such as delayed blast fireball timing, Max hp for npcs from both levels and from hd, and preset resolutions. Could these be implemented into the Temple+ configuration tool?

Also, I've noticed two oddities after installing temple+

1. Creating a new game seems to disable using the arrows to move the screen around (windowed mode win 7 64 bit). Quitting and loading the game seems to fix this.
Fixed for 1.0.25

2. A failed concentration check didn't cost me a spell. I had a level 2 party and sent them to Dekklo grove for the first time. My druid failed her concentration check when attempting to cast entangle while webbed. Next round, she still had the spell available.
Fixed for 1.0.25

Thank you much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom