Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Melcar

Arcane
At this point I only care for the Tifa/Yuffie/Aeris fan service.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
EI6YUNI.jpg

jungl

Augur
leave it to japs thinking they need to over deliver a animu story or kids wont like it. Especially artistic or should I say autistic japs like hideo kojima and Nomura. Their work is extremely corny and bad. See metal gear solid 2 and advent children.

Duraframe300

Arcane
So this is Rebuild of Evangelion in vidya form after all... why can't japs fully commit to the concept of a remake?

Edit: jesus christ what a clusterfuck

NiqpSXo.png

I could rage about this, but on the other hand this now just fully means that this can be ignored since it wants to be its own thing so badly. FF7 (the original) continues to stand on its own. Thankfully FF7 modding is still alive and AI has made decently upscaling backgrounds a workable possibility for modders.

The worst thing that can still happen is Square trying to erase the original FF7 by taking it down or something.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I could rage about this, but on the other hand this now just fully means that this can be ignored since it wants to be its own thing so badly. FF7 (the original) continues to stand on its own. Thankfully FF7 modding is still alive and AI has made decently upscaling backgrounds a workable possibility for modders.

The worst thing that can still happen is Square trying to erase the original FF7 by taking it down or something.

Agree. As always, Square Enix found a way to fuck it up. Had I been excited for the remake to begin with, this would make me rage.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
leave it to japs thinking they need to over deliver a animu story or kids wont like it. Especially artistic or should I say autistic japs like hideo kojima and Nomura. Their work is extremely corny and bad. See metal gear solid 2 and advent children.
Wonder if Gen-X and younger japs hate their boomers so much that they do the complete opposite of them. When Japanese boomers were in charge of media, stories were generally simple and lighthearted enough, now everything they make is convoluted as fuck. Maybe they do it as a "fuck you" to their elders' way. I can't conceive other theory of why does exist such sharp divide in storytelling styles.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Wonder if Gen-X and younger japs hate their boomers so much that they do the complete opposite of them. When Japanese boomers were in charge of media, stories were generally simple and lighthearted enough, now everything they make is convoluted as fuck. Maybe they do it as a "fuck you" to their elders' way. I can't conceive other theory of why does exist such sharp divide in storytelling styles.

Not... really?

A lot of shit was edgy as fuck since the 60s over there especially if we're talking the types of media like manga and video games. I mean Go Nagai is nearly 75 by this point.

Melcar

Arcane
There are different kinds of "edgy". What gets promoted the most is whatever the current audiences buy. Somewhere along the line target audiences stated to favor this over-dramatic convoluted flashy storylines, so that is what the suits in marketing started to peddle the most. Developers just follow the money, and if the current climate allows them to express themselves more freely then even better.

Blink

Prospernaut
Batshit Crazy
There are different kinds of "edgy". What gets promoted the most is whatever the current audiences buy. Somewhere along the line target audiences stated to favor this over-dramatic convoluted flashy storylines, so that is what the suits in marketing started to peddle the most. Developers just follow the money, and if the current climate allows them to express themselves more freely then even better.
loz-mao most animzaing these days cut out stuff like gore or genuinely evil villains without sadz baby back ribs story completely. You can't even have a shounn mc who just a brute or doesn't use any freindzone or whatever tha fuckava. Crises core > advant chilie fries> ff8 > ff7

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Is it weird this makes me all the more interested in the game now? Looking where they screwed up the original gets annoying, but knowing they approached the remake with full-on butcher mode at least makes me marvel the trainwreck.

Ash

Arcane
"As a non-fan and someone that didn't play pretty much any FF game, what does that mean/"

sounds like a over-dramatic convoluted flashy take for the old adage: "everything new is shit"

I don't even consume much jap shit anymore and I thiink I may know what he means though and I'll illustrate with games I know you have played.

See: RE1 vs Code Veronica or RE5, or DMC 1 vs DMCRemake or DMC5

wtf is wesker with his flashy convoluted bs. In the original he was just a traitor plain and simple. And he died. Like really died. Why was he brought back from the dead with general relativity-defying powers and a more complex backstory that is uninteresting as all hell.
And whatever the fuck is the bullshit in the new DMC games, I don't care for it.
The older ones of each respective series had style (and so much campiness where they failed). The new ones try to have style but it just comes across as tryhard and weird, boring and unnecessary.

I can think of so many examples like this.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
loz-mao most animzaing these days cut out stuff like gore or genuinely evil villains without sadz baby back ribs story completely. You can't even have a shounn mc who just a brute or doesn't use any freindzone or whatever tha fuckava. Crises core > advant chilie fries> ff8 > ff7
22797.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

Holy shit, while reading the storyline leaks I somehow replicated the perfect laugh of Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal 2. I'm impressed with myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom