Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Feature Suggestions & Requests

JaxtheMook

Barely Literate
Hey y’all. I’m a new Temple+ player.I wanted to tell you what an awesome job you have done on this mod. ToEE is ten times better with Temple+ and the Co8 stuff installed. Thanks for the great mod!

I did want to request a feature: a way to disable the class restrictions on the various deities, maybe in the Lax Rules section. I’d like to start my Mystic Theurge build with a splash of Monk, but monks aren’t allowed to worship Boccob. :( Help a player out? Thanks!

mikeprichard

Novice
I also appreciate the huge amount of work that's gone into this project, and would love to see the below additions I proposed earlier in this thread in 2018 at some point - they would encourage me to get back into TOEE after many years. Cheers!

Sitra - cheers for your incredible work on TOEE! A few quality-of-life suggestions - most of which were in the Infinity Engine games - for a future Temple+ update (apologies if they've been requested before and found to be impossible to implement):

1) The TAB key should highlight all on-screen NPCs and interactable objects (including barrels, chests, etc.).
2) An enemy corpse should no longer be interactable after all items have been removed from the corpse.
*NOTE: To allow for the Belsornig and similar quests to proceed, a corpse after looting should no longer appear as an interactable object when using TAB (see item 1), but could still be used as a "container".
3) The local map should always center on your party's location by default when opened, rather than on whatever area the map was previously pointing to when it was last closed.
4) The SPACE key should pause the game. Better yet, keybinds for all controls should be fully customizable.
5) Spell/feat/skill etc. selection/memorization screens should allow for a double-click (rather than only clunky drag-and-drop) to automatically add the spell/feat/skill etc. to the first available slot on the right side of the screen.
6) Dropping/using items should be accomplished by first clicking the drop/use button, then the item, rather than vice-versa via drag-and-drop, for convenience and consistency with other UI functions.
7) Sending only one or some party members, rather than only all members, to another map zone should be allowed (e.g. for stealth purposes).
8) Control should be given to the player regarding which party member an NPC automatically initiates dialogue with upon a map zone transition.
9) Further party member pathfinding AI enhancements; at least one party member is still very frequently left behind when a party move command is issued.

Looking forward to more updates!

Thomas Evans

Novice
I did want to request a feature: a way to disable the class restrictions on the various deities, maybe in the Lax Rules section. I’d like to start my Mystic Theurge build with a splash of Monk, but monks aren’t allowed to worship Boccob. :( Help a player out? Thanks!

I understand. I wanted my NG Female Fighter 1 to worship Pelor, couldn't. I felt this was BS, and I was advised to use the following:

Console: [LEFT SHIFT}-~
game.party[X].stat_base_set(stat_deity,Y)
Y={0=NONE 1=BOCCOB 2=ElfGod 3=Ehlonna 5=Fharlanghn 6=GnomeGod 8=Heironeous
10=Kord 11=Moradin 13=Obad-Hai 15=Pelor 16=Cuthbert 19=Yondalla}

Where X is the in-party index of your particular PC.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Temple+ would be absolute incline with the Reaping Mauler prestige class from Complete Warrior. As the only game that has grappling mechanics outside of mods a grappling focused prestige would fit perfectly.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What are the chances of modding in Storm of Zehir-like conversations where all party members can participate in a single dialogue? Would the engine allow something like that?
Next version will have House Rule option for party skill checks in dialogue. Stuff like race/alignment/god will still be checked based on the current speaker however (not that there's too much of it in ToEE).

dechlog

Novice
Community feature suggestion/request: This forum is objectively superior to co8.org. Why not force them to come here rather than migrating Temple+ chat there, as has been done? Gambling being illegal in Brazil is one potential pressure point.

Mathalor

Educated
There's a high level world map co8 random encounter involving siren cultists and possibly a knight (or other monsters). I can't find them in the DM monster spawner. It would be nice, as the knights represent quite a lot of money for selling their magical equipment.

Last edited:

Zelnorack

Novice
It'd be cool to see the Yuan-ti pureblood pop in as well, as absurd as they may be. I assume that you all already know about them, but just in case...

S: Medium
Speed: Land 30
Stat Bonus: +2 Int, Wis, Cha
Level Adjustment: +2
Space: 5 feet
Reach: 5 feet
Spell Resistance: 14 + Class Levels

I have no idea how this below could be or would be implemented:

Racial Hit Die: 4d8 (Monstrous Humanoid)
Racial Base Attack: +4
Racial Base Save: Fort +1, Reflex +4, Will +4
Natural Armor: +1
2 feats at creation. Alertness and Blind-fight as bonus feats

Temple+ and Co8 have greatly increased my enjoyment of the game with all the additional choices. I look forward to the future of this game with people still giving it so much love.

J S

Novice
Requests:
1) Have the different Practiced Spellcaster feats be player selectable on which casting style they affect.

2) Have Thieves tools be an inventory item that affects the skill(s) like the Merchant's Scale.

3) For thrown weapons, can we get a throw option attached to the radial where it'll check for the presence of quick draw and let me manage all my throwing options from that radial? Might even be how a weapon of returning can work, with that property it never leaves the inventory but can't be used again for the remainder of the turn.

4) Kind of a secondary option for the touch attack casters as well (they seem to use their weapon reach, not touch), but monks need a bit more work.
Flurry of Blows needs a secondary 'set' radial option so that you can choose the kinds of attacks you're using (by extension you should be able to equip shuriken in the quiver slot, given that it should also be possible to two weapon throw them), so that you can choose how you're using flurry of blows and two weapon fighting. Otherwise you're stuck wielding two one handed weapons and can't keep a hand free to use stunning fist. If that makes sense.

5) A lax rules option for an enchantment that will auto load a crossbow for you, turning it into a one handed weapon. You could then give the auto-crossbows their 'clip' that requires the full round action to reload.

6) Need a feat called 'Craft Gear' (mostly because enabling craft skills is probably more work than should be attempted), have it work like the other caster craft feats, in that it costs xp to help keep it from being overly exploited to make money. Might even finally be able to have masterwork repeating heavy crossbows and saps. Just has multiple selectable options for cold iron, silver, adamantine, etc.

7) Warmages are crap, I was pretty livid when I hit level three and the only option I had available was 'Flare' and then Level six came along and I could only get wind wall. For a lax rules option, please give them the opportunity to choose a school of magic that they can choose those optional spells from. It would help them tremendously.
That or give them 3/4s BAB. either or.

8) give access to Nulb from the beginning.

9) You should also be able to use knowledge checks or bardic knowledge to hunt down creature lairs on the overland map. Not full on dungeons, just an endless loop of short caves, buildings, tree lairs, pirate ships, etc. And get loot from lairs. (a Ranger, or anyone with Track, could have a limited version that they roll against to try and track back to their lair which should be half empty)

10) The cache of healing items in the church should probably be downstairs in one of the cells as the personal cache of the canoness. You should be able to start the Neutral Good vignette by going into debt to have the canoness raised and she can reveal it to you as a joinable NPC. Thus letting you bypass having to find it normally, and justifying being able to get a +1 holy longsword as the final end result of the quest chain that loot touches upon. Could also let you get access to the screng without her being able to leave the party.

J S

Novice
Hm, was looking at the animated property for shields. If you're even interested in adding it, the best method is most likely to have shields with that property take up the buckler slot alone with programming to remove the -1 attack penalty as well as keeping it from removing the bonus when two weapon fighting. Also helps prevent more shield shenanigans since you're still only supposed to be able to equip one shield even with that ability.

Also going to note that the "wooden elvish shield" seems to be adding a +1 to skills from masterwork due to not having a -1 armor check penalty.

mikeprichard

Novice
Although I see the co8 admins have apparently sought refuge from the Codex in their objectively inferior insipid little chat forum, I'm checking in as I'm considering firing up TOEE again, and am curious whether any of the below QOL enhancements/changes have been implemented since I suggested them in this thread in June 2018. Any confirmations - or mandates to stop being lazy and read through the patch notes for myself - would be appreciated. Either way, cheers for the continued work on Temple+.
Sitra - cheers for your incredible work on TOEE! A few quality-of-life suggestions - most of which were in the Infinity Engine games - for a future Temple+ update (apologies if they've been requested before and found to be impossible to implement):

1) The TAB key should highlight all on-screen NPCs and interactable objects (including barrels, chests, etc.).
2) An enemy corpse should no longer be interactable after all items have been removed from the corpse.
*NOTE: To allow for the Belsornig and similar quests to proceed, a corpse after looting should no longer appear as an interactable object when using TAB (see item 1), but could still be used as a "container".
3) The local map should always center on your party's location by default when opened, rather than on whatever area the map was previously pointing to when it was last closed.
4) The SPACE key should pause the game. Better yet, keybinds for all controls should be fully customizable.
5) Spell/feat/skill etc. selection/memorization screens should allow for a double-click (rather than only clunky drag-and-drop) to automatically add the spell/feat/skill etc. to the first available slot on the right side of the screen.
6) Dropping/using items should be accomplished by first clicking the drop/use button, then the item, rather than vice-versa via drag-and-drop, for convenience and consistency with other UI functions.
7) Sending only one or some party members, rather than only all members, to another map zone should be allowed (e.g. for stealth purposes).
8) Control should be given to the player regarding which party member an NPC automatically initiates dialogue with upon a map zone transition.
9) Further party member pathfinding AI enhancements; at least one party member is still very frequently left behind when a party move command is issued.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Although I see the co8 admins have apparently sought refuge from the Codex in their objectively inferior insipid little chat forum, I'm checking in as I'm considering firing up TOEE again, and am curious whether any of the below QOL enhancements/changes have been implemented since I suggested them in this thread in June 2018. Any confirmations - or mandates to stop being lazy and read through the patch notes for myself - would be appreciated. Either way, cheers for the continued work on Temple+.

Sorry, but none of the above.

FWIW I wouldn't say co8 admins have sought refuge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom