Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Feature Suggestions & Requests

Bohandas

Educated
Ok a couple things I'm not sure how viable or non-viable any of this is:

*Townmap Improvements: It would be nice if double clicking or shift-clicking on the townmap zoomed the main screen to the area you clicked and it would also be nice if the various people's houses in Hommlet and Nulb were prelabeled and/or if you could save your map labels from one savegame and import them in another

*Zooming out: If there's any way to do this it would be great if we could get the ability to zoom out. The default zoom doesn't even let you see the full area of a lot of spells (Bless, Sunburst, etc.)

*It would be nice if the Dungeon Master mode could spawn a wider variety of creatures. A lot of creatures and NPCs don't currently seem to be able to be spawned (such as the sargeants and lieutenant at the end of the moathouse). It would also be helpful if we could search the list of monsters by name as well.

*It would be cool if we had more voice options for characters or some easy interface to add them ourselves

*If anything can be done to fix the sewer quest from Co8 it would be appreciated. Half of the time I can't find the sewer NPCs even with fog of war turned completely off; If they could be moved closer to the stairs

*If the PCs' inventories could somehow be tweaked to have some more slots that would be awesome. It would improve the game significantly! (EDIT: To be clear that's more slots for miscellaneous items carried; not more slots to equip things; The right side of the screen, not the left)

*If there were some way that the game could be rigged to allow more than eight characters in a party that would be much appreciated

Last edited:

mikeprichard

Novice
Sitra - cheers for your incredible work on TOEE! A few quality-of-life suggestions - most of which were in the Infinity Engine games - for a future Temple+ update (apologies if they've been requested before and found to be impossible to implement):

1) The TAB key should highlight all on-screen NPCs and interactable objects (including barrels, chests, etc.).
2) An enemy corpse should no longer be interactable after all items have been removed from the corpse.
*NOTE: To allow for the Belsornig and similar quests to proceed, a corpse after looting should no longer appear as an interactable object when using TAB (see item 1), but could still be used as a "container".
3) The local map should always center on your party's location by default when opened, rather than on whatever area the map was previously pointing to when it was last closed.
4) The SPACE key should pause the game. Better yet, keybinds for all controls should be fully customizable.
5) Spell/feat/skill etc. selection/memorization screens should allow for a double-click (rather than only clunky drag-and-drop) to automatically add the spell/feat/skill etc. to the first available slot on the right side of the screen.
6) Dropping/using items should be accomplished by first clicking the drop/use button, then the item, rather than vice-versa via drag-and-drop, for convenience and consistency with other UI functions.
7) Sending only one or some party members, rather than only all members, to another map zone should be allowed (e.g. for stealth purposes).
8) Control should be given to the player regarding which party member an NPC automatically initiates dialogue with upon a map zone transition.
9) Further party member pathfinding AI enhancements; at least one party member is still very frequently left behind when a party move command is issued.

Looking forward to more updates!

Last edited:

Bohandas

Educated
It would be great if we could leave NPC party members and charmed and dominated characters at the Welcome Wench like we can with PCs now. There doesn't seem to be any way to get many NPCs back if you ask them to leave the party. On a related note, it would be great if (possibly as an option in the Lax Rules menu) the NPCs that disappear when they leave were tweaked to instead reappear in their their original location or in one of the towns.

Endarire

Scholar
Intro
Greetings, Sitra!

These are things I'd like to experience in a future release of T+, preferably in the next one! These things seem - at least to me at present - conceptually easy to implement.

Existing Content
-ShiningTed's Domain Spells Mod. This would require also fixing the summon greater elemental spells he added to give them the proper duration and including the fixes for the vigor spells included in the post I linked.

-ShiningTed's Bucket o' Spells Mod 1.1. This may also require using fixes from other posts in that thread.

-Allow Prayer Beads of Karma to be craftable. (This item is already in the game as a quest reward for returning Prince Thrommel's sword.)

Items
-Add Orange Ioun Stones to the game and allow them to be craftable. (Their +1 caster level to all spells doesn't stack with other Orange Ioun Stones.) Other Ioun Stones already exist in the Co8 game at least.

General Feats
-Able Learner: Effectively with this feat, once skill becomes a class skill for a character, that skill is always a class skill for that character. It helps multiclassing characters, especially those who dip Rogue1 at level 1.

-Cloak Dance: Implement it as 2 versions, the move action for concealment and the other version of full-round for total concealment.

-Weapon Proficiency, Weapon Focus, etc.: Alphabetize these feat lists, possibly by listing them as Simple (Weapon Name), Martial (Weapon Name), and Exotic (Weapon Name). Thus, these weapons would be alphabetized within their proficiency type. (As an aside, make Favored Soul's Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, etc. act as prereqs for other feats! Already implemented!)

New Classes
(These classes are largely built using existing assets. They would need some new features and spells to be fully rules-compliant within the limits of the T+ engine.)

-Beguiler: Sorta like a single-classed Wizard/Rogue/Arcane Trickster focused on trapping, illusions, and enchantments.
Added 1.0.75

-Dread Necromancer: A CHA-based arcane Necromancer class that rebukes.

-Warmage: Purpose-built blaster caster with the occasional utility spell.
Added 1.0.70

Bard Stuff
-Masterwork Natural Horn (Song and Silence 46): Having this item equipped then activating Inspire Courage causes Inspire Courage to grant +1 on accuracy/damage, but -2 on saves vs. charm.

-Melodic Casting: Allows Bards to cast and activate items while Bardic Music is active.
Added 1.0.79

-Song of the Heart: Gives +1 on most (all?) Bardic Music effects, including Inspire Courage and Inspire Competence.

Cleric/FvS Stuff
-True Resurrection: Finally, another level 9 Cleric spell that I thought was already in the game! Revive a dead subject with no level/EXP loss and with full HP/resources!

Melee Stuff
-Powerful Charge and Greater Powerful Charge: Bonus damage when charging! This seems like an apt feat to give enemies!

-Sidestep Charge: +4 AC vs charge attacks and the ability to AoO someone who charges you if you have an AoO remaining.

-Stand Still: Tanky feat, especially with Large+ size and reach!

Monk Stuff
-Extra Stunning: +3 daily uses of Stunning Fist.
Added 1.0.65

-Serpent Strike: Flurry with longspears! Finally, a reach weapon for Monks!

-Versatile Unarmed Strike: Unarmed Strikes could count as piercing, blunt, and slashing damage simultaneously. It's a slight boost to the game's weakest class.
Added 1.0.65

-Whirling Steel Strike: Flurry with longswords! Less impressive than longspears, but now Elf Monks have greater reason to exist!

Ranged Stuff
-Greater Manyshot: Makes Manyshot what it should have been.

-Woodland Archer: "Sure I missed you this time, but I'm more accurate against you this time! Mwahaha!" (Add (Greater) Manyshot, Rapid Shot, or/and haste to help further.)

Sor/Wiz Stuff
-Energy Drain: Ray of 2d4 negative levels. It's the L9 'big brother' of enervation.

-Enervation: This ray does d4 negative levels to whatever it hits. Undead are given temp HP instead of taking penalties. A staple for arcane necromancers.

-Evard's black tentacles: A favorite spell I've yet to cast as a Wizard in a D&D video game!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deathmiester

Novice
Intro
Greetings, Sitra!

These are things I'd like to experience in a future release of T+, preferably in the next one! These things seem - at least to me at present - conceptually easy to implement.

Existing Content
-ShiningTed's Domain Spells Mod. This would require also fixing the summon greater elemental spells he added to give them the proper duration and including the fixes for the vigor spells included in the post I linked.

-ShiningTed's Bucket o' Spells Mod 1.1. This may also require using fixes from other posts in that thread.

-Allow Prayer Beads of Karma to be craftable. (This item is already in the game as a quest reward for returning Prince Thrommel's sword.)

Items
-Add Orange Ioun Stones to the game and allow them to be craftable. (Their +1 caster level to all spells doesn't stack with other Orange Ioun Stones.) Other Ioun Stones already exist in the Co8 game at least.

General Feats
-Able Learner: Effectively with this feat, once skill becomes a class skill for a character, that skill is always a class skill for that character. It helps multiclassing characters, especially those who dip Rogue1 at level 1.

-Cloak Dance: Implement it as 2 versions, the move action for concealment and the other version of full-round for total concealment.

-Weapon Proficiency, Weapon Focus, etc.: Alphabetize these feat lists, possibly by listing them as Simple (Weapon Name), Martial (Weapon Name), and Exotic (Weapon Name). Thus, these weapons would be alphabetized within their proficiency type. (As an aside, make Favored Soul's Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, etc. act as prereqs for other feats!)

New Classes
(These classes are largely built using existing assets. They would need some new features and spells to be fully rules-compliant within the limits of the T+ engine.)

-Beguiler: Sorta like a single-classed Wizard/Rogue/Arcane Trickster focused on trapping, illusions, and enchantments.

-Dread Necromancer: A CHA-based arcane Necromancer class that rebukes.

-Warmage: Purpose-built blaster caster with the occasional utility spell.

Bard Stuff
-Masterwork Natural Horn (Song and Silence 46): Having this item equipped then activating Inspire Courage causes Inspire Courage to grant +1 on accuracy/damage, but -2 on saves vs. charm.

-Melodic Casting: Allows Bards to cast and activate items while Bardic Music is active.

-Song of the Heart: Gives +1 on most (all?) Bardic Music effects, including Inspire Courage and Inspire Competence.

Cleric/FvS Stuff
-True Resurrection: Finally, another level 9 Cleric spell that I thought was already in the game! Revive a dead subject with no level/EXP loss and with full HP/resources!

Melee Stuff
-Powerful Charge and Greater Powerful Charge: Bonus damage when charging! This seems like an apt feat to give enemies!

-Sidestep Charge: +4 AC vs charge attacks and the ability to AoO someone who charges you if you have an AoO remaining.

-Stand Still: Tanky feat, especially with Large+ size and reach!

Monk Stuff
-Extra Stunning: +3 daily uses of Stunning Fist.

-Serpent Strike: Flurry with longspears! Finally, a reach weapon for Monks!

-Versatile Unarmed Strike: Unarmed Strikes could count as piercing, blunt, and slashing damage simultaneously. It's a slight boost to the game's weakest class.

-Whirling Steel Strike: Flurry with longswords! Less impressive than longspears, but now Elf Monks have greater reason to exist!

Ranged Stuff[/url]
-Greater Manyshot: Makes Manyshot what it should have been.

-Woodland Archer: "Sure I missed you this time, but I'm more accurate against you this time! Mwahaha!" (Add (Greater) Manyshot, Rapid Shot, or/and haste to help further.)

Sor/Wiz Stuff[/url]
-Energy Drain: Ray of 2d4 negative levels. It's the L9 'big brother' of enervation[/url].

-Enervation: This ray does d4 negative levels to whatever it hits. Undead are given temp HP instead of taking penalties. A staple for arcane necromancers.

-Evard's black tentacles: A favorite spell I've yet to cast as a Wizard in a D&D video game!

That Sounds Great I too hope for these additions I also hope for undead familiars

Endarire

Scholar
Further requests!
Yes, I thought of some since yesterday.

Already-Made Material
Enervation, energy drain, wail of the banshee, and maybe more: dolio on Co8 made these. Negative level spells require tweaking to ensure they account for racial HD and class HD.
dolio himself took care of that for 1.0.85

Greater Mage Armor: Works last I checked, but also needs corresponding items (scirbable Wizard scroll, potion, wand).

Multiclass Caster Spells
Energy Immunity: For when 30 resistance isn't enough.
Mass Protection from Energy: It's protection from energy vs. all elements simultaneously for 1 subject per caster level!
Mass Resist Energy: So very convenient! Added 1.0.85
Protection from Elements: It's protection from energy vs. all elements simultaneously!

Cleric Stuff
Mass Shield of Faith

Last edited by a moderator:

Endarire

Scholar
Reducing Level Adjustment
If this isn't already implemented, I propose these methods for handling reducing level adjustment/LA buyoff.

Method 1: When a creature with at least 1 LA (Duergar, Drow, etc.) reaches the threshhold for LA reduction +1 level, let them level but immediately reduce their level by 1 and LA by 1 to account for reduced LA. For example, if a Duergar reaches level 4, he finishes his leveling as normal but immediately loses 1 level (and difference in EXP) but also loses 1 LA. Alternatively, include a prompt and Yes/No box at leveling time saying, "Do you want to reduce your level adjustment by 1? If so, you will lose your most recent level's worth of EXP, but your level adjustment will decrease allowing you to level faster."

Method 2: When a creature with at least 1 LA (Duergar, Drow, etc.) reaches the threshhold for LA reduction +2 levels, their LA lowers by 1 and life proceeds as normal. They don't lose another level since they effectively paid for that by leveling more slowly.

Playable Races to Include
NOTE: All these races exist in the game, at least in the Co8 new content version. I chose these races since they likely have the standard ability to equip weapons and likely also armor.

-Dwarven subrace of Earth Dwarf
-Elven subraces of Fire Elf, Gray Elf/Wild Elf/Wood Elf subraces. (Normal/Wild/Wood Elves could use the same models.)
-Goblin + Air Goblin, Bugbear, and Hobgoblin subraces. (Hobgoblin seems very weak for 1 LA compared to Duergar for invisibility and enlarge person.)
-Human subrace of Tiefling.
-Kobold with Sleight Build. Add Earth Kobold as a subrace.
-Minotaur.
-Ogre + Merrow subrace.
-Orc and Water Orc as subraces of Half-Orc.

Spells
-Elemental Swarm: Summons a buncha Elementals. Make its casting time a full round and the Elementals all appear simultaneously (or targeted one-by-one) and you're set! Remember, these Elementals get max HP per HD!

-Foresight: +2 insight AC & Reflex saves and the subject can't be surprised/flat-footed for the duration. Seems simple to implement.

-Implosion: Concentration based save-or-die. Perhaps choose up to 4 targets initially (or 8 with Sudden Extend Spell/Greater Rod of Extend Spell) instead of one per round.

-Maze: This could work like in Baldur's Gate II where the subject is invincible but can't act. Perhaps make the subject Dazed and Invincible for the duration. The usual counters would prevent this spell: Antimagic field, dimensional anchor, dimensional lock, minotaurhood, and simply being out of range or untargetable (total concealment, invisibility, etc.)

-Mind Blank: 24 hour immunity to [Mind-Affecting] effects, somewhat like a long-term version of protection from evil.

-Moment of Prescience: Works similarly to guidance, but is an insight bonus (+1 per caster level but capped at +25) and applies to effectively any d20 roll (including boosting your AC against 1 attack), and lasts for 1 hour per CL or until used. It's a high-level Divination spell.

-Power Word Pain: Damage over time depending on the subject's current HP.

-Prismatic Wall: Sorta like a combined prismatic spray for effect and wall of fire for shape, each of which is in Co8 or/and Temple+ now.

-Shambler: If Shambling Mounds are in the game (and I think they are), this seems like a very easy summoning spell to include. Just ensure the summonlings last for 7 days.

-Word of Recall: Give it a toggle to either 'Mark Location for Future Recall' or 'Recall to Location.' Selecting either casts the spell.

Items
-Metamagic Rods! With the inclusion of Sudden Metamagic Feats (Sudden Maximize, etc.), making these rods (and making them craftable) seems like a simple, logical next step.

DM Mode
-Add a 'Instantly Rest Party' option so we can recover our spells, get some HP, and be ready to go![/I]

Last edited:

Seferex

Literate
I was wondering.

How difficult would be to implement the Duskblade? (can be found in the Players Handbook II)

I plan to start (again lol) the game and i would love to have the duskblade playable

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I was wondering.

How difficult would be to implement the Duskblade? (can be found in the Players Handbook II)

I plan to start (again lol) the game and i would love to have the duskblade playable
I don't plan on adding any further classes, sorry.

Endarire

Scholar
How practical to implement are metamagic rods since Sudden Metamagic feats already exist in T+?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
What are the chances of modding in Storm of Zehir-like conversations where all party members can participate in a single dialogue? Would the engine allow something like that?

Endarire

Scholar
I strongly suspect I requested this before or elsewhere, but I'd like this as a house rule or toggle:

-Ignore arcane spell failure out of combat.

Bohandas

Educated
Is there any way we could get character creation tweaked so that we can do the steps out of order? Or at least be able to do the name, portraits, voice, etc. at any point in the process?

Bohandas

Educated
Can we tweak the merchants so that they all pay full price for everything, or at least so that brother smith pays full price for everything, so that we don't have to waste half an hourgoing to all the different merchants every time we sell loot

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am not sure this is the place to ask, but I suggest a very helpful feature that when spells run out, instead of the not so useful message "a spell has expired" it would actually tell you which spell expired. ( for example "the spell Bull strength has expired" )

Bohandas

Educated
Just noticed a slight error in the way trolls are handled. Per Dragon Magazine #318 page 103, a troll holding a manufactured weapon should still be able to use most of its natural weapons (minus one claw attack for the hand holding the weapon)

zugschef

Novice
First off, thank you for the great work!

Could you please fix the way the game lets you throw flasks?

Per the rules, it should be possible to equip a character with flasks and make ranged touch attacks with sneak attack damage (of the same type) if appropriate. With the quick draw feat you should also be able to throw more than two flasks per round.
Once again, I'd like to request this missing feature, it makes rogues awesome.
(Btw, the spell blink should cause thrown weapons (since they left your possession) to always be on the material plane and as such to not have a miss chance, also every attack while under the effects of blink spell should be sneak attacks if within 30 ft.)
Rules are under Special Attacks: Throw Splash Weapon

Endarire

Scholar
Sitra Achara
Pathfinder has item slots for animals which serves as a guide. Animals can use a significant amount of items depending on form.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker (the base game or with mods) lets animals use capes/cloaks, headbands/helms, belts, amulets, rings, and slotless items.

Ioun Stones: What about adding a specific category of items in code for slotless items that are active while in inventory? Ioun Stones provide continual passive benefits unlike potions, etc. which require activation.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Sitra Achara
Pathfinder has item slots for animals which serves as a guide. Animals can use a significant amount of items depending on form.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker (the base game or with mods) lets animals use capes/cloaks, headbands/helms, belts, amulets, rings, and slotless items.

Ioun Stones: What about adding a specific category of items in code for slotless items that are active while in inventory? Ioun Stones provide continual passive benefits unlike potions, etc. which require activation.
Apparently Kangmaker retains all equipped item bonuses except armor and weapon. Even shields work, heh. Oh well, it being an optional, why not let the players have their fun.

While we're at it, why shouldn't potions be drinkable? Going by the same logic, you could unequip them and strap them to your collar or something.

Endarire

Scholar
Sitra Achara
I understand the logic in letting shapeshifted forms use potions, wands, and scrolls if they have the appropriate body parts to manipulate them.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Hi! Doing some WS work now...

Initially I thought heck no to the above, but I suppose it could be a nice House Rules option.

What type of items should be retained this way? Please try to keep it as simple as possible.
Edit: I guess like it says in the link, Necklaces and Cloaks.

I'd say Ioun Stones too, but right now they have no properties to distinguish them from other items. Maybe later...

I wanted to say helmets as well but i don't think it's worth it, most helmets being useless.
Bracers, maybe ?

Is the Archmage class a work in progress ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom