Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First Deus Ex 3 Screens

hiver

To some extent its a mixed bag in a sense that they do make a point of going after C6C based on actions taken and dialog that will not be just flavor, some non-linearity, sociological aspects and consequences of technology thus keeping the cyberpunk theme... well, "true" in that its not only about technology but should be about sociological and personal aspects too.

On the other hand there are some nextgen features planned but even so they are trying to make them more sensible like in the case of autohealing which wont be instant and turned on all the time like in CoD latest sequels.

I do like the design and art direction even if augs look a bit too polished, at least in the case of main character. Hopefully not everything in the game world will be so pretty.

On the other hand there is no reason why augs would look like heavy crude machinery all the time. Maybe that was a good idea for an art direction in the past that served as a crude metaphor of some sort - but we have seen it too many times and sometimes designing everyone like clunky robots that were welded together by dock workers is too blunt a thing to be repeated ad infinitum.

Too early to tell sure but they are talking the right talk for the most part and are quite open about their plans and about talking to and listening input from the fans which is not a bad thing.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
What's the point of this crap? DX was 10 years ago and DX2 must have tanked. Why make a third game, and why a prequel? Who will be excited to hear about it, seriously? I mean, marketing wise, there's not enough of a DX fanbase to ensure profits, right? So who the hell buys a prequel, a third game, to something they never heard about? I guess this is just like Fallout 3. I'm amazed this is working, really. I mean they will sell more shit just because there's a 3 at the end of the title, how does that work? Doesn't make any sense. DX2 didn't bother to put 2 at the end of the title... think that hurt the sales? Pretty funny.

"Hey bro check this original and creative new IP I never heard about" "no bro don't try it must suck, check this out deus ex 3" "yeah if they made 2 games before it it must mean its good I'm totally sold bro" Sounds like a game for bros then

Angthoron

Arcane
Free hype, and the franchaise was probably so cheap that they figured that the free hype value would offset the IP purchase price.

Black Cat

Magister
@ ScottishMartialArts

"What was wrong with JC?"

Nothing as a character if you are into that kind of personality, but he's not precisely eye candy. I don't know how good of a character this new guy will be, but so far it doesn't precisely hurt the eyes. When I'm forced to play a male character I go with the eye candy. JC, well, kind of fails at being eye candy. And it is not like he has a deep and charismatic personality to make up for that. :?

@ Squirly

Today only bisexuality is fashionable, people. Get up to date. Hetero and Homo is so totally, like, last season.

And is she, in any case. It if you are the kind of basement dweller who believes girls don't exist outside mythology and theology. That, maybe. The sinful furry nigger if you believe the rumors. Chefe's Transexual Alt also works, I guess, as does KingComrade's feminine self having gained self awareness and escaped to become a Tulpa. If you are really weird you can turn me into, like, that gelatinous things being all made up of tentacles and eyes and tongues in random configurations though it would be less original than you think.

But not he. Males are creatures deserving pity, yes, but not empathy. So no insulting me, please.

:feminazi:

@ Ghostdog

"If it's not a pathetic anime emo witch, Black Cat doesn't like it."

So that guy is an anime emo witch? She had me, like, totally fooled. :shock: Good luck i'm up to date in my tastes and as long as it is pretty i don't ask, nor care. xD

Squirly

Educated
Black Cat said:
@ Squirly

And is she, in any case. It if you are the kind of basement dweller who believes girls don't exist outside mythology and theology. That, maybe.

I'm sorry you changed your avatar and started posting with less "like" and "nya", resulting in me not recognizing you.

So it's your fault.

aleph

Arcane
Why must it be a prequel?

I mean they will sell more shit just because there's a 3 at the end of the
title, how does that work? Doesn't make any sense

The key to understanding human behavior.

@Black Cat: you are trying way to hard

Black Cat

Magister
@ Gerrard

That's true. I don't say he should be taken to the ovens or anything, nor do i say he should be made a second class citizens because he's kind of ugly. I'm just saying the new one is kind of, like,

:incline:

by superficial comparison.

@ Aleph

I'm kind of slow, sorry, but are you actually going with the flow or do you really believe i'm even trying anymore instead of going totally overboard with my net fursona?

Just asking.

"Why must it be a prequel?"

Because they are retarded and I guess a post apoc world full of factions, nanotechnology, and city states wasn't good enough for them to just throw a city with a Neo Renaisance fashion and style thingie going on by whatever reason and go from there?

Serious_Business said:
What's the point of this crap? DX was 10 years ago and DX2 must have tanked. Why make a third game, and why a prequel? Who will be excited to hear about it, seriously? I mean, marketing wise, there's not enough of a DX fanbase to ensure profits, right? So who the hell buys a prequel, a third game, to something they never heard about? I guess this is just like Fallout 3. I'm amazed this is working, really. I mean they will sell more shit just because there's a 3 at the end of the title, how does that work? Doesn't make any sense. DX2 didn't bother to put 2 at the end of the title... think that hurt the sales? Pretty funny.

"Hey bro check this original and creative new IP I never heard about" "no bro don't try it must suck, check this out deus ex 3" "yeah if they made 2 games before it it must mean its good I'm totally sold bro" Sounds like a game for bros then

fallout-3-e32k6-poster1.jpg
covers_ff7_front.jpg

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Later on in the FAQ, an interesting tidbit is revealed in the form of a quote from one of the devs. Apparently that tentacle augmentation that we all made fun of isn't and never was in the game. Fucking previewers saw some concept art and decided to make a bullshit claim which they then stated as fact. Goddamn assholes. Where do they get the nerve?

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Judging from the scan, there is at least one new thing which was not known before:
While shooting, you need to be careful WHERE you are actually shooting, in order not to break mechanical augumentations, which you can later sell (or presumably instal).

That sounds pretty positive, or?

Also, art direction shown so far is great IMO

Ermm

Erudite
Holy shit. DEUS EX BEGINS. Fuck I almost thought that Christopher Nolan took over.

Anyway this looks promising but I hope this is not another CGI-fest

KalosKagathos

Learned
Instant buy. I'm not afraid for gameplay because it never was that good in the first place, and the trailer clearly shows that developers get what Deus Ex is about thematically (ridiculous social stratification, zionist conspiracies, deadpan delivery of outrageous lines).

I want to know how the fuck they justify personal cloaking devices. In the first game it was a result of a silly amount of nanobots in your body, but here? How the hell can such a thing function when the augmentations are mainly focused around visceral devices which replace your organs and limbs?

Oh, and that energy field he projected to dampen his fall? What the fudge?

I liked the original Deus Ex because it didn't take things over the top, it was the kind of future dystopia one could imagine...

All in all: They're going to take it too far in D3us Ex.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Rasputin said:
''If you want to make enemies try to change something''

What da fuck is that supposed to mean?
Clearly a nod to old-school fans, a throwback to the scene in which a maintenance worker earns the ire of Gunther by changing the placement of drinks in the vending machine. If you didn't recognize it, you're a consolefag and unworthy of calling yourself a Deus Ex fan.
Stereotypical Villain said:
I liked the original Deus Ex because it didn't take things over the top
"Agent Denton, don't tell me you're planning on wearing sunglasses during a night operation."
"My vision is augmented."

That's still not as over the top as an energy shield which breaks your fall along with insta-deploy sunglasses in your skull.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom