Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Perkel

Arcane
https://ffvii-remake-intergrade.square-enix-games.com

3 independent sources claim there will be remake of worse FF game

It will be coproduction between Sony and SE like in case of Capcom SFV. Developer probably won't be SE but third party studio, probably Level5.
Game will feature new FF style with fancy pants gay Cloud from Disidia and Advent children movie and this will be the style for whole game. They will also probably butcher everything and add gay voice acting because we love shitty voice acted japanese games about teenage angst.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If Final Fantasy 15 is any indication, I'd rather they just leave it the fuck alone. Shitty action game garbage.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Okay, all they have to do to not fuck this up is to keep the battle system and gameplay exactly the same aside from improving and adding more minigames. They must also faithfully recreate every exact detail of the original story (including Cloud crossdressing and getting fucked in the ass by gay men in a brothel, Barret cussing like a sailor, Cid being a deadbeat abusive husband, AVALANCHE being literal fucking terrorists and Cloud not giving a fuck about all the innocent lives he's ending as long as he gets paid, most importantly NOT MAKING CLOUD THE GENERIC WEEPY CUNT HE WAS IN ADVENT CHILDREN, etc.). But even keeping the original game's gameplay is preferable over them changing it to be more 'modern' or whitewashing the story/retroactively making Cloud a big fat pussy.

Oh my god they literally just have to improve the graphics for this to top the charts for years. Please don't fuck this up SE. Please.

If you fuck this up and blame the consumers when it fails to meet sales expectations I will choke many Japanese manlets.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Hey, remember how they made Cloud a super-emo for Advent Children because that was the fan perception of him, despite him not acting like that at all in FF7?

They're gonna do that again.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
The "SQUEEENIX, PLEAZ REMAKE FINAL FANTASY GAME XYZ" tards have always got on my nerves a little.

1. Squaresoft are dead, the original developers. These are the only people who could probably remake it adequately.
2. SQUEEENIX are going to fucking rape it. This basically: "Hey, remember how they made Cloud a super-emo for Advent Children because that was the fan perception of him, despite him not acting like that at all in FF7?"
3. Does the game even need a remake? Aside from low-poly models, what about this game actually would truly benefit from a faithful remake? It's like Fallout fans screaming for a FO1 remake. It doesn't really need it. Why waste time? Why not instead make/publish good new games, something Square-Enix don't really seem capable of beyond maybe a small handful.

These decline enablers have begged and pleaded so much that they've enabled SE to remake/rehash a concept instead of producing something new and worthwhile, and chances are it will be raped. It wouldn't really be viable if it weren't for these many people. Decline enablers.

There are games that could really benefit from being remade with multi-million dollar investments. I don't see how a game that still looks pretty good overall today is one of them.

Last edited:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Hey, remember how they made Cloud a super-emo for Advent Children because that was the fan perception of him, despite him not acting like that at all in FF7?

34uJiFp.gif

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Holy shit, do I really need to get all consoletard just to get this or is it going to have a PC release? As long as they don't completely rape the source material I'm obliged to get this. Played the original through maybe 10 times so I'm just the kind of nostalgic fool they're trying to milk with this one.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Pro-tip for Square Enix: when your 'fanbase' cares more about shit that you made 17 fucking years ago than the brand-spanking new games you are making, then you're doing something horribly wrong.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

This exactly. Every single one of his appearances outside of FF7 itself has had him as a brooding moody emo fag and they're probably gonna copy that personality for the remake rather than stay faithful to the original disinterested sardonic asshole one.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
"Play it first on PS4." So it will go multiplat eventually, with a PC port likely given that Square Enix has been dumping a lot of FF games on Steam lately.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
It's because the fandom latched on to his depiction from Kingdom Hearts, where he was basically an amalgamation of mid-game Cloud (before he got over his Zach-angst), and Vincent Valentine down to the red sash and golden gauntlet (they originally planned to have Vincent appear in the game, but it got veto'd by Disney). Since I've found a majority of the most vocal Final Fantasy VII 'fans' I've encountered have never actually played the game and only know about it through proxies (the wiki, Advent Children, and the Kingdom Hearts games), that's the personality that's stuck the most.

jaybirdy

Educated
Shaewaroz, there's no if, they are going to completely rape the source material. Judging by the "extended universe" of FF7, the people at Square don't really get FF7 and why people love it so much. Hell, to further the Star Wars parallel, I don't think even most FF7 fans understand why they love it so. All that charm and sense of adventure is going into the trash, to be replaced with pure melodrama and exquisite fashion.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
let's look on the bright side: maybe this time we'll be able to make yuffie into our waifu rather than just tifa

Machocruz

Arcane
Fuck keeping the combat the same. They should beef it up. 4 man party with front and back formation/range, bigger encounter groups, make support more necessary, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom