Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Fig - a new equity-based crowdfunding platform

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Infinitron, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Just for you: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ing-platform-fig-and-obsidians-future.102230/

Getting rid of Kickstarter's $1 pledge shitposters. :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Banana Smuggler Arcane

Banana Smuggler

• Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  3. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk

^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Wait a minute... http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...adds_investing_to_video_game_crowdfunding.php

:takemyjewgold:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    My Hebrew is a little rusty.. what does it mean?!

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. 28.8bps Modem Prophet

28.8bps Modem
    It means RPG Codex mutual fund. Incline your portfolios with investment in all the best turn based, text heavy RPGs. Portofolios may decline as well as incline. Past Fallouts are not guarantees of future Arcanums.

• Brofist Brofist x 14
    ^ Top  
  7. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    I'd have called it Ponzi.

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  8. Poos Arcane

Poos
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  9. JamesDixon Prophet

JamesDixon
    I wonder what the US Securities and Exchange Commission thinks about this?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    So it's basically a VC company with some pleb donators reducing the risk for their millionaire friends accredited investors? Normal people pay and the 1% reap all the eventual profits – sounds like real life.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  11. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    This is the end of The Age of Incline, was fun while it lasted. I can't believe they teamed up with Schafer and the Indiecade/Indiefund, if Obsidian and Fargo would have any sense they should know that A) they are shady as hell and B) Schafer's reputation is in the mud.

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  12. Stokowski Arcane

Stokowski
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  13. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Hahahahaha. People are sure tryhard on the Codex. Also Stuid. This has nothing, NOTHING to do with incline or decline, because 1) indie devs can still and will use kickstarter for their indie games and 2) Schafer's reputation has nothing to do with the success of this platform. Schafer is not pitching his own games, people will decide if they invest or not based on the pitches made by other studios.

Guys, please don't act like a retard. Hate on Tim, on Double Fine as much as you want, but use your tiny brains a little and don't make up theories which make no sense.

If this platform will be successfull, it will be good for everyone, and if it fails, it won't matter more than the failure of a few KS projects. Because there were failed kickstarters, yet KS is still doing okay.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Chamezero Guest

Chamezero
    you are literally and actually the biggest faggot that has ever lived in this galaxy

• Brofist Brofist x 19
    ^ Top  
  15. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    The "literal" inventor of snake oil has been dead for at least 100 years. God you are sloppy with language.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    I know it hurts that I'm right again, but just deal with it.

^ Top  
  17. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    It can affect the success if enough people won't put money into the campaigns knowing that Schafer and Indiecade/-fund are involved...I'm not tryhard, I'm just shitposting you cuck.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Oh, in this case I'm sorry.
    There are no masses of people outside of the Codex who are butthurt about Tim. People here think that the Codex's opinion = mainstream opninion, but this is not the case.

^ Top  
  19. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    There are plenty of people outside rpgcodex who are butthurt about him and Broken Age, and do you work for him, or do you just cuck for him for free?

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  20. Irenaeus II Unwanted Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Unwanted
    You should read his posts on the Broken Game thread.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Chamezero Guest

Chamezero
    or his retardoed thread :smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    About the Equity part, I think it will hardly make a significant difference to crowdfunding for them to make AAA games any time soon but it will make those 10000 pledges more common as on a game selling like 400.000 copies, taking your 10000 money back is possible, this is more like some method for allowing loaning from investors that are already sympathetic towards kickstarter but aren't willing to throw 10000 hard earned dollars with no payback on videogames.

^ Top  
  23. Morality Games Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Maybe not *right away*, but I'm reasonably sure they want to make these iii games ASAP. Wasteland could be fairly easily transformed into a New Vegas style of game, for example.

Note Fallout games sell 10,000,000+ copies and Elder Scrolls sell 20,000,000+ copies. If a Wasteland game in the style of New Vegas sold only 2,000,000 copies for 50-60$ a piece and cost 10-20,000,000 to make, you still made 5-10x as much in revenue.

And therefore a $5,000 investment could become a

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    In b4 metacritic scandals (well, if it ever gets off the ground, which it won't)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    "III" isn't "AAA".

If we're talking about inXile and Obsidian, I think the first thing they'll want to do is reach a Larian level of success with one million sales. Then they can start thinking about New Vegases and Elder Scrollses.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)