Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - Final Fantasy Tactics-like RPG

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Taka-Haradin puolipeikko, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    https://www.fellseal.com

https://www.gog.com/game/fell_seal_arbiters_mark?pp=cb4e5208b4cd87268b208e49452ed6e89a68e0b8

Show Spoiler
    Didn't find a thread about this one.
    They are going to do a kickstarter campaign.
    https://www.fellseal.com/game-overview

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2019
    • Brofist x 5
    • Thanks! x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

edit.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    https://www.fellseal.com/single-post/2017/08/11/Fell-Friday-Update-5---Art-and-Announcements

^ Top  
  4. Iznaliu Arbiter

Iznaliu
    Why does your opponent need to say "ENEMY" in big serif text on his portrait? That looks absolutely obnoxious.

^ Top  
  5. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Am I the only one who finds it extremely weird that every idle person is using a walking cycle?
    I know the game isn't finished, but why not just let them stand still for the trailer?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Ranarama Learned

Ranarama
    They're clearly taking design tips from Cleve.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Kuattro Savant

Kuattro
    That was standard for JRPGs for quite some time wasn't it (I bring them out because this looks so much like a Japanese SRPG)?

The characters that hadn't taken their turn yet always moved in some spastic way, either like they were walking, or like they were in a Street Fighter game (you know what I mean, that little bounce they do with their knees), and once they had completed their turn, they were greyed out.

It DOES look kind of weird though, at least in those other games the animation looked different enough from plain walking, here it's just that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Iznaliu Arbiter

Iznaliu
    This truly takes the cake for sheer shittiness.

• Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Steam page:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. CryptRat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Developer

CryptRat
    Kickstarter's live.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  12. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    I like what I see, but chance for success doesn't look that hot right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. 6 Eyes Studio 6 Eyes Studio Developer

6 Eyes Studio
    Why do you think the odds don't look so hot right now btw? The Kickstarter has been up for less than a day and it's already passed 10%, that's actually pretty solid. Prediction sites, like kicktraq have it closing at ~200% of funding as a prediction right now, although with as little data as only 1 day, that's probably not very accurate.

^ Top  
  14. Lone Wolf Arcane

Lone Wolf
    These naming conventions... Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark? What, are they setting up for the franchise? KISS.

^ Top  
  15. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Uh, hi there.

Crooked Bee DarkUnderlord Dev tag (6 Eyes Studio)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    • 'k 'k x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. 6 Eyes Studio 6 Eyes Studio Developer

6 Eyes Studio
    Hey there friend!
    That's a cryptic greeting... I sense there is more! :)

^ Top  
  17. Iznaliu Arbiter

Iznaliu
    The first day usually gets the most funding; funding starts to drop off wildly after it.

^ Top  
  18. 6 Eyes Studio 6 Eyes Studio Developer

6 Eyes Studio
    Indeed! I think one of the more interesting statistics is that if a project meets 15% within 48hrs, it is 80% likely to succeed. 10% in less than 24hrs is a good start. Actually, looking at the page now, it's at 14% and I think it's been about 32hrs, so I'd say that, statistically, it actually looks fairly promising.

Well, most statistics should be taken fairly lightly I suppose... but if we're talking odds, it's not too bad :)

^ Top  
  19. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    I'd love to be wrong, but I also always hope some stretch goals get met if they're present. They also tend to be good incentives to get the ball rolling past the first few days.

^ Top  
  20. 6 Eyes Studio 6 Eyes Studio Developer

6 Eyes Studio
    Haha, I'd certainly love you to be wrong on this one as well ;)
    We'll see I guess. From my perspective, it's a pretty good start, but at the same time, it's not an explosive one, so it probably won't crush the Stretch Goals at this pace.

Side note: Where is that avatar from? It's quite good. It reminds me of Disciples 2 style a bit (but less painterly), but I don't think that's where it's from...

^ Top  
  21. Razzoriel Novice

Razzoriel
    I've heard of inspirations for game development, but this is borderline copypasting game design.

[​IMG]

• Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Deadman Prophet Patron

Deadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I fail to see any similarities my friend.

^ Top  
  23. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    Yeah, this is absolutely terrible! This project should be shut down immediately, it is blatant plagiarism.

Imagine if games in the past had copied others this liberally! Wow! We would never have gotten such unique classics as Might and Magic or Bard's Tale, if they had just decided to copy Wizardry instead of doing their own completely unique thing that had nothing at all in common with the games that came before! Instead we would just have gotten Wizardry clones!

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Razzoriel Novice

Razzoriel
    Yeah, I know! There's no such a thing as being creative and coming up with something of your own by use of inspiration! Everything is just a perfect copypaste of everything that was created before. Imagine if game developers never updated and developed upon other unique concepts like this dev DIDN'T do.

• retadred retadred x 2
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    It's funny that you posted a video of Final Fantasy Tactics there, too. It's almost as if that one was a unique new game rather than a clone of Tactics Ogre!

There's nothing wrong with creating a new offering in a tried and true genre. Innovation is great. I love innovation. But I also love some genres that have way too few games in them, so any new addition is welcome.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)