Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy 15

Nugs

Learned
Probated
So the versus FF has been changed to 15, dark, mature storyline with kingdom hearts combat.
Let's be honest, it cannot be worse than last 3 FF's.

aris

Arcane
I like the setting quite a lot, and the story trailers mostly seem interesting, and it also promises a quite open world that you can explore with chocobo/car/airship as in the old FF-games. I'm fapping cautiously to this, as it might be a good ARPG.

And also CHRYSTARU
:desu:

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Outside of the gameplay, which looks like it could actually be good, nothing about it looks particularly intriguing to me. The main characters look bland and almost indistinguishable from each other due to their dull designs and penchant for black, the world looks fairly boring, and nothing I've read about either the story or the characters has piqued my interest much. Feels like it might be another FFXII -- some decent gameplay elements but otherwise mostly shit.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well Squeenix is in deep shit financially, so I'm pretty sure they will try to get as many sources of revenue as possible.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
wtf means ' a world of versus epic' ?

iirc, the game was originally titled Final Fantasy XIII Versus but that was years ago, when it was originally meant to be released alongside XIII. Now it's just called XV and I guess 'Versus' is the brand for whatever spin-offs will undoubtedly be created for it.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
reminds me somewhat of ff8, which is good. i liked ff8.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
It seems like you're part of a mafia, controlled by your father. Cool stuff, could work.
1763_2.jpg

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Final Fantasy XV is set in modern times, but the city-like country Lucis which protagonist Noctis hails from is the only technologically advanced location, otherwise surrounded by medieval nations. The reason for this divide is a cold war waged over crystals, the last of which Lucis holds. The other nations used to have their own crystals, but lost them due to ongoing conflicts. They have since focused their efforts on the development of weapons rather than on the progress of their culture, which left them in their regressive state. Just as the cold war ends and a treaty on the peaceful use of crystals is declared, the nation Niflheim unexpectedly invades Lucis, forcing Noctis and his friends to escape. Having waged wars against the countries Solheim, Tenebrae and Accordo, Niflheim's forces conquer the last remaining crystal, but Noctis tries to stop them before they can leave the city.
So not mafia... you're a prince instead. Meh. And the whole "we are advanced while you're medieval cause you focused on war" is extremely retarded. Focusing on machines and war turns you into a industrial society, not holds you on medieval times.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Apparently the royal family is 'mafia-esque'. What this seems to mean is that they wear suits instead of armor. The world definitely seems like a poorly thought-out fusion of the usual fantasy medieval crap and the modern world, with Square Enix lacking the talent to pull it off in any sort of interesting way.

Athelas

Arcane
Another nonsensical mishmash of sci-fi and fantasy, another storyline involving crystals causing/preventing the end of the world, another hipster teenager wielding a giant sword. Looks like Final Fantasy alright.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
If it plays at all like it looks, it could be pretty cool. yes plz is right, those character designs are awful but I could see this otherwise being alright and I'm cautiously optimistic. Still haven't played XIII, a friend told me it's very linear until the end but that the combat is pretty fun, but I really enjoyed XII. XII was the best Final Fantasy game I've played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom