Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Fig - a new equity-based crowdfunding platform

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Infinitron, Aug 18, 2015.

1. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Wow, Tim Schafer as spokesperson for crowdfunding...

• Brofist Brofist x 19
    ^ Top  
  2. Irenaeus II Unwanted Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Unwanted
    This. Fuck this shit. And I say that as an InXile and Obsy fan. Schafer is a swindler, might as well invite Molyneux to join this shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 13
    ^ Top  
  3. MRY Prestigious Gentleman Wormwood Studios Developer

MRY
    "Justin Bailey"? Is the #2 named Konami Code?

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  4. tormund Arcane

tormund
    Having Schafer on board will hurt their reputation from the get-go... Even the gaming media lost all the love and patience for him.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Ugh.

• Brofist Brofist x 21
    ^ Top  
  6. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    You don't sound too Ooo about iii

• Brofist Brofist x 17
    ^ Top  
  7. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    I'd be more skeptical about who's the CEO than about who's on an advisory board with multiple people.

^ Top  
  8. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It's also a bit weird that their launch title is going to be some indie shovelware from an unknown studio instead of a proper big project like a new Obsidian or InXile game.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  9. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    This is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ^ Top  
  11. Maelflux Arbiter Patron

Maelflux
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Can't deny that I am wearing my stupid-cap today, but how does 56 supporters (backers) net 36.990$ when there are none at high or semi-high tiers ??!

^ Top  
  12. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Don't think they would risk their own projects until they know the concept is viable. Its not as though KickStarter wouldn't take them if they came crawling back, broken and defeated.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  13. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Accredited investors. They probably have a couple dozen millionaires spread out among all their companies + friends and family.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Cowboy Moment Arcane

Cowboy Moment
    Yeah, to say I'm skeptical would be an understatement. Especially since, well, I don't really see much of a point. I participate in crowdfunding because I want particular products to see the light of day, not because I'm looking for a good ROI. I'd honestly prefer if developers pocketed whatever profit they make on the crowdfunded game and use that for future projects - that's what I understand the word "kickstart" to mean. May as well take a proper loan or find real investors, like Larian did.

Would be too big of a stain on the project's reputation if the platform failed completely. Better test the waters with something they're willing to let sink if need be.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  15. Weirdstuffinspace Erudite

Weirdstuffinspace
    SJW fatso cucksucker Schafer precludes any cash going to this bullshit, and otherwise Feargus and Obsoletian would, with their bullshit cashgrab claims of a love for old school.... not to mention that odourless piece of utter mediocre shit they fucked us with. Fargo sees business everywhere so ofcourse he is on board.. Torment bro.. dont fuck up.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    A better question is why didn't they sort things out in advance so that Average Joes could buy equity from the start. What they have implemented here seems like a phenomenal way of letting backers *FEEL* the class difference between themselves and accredited millionaires. Not exactly the roar of the coliseum experience people crave from a crowdfunding campaign.

I can only speculate they want Joes to reserve their investments for bigger projects that are likelier to produce a bigger rate of return and therefore generate more hype for the platform, but in that case, they should have opened with a project like that.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  17. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    He is French, this is for Kwans, wait for the European version by him.

^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Molyneux is a Brit actually. He just has a weird Norman name.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  19. HanoverF Arcane Patron

HanoverF
    MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Fargo
    [​IMG]
    Urquhart
    :slamdunk:
    Schafer
    :nocountryforshitposters:

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  20. Jagged Appliance Arbiter

Jagged Appliance
    Needs more
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 14
    ^ Top  
  21. Boleskine Arcane

Boleskine
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Well if Fargo is in there might be something to it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    I will call it Fick

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Gondolin Arcane

Gondolin
    Too German.

^ Top  
  25. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)