Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Calling it now, it will be possible to save Aeris.

Archibald

Arcane
Judging by the "extended universe" of FF7, the people at Square don't really get FF7 and why people love it so much.

Considering that probably more than half of the FF7 fans have never actually played it... SE will probably give them exactly what they want.

Nostaljaded

Savant
Okay, all they have to do to not fuck this up is to keep the battle system and gameplay exactly the same aside from improving and adding more minigames...

Oh my god they literally just have to improve the graphics for this to top the charts for years...

We are forgetting something here, 'Battle Animations' On/Off Option.
Or else for the nth time, go make some kooohiii after starting 'Bitches of the Twin Peaks' special attack.

We are man/woman/<insert whatever you wish here to be inclooosive> child now...

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So the mythical carrot on a stick is finally happening. I wonder when they started working on this or we're looking at another "release scheduled for 20XX" like FF15 originally was when it was still Versus. On a related note, how much you want to bet Honeybee Inn won't make the cut?

UM7GaKZ.png

resilient sphere

Educated
Please don't do a remix soundtrack. If I wanted to hear the main redeeming feature of FF7 be butchered by clumsy hacks I'd visit OCRemix

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I was so excited i didn't see this thread.

Please don't do a remix soundtrack

You can hear at the end the soundtrack is the same.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If they gonna leave the old combat, materia and everything else, this will be the best RPG since last 10 years.

DEM GRAPHICS, Square must be using their newest engine for this.

As I recall, they once stated that they wouldn't remake FFVII until they made a better Final Fantasy.

Did they give up, or just remember that XII and, to a lesser extent, X exist?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
As I recall, they once stated that they wouldn't remake FFVII until they made a better Final Fantasy.

I presume final fantasy XV will be out before the remake. I doubt it will be better though.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They should just call it FINAL FANTASY, and never make another FF again being this remake the last and best.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

They've already made another sequel to FFX. It began with Tidus getting killed by a Blitz ball land mine.

I'm not kidding.

laclongquan

Arcane
I dont get why people say Cloud is not emo in 7. He's totally an emo cunt, just not at the level of Advent Children. That obsession with Sephiroth and SOLDIER is plain unhealthy. He's brooding through much of the game~

As for saving Aeris, yes please! I invest a lot of experience and mana balls into her equipment. Doesnt want it going to waste,

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's because the fandom latched on to his depiction from Kingdom Hearts, where he was basically an amalgamation of mid-game Cloud (before he got over his Zach-angst), and Vincent Valentine down to the red sash and golden gauntlet (they originally planned to have Vincent appear in the game, but it got veto'd by Disney). Since I've found a majority of the most vocal Final Fantasy VII 'fans' I've encountered have never actually played the game and only know about it through proxies (the wiki, Advent Children, and the Kingdom Hearts games), that's the personality that's stuck the most.
And most of them also don't understand the concept of a perfectly self-contained story. Koch's Snowflake wins again, fuck.

I dont get why people say Cloud is not emo in 7. He's totally an emo cunt, just not at the level of Advent Children. That obsession with Sephiroth and SOLDIER is plain unhealthy. He's brooding through much of the game~
Key difference to all the fan service bullshit they've done afterwards is that the actual game eventually picks up a sledgehammer to really point out that it is not healthy behaviour, since his whole tough guy thing was just an act with him trying to live out a fantasy of his obsession (actually the whole overarching party member theme of them being different sorts of losers is pretty good). I mean, after Cloud comes to terms with himself he's also not a brooding emo cockfaggot but a p. cool ordinary dork. And even when he's got the tough guy thing up he's still a clueless dork.

They've already made another sequel to FFX. It began with Tidus getting killed by a Blitz ball land mine.

I'm not kidding.
I forgot about that particular piece of hilarity. Many lolwuts were had when the detail first leaked on interwebs and moar when it was confirmed real.

Judging by the "extended universe" of FF7, the people at Square don't really get FF7 and why people love it so much.

Considering that probably more than half of the FF7 fans have never actually played it... SE will probably give them exactly what they want.
The worst thing that ever happened to Final Fantasy 7 is its fandom.

Rpgsaurus Rex

I don't remember anything emo about FF7. Horror, yes (invading the Shinra complex then *something terrible happens*). Humour, self-irony, cute shit yes (minigames, Chocobos, even main map character models are chibi). Drama, yes (character death, cities getting blown up etc). Epic shit (WEAPONS hell yeah). But emo? Hell no. Like many said already Advent Children was a massive disappointment. I wanted a trip back into childhood and got an unbearable fuckfest instead.

Vikter

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So much hype for a 7 year PS3 game, a CG of a game that will take years to even have a demo when we all know what happens and an old guy begging for money on Kickstarter.

Just joking. World of Final Fantasy looks cool, btw

Explorerbc

Arcane
I don't understand why this needed a remake but whatever.

Also the graphics look too realistic/grimdark for this to work imo.

darthaegis

Cipher
I don't understand why this needed a remake but whatever.

Also the graphics look too realistic/grimdark for this to work imo.
Literally in every newspost I see about Final Fantasy there's at least dozens of people asking shit like "Squeenix gib FF7 remake plox."
This is going to sell like crazy since FF7 has an insane amount of fans and is praised as one of the Holy trinity of jRPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom