Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Feature Suggestions & Requests

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
May I ask what you meant when you were talking about a skirmish mode that you wanted to work on later?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
May I ask what you meant when you were talking about a skirmish mode that you wanted to work on later?

What I currently have in mind is that you'll be able to take your party from a savegame to fight in that fancy Arena of Heroes map (I wouldn't be surprised if that was its original intended purpose).
After that I want to expand it to include set-piece scenarios, creating high-level parties on the fly, and letting you do party vs. party fights (e.g. vs parties from a 2nd savegame).

May we also get lax rules split up into individual components? I don't want EXP penalties for favored classes, but I don't want to be able to see enemies with AoEs unless I could notmally see them.
Weren't you the one that requested that? Sheesh!
But yeah I'll be adding a sub-menu for tuning the various Lax Rules since they've started piling up.

Endarire

Scholar
Charge by Default
I'd like a radial menu option to have character charge foes by default. If such a charge is possible, clicking a subject to attack will initiate a charge. With this option off, things should work like they do presently.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Charge by Default
I'd like a radial menu option to have character charge foes by default. If such a charge is possible, clicking a subject to attack will initiate a charge. With this option off, things should work like they do presently.
Why not just bind charge attack to a hotkey ingame and just use that?

Elestan

Educated
Why not just bind charge attack to a hotkey ingame and just use that?
I agree that this would be a useful UI improvement; I'd had the same thought while playing. But given that there's a fairly easy workaround (as Valky described), I would probably not prioritize this unless it was very easy to do.

BTW, Sitra, do you prefer bug reports/requests to be reported here, or in the GitHub issue system?

Endarire

Scholar
Charge by Default
My charge by default suggetion means animal companions and AI creatures would do it by default too.

And I do have charge on Q.

Arcane Spell Failure
I'd like an option to disable ASF when out of combat. It makes buffing easier.

Endarire

Scholar
HP Toggle for Summons/Animal Companions
I'd like an option to change HP for summons and animal companions among normal, max HP per HD, and average HP per HD.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Not sure how much you have planned for the skirmish mode, but I have an idea for it

Have themed arena maps that you can choose from. The arena of heroes being the base map, and for example cobble together parts from the fire node to create a lava map, parts from the water node for an ice map, etc.. Just to have different backdrops to set the mood.

Zelnorack

Novice
Considering I'm here a solid never, I don't feel right asking, but I will anyway.

I think a nice feature would be the ability to actually remove Darley's Necklace. It'd be nice to actually give her an Amulet of Health +6. or even an Amulet of Mighty Fists +5.
If that's an impossibility, why not shove one of those enchantments on her base necklace? Probably more difficult to do that, though.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Considering I'm here a solid never, I don't feel right asking, but I will anyway.

I think a nice feature would be the ability to actually remove Darley's Necklace. It'd be nice to actually give her an Amulet of Health +6. or even an Amulet of Mighty Fists +5.
If that's an impossibility, why not shove one of those enchantments on her base necklace? Probably more difficult to do that, though.
Fun fact: the purpose of that necklace is solely to give her the wing mesh.
I guess she could make do with a belt or something though ;)

Dercik

Novice

Fun fact: the purpose of that necklace is solely to give her the wing mesh.
I guess she could make do with a belt or something though ;)

I think "robe" slot would be most proper for adding wings, since it would suck in appearance to have wings glitch through robe (I guess)

Endarire

Scholar
+1 ro Robes of Winging. +1 more if it also acts as a Robe of the Evil Archmage.

Endarire

Scholar
When I'm targeting an AoE, I want to know if it overlaps with other AoEs. For example, if I'm targeting fireball, I want to know if I'll also hit a web.

Perhaps show the other persistent AoE areas in the targeting reticle in yellow or orange or so.

Endarire

Scholar
For creatures my party summoned, I want to see how many rounds remain when mousing over such a summon. For example, if we summon a wolf, it should say "Summoned (1/3 Rounds Left)."

Zelnorack

Novice
While on the topic of Darley, is it at all possible to give her any other starting spells? I get that her mother was a succubus, and with her spell selection and feat selection, she takes after her mother more than her father, but as a sorceress she's rather lacking in the offense department for this game.

I'm pretty sure every single caster, that can, will get fireball. It wouldn't help Darley in the fire node, but it would make her more useful than just throwing Magic Missiles, which is still good, just not good as the only offensive spell option she has.

Black

Arcane
Official petition to implement an "import/export character" feature similar to those in IE games and NWNs.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Official petition to implement an "import/export character" feature similar to those in IE games and NWNs.
Haven't played either of those at length so I'm not familiar with that - I take it you mean starting an adventure with high level characters? What would be the point of that in ToEE?

Black

Arcane
It allowed you to save a character with their level and equipment and use them for new game. Could be intredasting for smaller parties.

Endarire

Scholar
I'd also like to be able to see the radius of each area effect in place as a toggleable overlay. This way, I can tell if the edge of the web (etc.) graphic is actually the edge of the AoE.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
While on the topic of Darley, is it at all possible to give her any other starting spells? I get that her mother was a succubus, and with her spell selection and feat selection, she takes after her mother more than her father, but as a sorceress she's rather lacking in the offense department for this game.

I'm pretty sure every single caster, that can, will get fireball. It wouldn't help Darley in the fire node, but it would make her more useful than just throwing Magic Missiles, which is still good, just not good as the only offensive spell option she has.
It's possible and also quite easy to do with WorldBuilder, and with Temple+ you could create a simple addon .DAT file to change Darley's stats.

upload_2016-11-27_21-10-51.png

Endarire

Scholar
I was intending to modify all the best recruitable NPCs' stats (especially feat and spell selection). This list includes but is not limited to:

-Burne
-Darley
-Sargen
-Scorpp
-Screng
-Spugnoir
-Zaxis

Darley's Spell List
These spells were chosen primarily because they were useful in-game, and, secondarily, because there is a sexual application to them. I assume access to Co8 New Content v8.1 and the latest Temple+ (.29), but no other mods.

LEVEL 0
-Acid Splash
-Open/Close
-Read Magic
-Resistance
(whatever)

LEVEL 1
-Enlarge Person
-Grease
-Mage Armor
-Magic Missile
-Shield

LEVEL 2
-Glitterdust
-Knock
-Mirror Image
-Web

LEVEL 3
-Fireball
-Haste
-Magic Circle vs Evil

LEVEL 4
-Charm Monster (if it works properly when cast by NPCs) OR Solid Fog
-Greater Invisibility

LEVEL 5
-Cone of Cold

Darley's Feats
1: Improved Initiative
3: Scribe Scroll
6: Heighten Spell
9: Empower Spell

Screng's Feats
These feats were chosen because she starts as a rockin' L9 Cleric but couldn't craft anything initially. This changes, since she has a vendor!

1: Improved Initiative, Scribe Scroll
3: Craft Wondrous
6: Craft Magic Arms & Armor
9: Craft Wand

Burne's Spell List
I assume Burne was a Wizard9 then got level drained by an Undead creature to be Wizard8. He also has a vendor and should really know all the Wizard spells of level 1-5 in the game considering how many he has stocked! (This also allows players to experiment with more obscure spells like halt undead and helps Burne operate as a crafter.)

Burne's Feats
He's a crafter and has a vendor. He should be more self-sufficient, d00d!

1: Improved Initiative, [Scribe Scroll], Spell Focus: Conjuration
3: Craft Wondrous
5: [Craft Magic Arms & Armor]
6: Craft Wand

Last edited:

Jimes Tooper

Literate
I'm very impressed with this mod so far but there's a small thing I've always wanted in this game that I'd like to suggest.

There are 8 "hidden" deities for Clerics to choose: Old Faith, Zuggtmoy, Iuz, Lolth, Procan, Norebo, Pyremeus (Pyremius?) and Ralishaz. Here is a link for easy overview of them all as well as domains granted: http://www.co8.org/community/index....st-of-console-commands.2277/page-2#post-23334.
Like the link implies, you CAN change your PC's deity with the console but this feels like cheating to me. Some NPCs have these as their deity, for example Elmo I think has Old Faith while Lareth has Lolth. Two bad guys I forgot the name of have Zuggtmoy.

I wish these could be added to character creation! I'm not sure how hard it would be but it's something I personally would appreciate, for what it's worth. I love clerics. Thanks for making this mod and keep going strong!

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'm very impressed with this mod so far but there's a small thing I've always wanted in this game that I'd like to suggest.

There are 8 "hidden" deities for Clerics to choose: Old Faith, Zuggtmoy, Iuz, Lolth, Procan, Norebo, Pyremeus (Pyremius?) and Ralishaz. Here is a link for easy overview of them all as well as domains granted: http://www.co8.org/community/index....st-of-console-commands.2277/page-2#post-23334.
Like the link implies, you CAN change your PC's deity with the console but this feels like cheating to me. Some NPCs have these as their deity, for example Elmo I think has Old Faith while Lareth has Lolth. Two bad guys I forgot the name of have Zuggtmoy.

I wish these could be added to character creation! I'm not sure how hard it would be but it's something I personally would appreciate, for what it's worth. I love clerics. Thanks for making this mod and keep going strong!
Welcome!
As you can see there's a long queue, so it may take a while. But it's ine if thise things I'm pretty sure I'll get around to at some point :)

Jimes Tooper

Literate
As you can see there's a long queue, so it may take a while. But it's ine if thise things I'm pretty sure I'll get around to at some point :)

It might not be something anyone else wants, so I understand if it's gonna be a while or not at all. I feel like I'm asking santa for presents and, in a way, there are some similarities. Anyway, good luck with the mod!

Endarire

Scholar
A Necklace of Adaptation should also prevent its wearer from being affected by a Hezrou's (and Hezrou Guardian's) Stench ability.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom