Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First Deus Ex 3 Screens

MetalCraze

Arcane
Those are not screenshots but pre-rendered CGI or at least shoop'd. The last 4 though are 100% pre-rendered CGI.
Proof? It's a game for X360

Reject_666_6

Arcane
500x_7_01.jpg

:lol: Holy shit!

a wild nigger

Educated
If you want to make enemies, try to change something

*continues to rape the already raped corpse of deus ex*

Zeus

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
Those are not screenshots but pre-rendered CGI or at least shoop'd.

Screenshots of pre-rendered CGI are still screenshots.

Zeus

Cipher
poocolator said:
Do gamers these days play no games where the main characters are over 20? What is this shit?

Yeah, this is increasingly growing more annoying. I think a major part of the "JRPG Backlash" FFXIII is experiencing from critics is that all the people who grew up absolutely in love with Final Fantasy 6 are now 30, yet there are no JRPG characters who have grown with us. Each pre-teen party has one token bearded old man, but that only serves to underline the fact that the lead characters don't have to shave. Meanwhile, WRPGs continue to provide a limitless army of grizzled, 30-something mercenaries, who don't have to endure 25 hours of "puberty" before the main plot gets going.

I can think of no greater game where the age difference is more evident than Oblivion, where approximately 95% of the population appear to be in their late 60s.

A user named cat

Zeus said:
Yeah, this is increasingly growing more annoying. I think a major part of the "JRPG Backlash" FFXIII is experiencing from critics is that all the people who grew up absolutely in love with Final Fantasy 6 are now 30, yet there are no JRPG characters who have grown with us. Each pre-teen party has one token bearded old man, but that only serves to underline the fact that the lead characters don't have to shave. Meanwhile, WRPGs continue to provide a limitless army of grizzled, 30-something mercenaries, who don't have to endure 25 hours of "puberty" before the main plot gets going.
FF XII wasn't exactly immature, actually one of the most mature JRPGs I've played. Lead character is a typical childish twat, but the surrounding cast are mostly all grown up. Probably the best game in the series too. Great that it's fully playable now on a PS2 emulator, I've been really into it lately and glad I finally gave it a shot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom