Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - Final Fantasy Tactics-like RPG

Razzoriel

Genos Studios
Developer
It's funny that you posted a video of Final Fantasy Tactics there, too. It's almost as if that one was a unique new game rather than a clone of Tactics Ogre!

There's nothing wrong with creating a new offering in a tried and true genre. Innovation is great. I love innovation. But I also love some genres that have way too few games in them, so any new addition is welcome.
Hey, I'm not saying its a carbon copy, but it really just copypasted a few concepts from the game. It shows lack of creativity. They could come up with something slightly more original in that regard. But this is just me being a complete asshole for wishing devs to be more original with their own content, so fuck me, right.

And it's not just the idle-walking-animation thing. Cross-pattern spells, similar stat names, the height indicator on the top left... it just seems they copypasted all those concepts and made an artstyle of their own.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's funny that you posted a video of Final Fantasy Tactics there, too. It's almost as if that one was a unique new game rather than a clone of Tactics Ogre!

There's nothing wrong with creating a new offering in a tried and true genre. Innovation is great. I love innovation. But I also love some genres that have way too few games in them, so any new addition is welcome.
Hey, I'm not saying its a carbon copy, but it really just copypasted a few concepts from the game. It shows lack of creativity. They could come up with something slightly more original in that regard. But this is just me being a complete asshole for wishing devs to be more original with their own content, so fuck me, right.

And it's not just the idle-walking-animation thing. Cross-pattern spells, similar stat names, the height indicator on the top left... it just seems they copypasted all those concepts and made an artstyle of their own.
Dude the JSPRG "conventions" are kind of... standard. And the rule is, don't change stuff that work.
Apart from the general SRPG setup though, the artstyle has nothing to do with FFT.

Renevent

Cipher
Character and art style is hideous. I'd love a new game similar to something like Shinning Force though, mechanics wise. I replayed that recently on my retropi and while the game holds up reasonably well, I'm no longer 11 years old so some of the corny music and silly aspects of the game annoy me.

Razzoriel

Genos Studios
Developer
Dude the JSPRG "conventions" are kind of... standard. And the rule is, don't change stuff that work.
Apart from the general SRPG setup though, the artstyle has nothing to do with FFT.
Yeah, so how about you skip the artstyle, which I never mentioned, at all, and talk about the design style of the game, instead, which is the topic.

I actually dig the artstyle, nothing against it.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well it looks like they took the idle animation criticism to heart.

New idle animation part of the base game, new outfit and AMA!
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - Demo » Devlog
5 days ago by 6 Eyes Studio (@fellsealgame)
Share this post:

We're still hard at work running our Kickstarter campaign. We're past 60% funded with close to 750 backers and we're nearing the end of the dreaded "middle of the campaign phase", which is notoriously slow for projects. We've been faring well through it so far :)

Quick art update: we have a new set of clothes finished this week.
dr%2FSE3.png

As we've announced on Kickstarter this week, we decided to include the new idle animation as part of the core game, rather than as a stretch goal on Kickstarter. We've had to rework our budget a bit and take a few more personal risks, but we're happy to report we'll be able to include the new idle animations as well as retain all previously planned content!

Here's the new idle animation again, just in case you missed it:

p2dCV5.gif

Finally, we have an AMA going on right now on AMAFeed! It'll last until tomorrow at 5pm (Saturday October 20th): https://gamingama.com/2-years-ago-i...b-at-ea-to-create-my-own-story-driven-458901/

Thanks everyone!

6 Eyes Studio

6 Eyes Studio
Developer
Last 48 hours on the Kickstarter, which is at around 84% right now. Definitely doable, but it'll be a close call I think.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Not a big fan of the artstyle, but i wish you all the luck.

I also like FFT and Fire Emblem. Despite their artstyle.

6 Eyes Studio

6 Eyes Studio
Developer
And...you did it. :salute:

Indeed! Still 26 hours left on the clock too. We had a ton of support from the fans yesterday and they really made it happen!
Thanks for keeping an eye out for us friend :)

Thanks for all the best wishes from everyone as well!

We'll be focusing on our first stretch goal for the time we have left. It's a playable bug race (the Bzil) that can learn monsters abilities and will equip those rather than human abilities. They will also have updated visuals to match their monster powers. Here's the general concept:
rahw9Az.png

There's a lot more info in our last update if anyone is interested.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Their Twitter account has been suspended. I wonder what caused that.

Also KS monthly update.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...mark-classic-turn-based-tactica/posts/2128603
Monthly Update - Big News and progress report

Hello everyone!

Here's our monthly update, packed with big announcements and lots of progress!

Big News
We have multiple announcements this month. First, the big one:

After a lot of thinking, we decided to sign up with a Publisher. As such, we can now guarantee that we'll be having a PS4 version as well as getting on GOG for the DRM free version. There will be many other extra online stores carrying Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark as well, which will be announced later.

There's currently no change to the status of the Switch version: we're still hoping to get it done, but it'll probably end up being after the other versions are released.

We'll be announcing the name of our Publisher soon, but they are preparing a press release about it and asked us to hold off until their announcement before mentioning their name.

Tied to this collaboration with our publisher, it is very likely we'll be at PAX East 2018 in April. We've wrapping up some details currently, but it's looking good. We'll have an announcement about that when it's finalized and we certainly hope everyone will drop by our booth to say hi! We'll be happy to thank you in person for all the support and helping us realize our dream game!

Also, after looking things over with our Publisher and looking at their schedule and ours, we've decided to target Q1 2019 for the final release date. This will allow us to launch on all 3 main platforms (PS4, XBox One, PC) simultaneously as well as ensure we have enough time for all the polish and features we're planning, as well as localization in 5 different languages. Basically, we want to make sure the release is done the right way and the game is as good as we want it to be on release!

We haven't actually had anyone write to us about Steam Keys yet, but we want to keep everyone in the loop: we've already sent the Steam keys to all our Beta Backers and we've been wanting to send the keys to everyone else ASAP. We've been holding off mainly because we've been in talks with our publisher for a while and we knew it would grant us access to PS4 and GOG and we know many backers were interested by those options. We're still not actually 100% sure how to handle keys for consoles at this point to be honest, so we'll be looking into that with the help of our Publisher so that we can start delivering keys ASAP.

Finally, we just released the new big Beta Backer build (about 15 mins ago) and we'll keep updating the big build monthly, with an update to the experimental build in between. The latest build has some more story battles, patrol battles and a LOT of balance changes, primarily centered around better AI. There's also a lot of visual and UI improvements and we're still working on more of those. The detailed notes of the build are going to be on our Steam page shortly (after I'm done with THIS update, haha ^^), which you can find right here:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/

That should cover the big announcements for this month. Now onto the...

Progress Report
The steam page is actually going to be a good spot to get the specifics of all we did (with more precise balance notes, etc), but we've been tirelessly working on adding new content, new assets and especially polishing gameplay.

First big bit of progress is that we finally completed the new Idle Animations. A few monsters are still missing theirs, but they should be dealt with soon enough. All humans and most monsters now have their idle, with their equipped weapon showing for the humans (which helps you figure out what they might be up to even faster).

2c1d750c3714b8203a5a2d3d034f518b_original.gif

Next, we have a lot of new portraits created (but still so many more to go, haha):
8859d95395bd319c57c2852b63181352_original.png

98058e5676483e230d6befa8e9d339a6_original.png

5d8367b1fa1684f065cae2d7788cabab_original.png

3f70b1a4e26aa79e62d3911b1d70d6ee_original.png

We also have a lot of UI improvements to give more information to the player while in combat. The in-battle description of abilities was updated to use the same description box as in the menu, which shows a lot more details. Here's what it looks like now:

976c6d2359b0e43f9bed99dc5cd98ac1_original.png

There's a slew of other UI improvements, including better controls, fixes for larger and smaller resolutions than 1080 and a lot of other small quality-of-life details.

We also have a lot of new sprites, including new monsters and new outfits (we're almost done with the outfits!)

4030558c1c2f8cf75d52c1589d614f4b_original.gif

e704ff177430706677bfdbf8e384ae64_original.png

4854007311051810b18760190a055ffe_original.gif

ac64468e4283ec93ed6c89a0a48d6eee_original.gif

ae383704e08b1b2045221e57bbead337_original.gif

We have a new map as well and a lot of new spell effects, but there's some spoilers involved in showing some of those. Anyone that can't wait though can always check our Discord for most of the game's maps as well as follow us on Twitter for more regular updates!

Hopefully everyone is as excited as we are about our progress and we'll have a lot more to show next month!

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I'm not paying for EA, but this looks very nice, there aren't enough quality FFT/TO clones. Anyone here playing it? How does it hold against its influences?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom