Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Fig - a new equity-based crowdfunding platform - shut down, RIP

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, 2,25 is fantasy money.
I'm sure you have proof for that.

Do you have it is not? Check the video with the guy fake donating 2000 dollars to Psychonauts 2 and then watch it go towards to the complete funding goal. Like the dudes in the videos say, they don't know with certainty that it's a scam, but it sure as hell look suspicious.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn, 2,25 is fantasy money.
I'm sure you have proof for that.

Do you have it is not? Check the video with the guy fake donating 2000 dollars to Psychonauts 2 and then watch it go towards to the complete funding goal. Like the dudes in the videos say, they don't know with certainty that it's a scam, but it sure as hell look suspicious.
I have seen the video, and I know that you could reserve an investment without paying the money immediately. But I have already told you that the reason for that was that they didn't have the SEC approval at that point and couldn't collect the money. Since then there were emails sent out to the investors after the SEC approval to collect the investments.

And it is not me who has to prove that it is not a scam, you are the one who are making charges against them about fraud, it is YOU who have to show some proof. All this is only suspicous to those who are thinking that these developers are in business for the reason to scam people. Which is ridiculous in the first place.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Charges, fraud, what are you talking about? The only thing I have done is vent my suspicion. You don't find it odd at all that fake money are counted toward a final goal so it can be manipulated to look like the kickstarter is doing better than it actually is? Why should I trust a business that use such underhanded tactics, SEC approval or not. But okay, keep sending them money. And by reading on their investment page it still looks like you can invest stuff without actually having to pay anything. Now the big questions remains, does it still count toward to main goal? If it does than the business haven't changed since Shafers kickstarter.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Well, losing out on 800k for not reaching the intended kickstarter target could possible tempt you to fix those numbers to your favor :)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This is the first released game that is funded with Fig:

https://af.gog.com/game/kingdoms_castles?as=1649904300

And they plugged them in screenshots section and store description, heh:

ss_0b6d2395af77542f35371f5fd98b0c6b8630ba1f.600x338.jpg

Funded_with_Fig_Logo_v01_Large.png

Kingdoms and Castles is the first Fig funded game to be released. Its crowd funding campaign succeeded with 725% of its goal and was supported by 1,400 backers. Supporters of the game could both pledge and invest during the Fig campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is the first released game that is funded with Fig:

https://af.gog.com/game/kingdoms_castles?as=1649904300

And they plugged them in screenshots section and store description, heh:

ss_0b6d2395af77542f35371f5fd98b0c6b8630ba1f.600x338.jpg

Funded_with_Fig_Logo_v01_Large.png

Kingdoms and Castles is the first Fig funded game to be released. Its crowd funding campaign succeeded with 725% of its goal and was supported by 1,400 backers. Supporters of the game could both pledge and invest during the Fig campaign.

I didn't even know this game was on fig.

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well, good news for Fig (and investors). The first released Fig game will likely bring some profit to investors.

http://steamspy.com/app/569480

Kingdoms and Castles

Owners: 66,954 ± 7,046

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/kingdoms-and-castles/invest

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2Fe4b89018d9b60804027faa1129a68438a8467c4f%2Foriginal.%3F1481319902

*Updated 12/9/16* This graph shows the estimated lifetime distributions for every $1,000 unit, at various levels of game sales.* The lifetime distributions at various unit sales will vary depending on the level of investment because Fig's revenue share would be divided among a greater number of units. The chart below assumes $50,000 in investment (the maximum of amount of investments is $100,000). If more than that amount is invested, the level of distributions per unit will be smaller than as shown. Conversely, if less than that amount is invested, the level of distributions per unit will be higher than as shown.

(Total amount of investment for this game is $83K.)

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
If I had extra cash laying around that I didn't care about, I would put some of it in a few Fig projects. The whole thing is actually a really good idea.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Really not sure if K&C is such a success. The game itself is kinda meh so far and the owner numbers have to account for backers, media, youtubers, freebies etc.

It had 1,382 backers and I don't think they've send keys to thousands of youtubers and journalists.

It just seems fairly popular (Steam reviews, sales chart, concurrent players, quite populated Steam community forums and comments [over 200 comments on latest roadmap annoucement]), for whatever reason.

Perkel

Arcane
Really not sure if K&C is such a success. The game itself is kinda meh so far and the owner numbers have to account for backers, media, youtubers, freebies etc.

Doesn't really matter such games usually have very loooong legs like RPGs and it will sell for years.
And that is assuming they won't ever update game where they clearly want to update it with new content.

Frankly due to their artstyle they can quickly add new content without spending shitload of money on art.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
And second released Fig game, Solstice Chronicles: MIA, looks not so good:

Owners: 2,607 ± 1,803

Fig didn't plug them in its screenshot section unlike Kingdoms and Castles, that makes you think.

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignBodyImage%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_investment_term%2F2017%2F02%2F16%2Fdae9175f-4086-42e5-b9ba-91652199020d

(Things to consider: total amount of investment is $16K; its actual full price is $19.99 and currently sold with 10% launch discount; it had 512 normal backers.)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well, good news for Fig (and investors). The first released Fig game will likely bring some profit to investors.

http://steamspy.com/app/569480

Kingdoms and Castles

Owners: 66,954 ± 7,046

Confirmed, investors doubled their monies: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...eleased-sees-100-percent-return-on-investment

Fig's first funded game released sees 100% return on investment
Investors in Kingdoms and Castles have doubled their money in just a couple weeks after launch

In a first for crowdfunding history, Fig has announced today that its first funded game to be released, Kingdoms and Castles by Lion Shield, has already earned a 100% return for its investors just two weeks after its launch. Lion Shield's medieval city builder generated $1m in sales during its two weeks after release, and Fig said the title earned enough money in 48 hours to cover initial investments.

Investments in the game took place back in January. Investors can continue to expect revenue generated to be shared for up to the next three years.

"Fig takes the best instincts of the community and combines them with a publishing model that gives control back to the developers and the fans that believe in their projects - today we proved that community publishing is a successful way to launch a video game," said Justin Bailey, CEO and founder of Fig. "By sharing the commercial success of a specific project with supporters, community publishing shifts the focus from that of just successfully funding games to instead focus on the successful development and commercial viability of the titles. "

Fig has been made possible thanks to the SEC's Regulation A of the JOBS Act, which allows non-accredited investors to support game development by actually purchasing shares as opposed to the traditional crowdfunding model of just backing a title and hoping things will work out for the game you're interested in supporting.

Fig said that since its launch in fall of 2015, it's hosted three of the top four video game crowdfunding campaigns across all crowdfunding sites. Some other notable projects on Fig include inXile's Wastelands 3, Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, and Double Fine's Psychonauts 2.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gonna make a buck or two on my Pillars of Eternity II investment. Even if I only make my money back and no profit, I won't be miffed.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They should rename it scamos. So obvious that this 'success' is artificial and only there to sucker people into 'investing' in the bigger honeypot projects that will somehow never payback much of their take.
Which honeypot projects have been released so far?

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted
They should rename it scamos. So obvious that this 'success' is artificial and only there to sucker people into 'investing' in the bigger honeypot projects that will somehow never payback much of their take.

Pillars of inanity II comes to mind. Good luck on that 'investment'.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Investors are getting back their money. I don't see how it is artifical. They are either getting back their money or not. And according to the reports, they do. It is a SEC regulated investment platform, they can't just go around making shit up unless they want big trouble on their heads. But of course no ammount of evidence could convince you that it is not a scam.

Kingdoms and Castles.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014

lol what, kingdoms and castles is selling pretty decently and is a fully finished product soooo i fail to see how it's a scam

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom