Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Feature Suggestions & Requests - Handled

Mathalor

Educated
Sorry. synergy bonuses are already in, and I can't edit my post anymore.

Using a scroll should provoke attacks of opportunity.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Sorry. synergy bonuses are already in, and I can't edit my post anymore.

Using a scroll should provoke attacks of opportunity.
Mathalor, please review the changelog and ToEE itself before making requests, because both the synergy bonuses and Scroll AoOs are in.

Mathalor

Educated
I apologize for that.

My last two points, now that I think about it, are more bugs than features. I'll repost them in the support thread.

But, I really like my halfling rogue, and want her to have a sling bonus.
Done for 1.0.25

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Inflict spells should require a roll to my knowledge.

Disrupt Undead doesn't really need it given the only valid targets are immune to Sneak Attack and there's presently no way to bypass that. Magic Stone shouldn't need anything done to it as slings sneak attack just fine. (Melf's) Acid Arrow was already listed. Didn't realize Polar Ray is actually in ToEE (so few high level spells are) and completely forgot about Produce Flame and Searing Light. Is Electric Jolt even in ToEE though?

As for Scorching Ray it seems that, yes, according to Complete Arcane you only get Sneak Attack on the first ray. Seems completely arbitrary (and pointless given arrows already qualify each attack) but that's what the book says.

Spell sneak attacks are only supposed to apply to spells that required an attack roll and do damage, which is only ~10 (Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray and the Inflict x Wounds series.) that are implemented in ToEE. You could get by with just Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Chill Touch and Scorching Ray, as those are the ones people would actually use.

Arcane Trickster is pretty useless without it.
I've used the inflict wound spells quite a lot, they are some of the only useful higher level damage spells on some cleric builds.

But have you used it on a sneak attacker?

New version is out with support for Sneak Attack spells.
Affected spells include: Scorching Ray, Chill Touch, Vampiric Touch, Produce Flame, Ray of Frost, Acid Splash, Melf's Acid Arrow, Inflict X Wounds, Disintegrate, Polar Ray, Meteor Swarm, Magic Stone, Searing Light, Flame Tongue

Come to think of it I didn't apply this to Inflict X Wounds, Mass - should it apply? (though there currently aren't any worhtwhile "rogue priest" builds, I imagine someone will either make one or dredge up something from the splatbooks ;))

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Inflict spells should require a roll to my knowledge.

Disrupt Undead doesn't really need it given the only valid targets are immune to Sneak Attack and there's presently no way to bypass that. Magic Stone shouldn't need anything done to it as slings sneak attack just fine. (Melf's) Acid Arrow was already listed. Didn't realize Polar Ray is actually in ToEE (so few high level spells are) and completely forgot about Produce Flame and Searing Light. Is Electric Jolt even in ToEE though?

As for Scorching Ray it seems that, yes, according to Complete Arcane you only get Sneak Attack on the first ray. Seems completely arbitrary (and pointless given arrows already qualify each attack) but that's what the book says.

Spell sneak attacks are only supposed to apply to spells that required an attack roll and do damage, which is only ~10 (Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray and the Inflict x Wounds series.) that are implemented in ToEE. You could get by with just Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Chill Touch and Scorching Ray, as those are the ones people would actually use.

Arcane Trickster is pretty useless without it.
I've used the inflict wound spells quite a lot, they are some of the only useful higher level damage spells on some cleric builds.

But have you used it on a sneak attacker?

New version is out with support for Sneak Attack spells.
Affected spells include: Scorching Ray, Chill Touch, Vampiric Touch, Produce Flame, Ray of Frost, Acid Splash, Melf's Acid Arrow, Inflict X Wounds, Disintegrate, Polar Ray, Meteor Swarm, Magic Stone, Searing Light, Flame Tongue

Come to think of it I didn't apply this to Inflict X Wounds, Mass - should it apply? (though there currently aren't any worhtwhile "rogue priest" builds, I imagine someone will either make one or dredge up something from the splatbooks ;))
I think inflict x wounds mass is a fine offensive spell for clerics. Quite handy for crowd control.

deuxhero

Arcane
Mass Inflict aren't touch attacks (and aren't supposed to be) they're close range with multiple targets (they always hits). They shouldn't get sneak attack.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Can you even change alignment in ToEE?
ToEE doesn't feature alignment change as part of its mechanics (a la PS:T), so that's a first in that regard. You could always do it via console commands though.
Is there a command to change party alignment? (not party member alignment to be explicit)
Not right now, but it's not too difficult to make one if it's required. I suppose it could cause some messups in the campaign scripting though?
I could also remove the individual alignment restrictions as a house rule option if that's what you're after.

SwingBlade

Educated
Request: Show arcane spell failure roll for armor in roll history.

Added for 1.0.30

Sitra Achara

Arcane
1. Modify the Dismiss Spell mechanic so that you can view and choose between the dismissable spells! Possibly by further expanding the radial menu.

Finally done :)

upload_2016-10-18_12-42-35.png

Last edited:

Etharil

Novice
Any chance of adding entries for weapon enhancement effects so that you know what, say, merciful does?

Added 1.0.85

Etharil

Novice
Could wands and other items with charge-like behaviour (scrolls, potions etc) display the amount of total uses available next to the item name in the radial menu?

Added for 1.0.28

Also any chance of integrating that one mini-mod with expanded spell descriptions from Co8 forums? I remember it being pretty good and helpful when you could understand what say "Soften Earth and Stone" does from spell selection tab instead of having to enter help menu. It's pretty vital for sorcerers and bards to know what the spells do beforehand.

Added 1.0.81

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Do staves have charges? The descriptions say they're a "charged staff" but never mention a number of charges anywhere, like wands do.
Yes. They have 50 charges by default. I should add that to the GUI display.

Added for 1.0.28

Last edited:

SwingBlade

Educated
Could the "lax rules" crafting also include wondrous items? It's frustrating to need a druid in order to, say, make monk medallions.

In for v1.0.38

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Looking at the particle effects in the game, it seems like there are quite a few that are not being used. How come stuff like the summon monster and summon natures ally for example, don't play those particle effects when PCs cast those spells? A general rechecking and reapplying particle effects that should happen would be nice, having those cool shiny effects makes the combat that much more enjoyable.
Alrighty, as of 1.0.28 Summon Monster and Summon Nature's Ally will play these particles. It's a stupidly simple addition too, when you know what you're doing :P

If you have any other hidden treasures you found there let me know, otherwise as far as I know all the spells have their particle effects.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Looking at the particle effects in the game, it seems like there are quite a few that are not being used. How come stuff like the summon monster and summon natures ally for example, don't play those particle effects when PCs cast those spells? A general rechecking and reapplying particle effects that should happen would be nice, having those cool shiny effects makes the combat that much more enjoyable.
Alrighty, as of 1.0.28 Summon Monster and Summon Nature's Ally will play these particles. It's a stupidly simple addition too, when you know what you're doing :P

If you have any other hidden treasures you found there let me know, otherwise as far as I know all the spells have their particle effects.
You added the Levelup.wav sound to play on level up now too?

Sitra Achara

Arcane

You added the Levelup.wav sound to play on level up now too?
Nope, completely forgot about it, haha! Will add it now.

Torrasque01

Augur
I could also remove the individual alignment restrictions as a house rule option if that's what you're after.
Please do. And I don't remember if there are NPCs who won't join you if they aren't compatible with your party alignment, but if there are then that bypass should be part of the House Rule as well.

Done for v1.0.30

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'm looking forward to playing this when I recovered from not finishing ToEE again due to the node lags. Thanks !

Is it possible to remove the red enemy circles within the blue spell targeting areas while the emeies are not in line of sight ? Otherwise you could use them as a detection tool to blindly cast fireballs into dark areas.

Took a while but it's here now. No more cheating hehe.

upload_2016-10-23_13-26-16.png

upload_2016-10-23_13-30-39.png

Will also apply to concealed creatures like the Spiders and Undead in the same level.

This is visual only however, if you know where they are from previous playthroughs you can still fireball them :P

I'm also currently digging through the targeting code, hoping that wall-type targeting won't be too difficult to do.

Edit: currently looking good. The targeting code should be quite similar to the Ray targeting code. Some effects may have to be simplified however, e.g. no freely shaped walls for Wall of Stone, no tipping over Wall of Iron, no breaching / HP for the walls, and no extended effect range for Wall of Fire and such.

This will also be a good time to teach the AI to avoid AoE's :P

Last edited:

Allyx

Savant
Awesome, dumb AI decisions make the game too easy. I managed to defeat Tolub in a fist fight with a level 4 paladin by 5' stepping away every turn and denying him his second attack each round once.

Endarire

Scholar
ETHARIL: I made a series of posts starting with this post about 5 months ago regarding things I'd like in TemplePlus. In short, it's turning TemplePlus into a fully-featured 3.5 engine.

Endarire

Scholar
May we have a house rule to allow blue circle highlighting of unseen enemies? That was fun for me my last time through!

Added as part of Lax Rules for 1.0.30

Endarire

Scholar
Also, THANK YOU to Sitra and Etharil for programming fixes and enhancements to ToEE! It's wonderful that someone is finishing this game and engine over 10 years after its seeming abandonment! Alleluia!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom