Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First Deus Ex 3 Screens

Multi-headed Cow

A BOMB.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Pablosdog said:
Looks decent, only time will tell if it's not a total piece of shit though. Will remain skeptical but hopeful. I NEED a new cyberpunk game.

I am going to go off on a limb and state, disappointly, the company has included SPYWARE in their product that monitors your playstyle, then sends info back to the company. I found this on N4G, though don't ask me for links! It's been a few days...

Because if this, I may not buy the game. Same reason I won't install Steam. I don't think any company has the right to intrude on my private domain, and I absolutely HATE the concept of them having access to "any" non-encrypted info they want off my hard drive, since there is no telling how far this spyware bit goes.

As far as Cyberpunk, I wish they'd start a new Shadowrun!

zeitgeist

Magister
ArcturusXIV said:
I am going to go off on a limb and state, disappointly, the company has included SPYWARE in their product that monitors your playstyle, then sends info back to the company. I found this on N4G, though don't ask me for links! It's been a few days...
Hmm, this?

siliconera.com said:
A feature built into Deus Ex: Human Revolution tracks how people play the game. This data is sent back to Eidos Montreal so they can analyze it for future Deus Ex titles.
Sounds like yet another one of those "Only 10% of players played the stealth path, let's remove it from the sequel" things, they're getting pretty popular lately.

Drakron

Arcane
Its still piss and dark ... I hope it bombs or brown will be replaced by piss as next gen colors.

Multi-headed Cow

His sunglasses are augmented. Look at those. That is way beyond sunglasses technology in Deus Ex 1 or 2 and breaks my immersion.

SoupNazi

They're now running a marketing site of "Sarif Industries", the company Jensen apparently works with in the game (and it's inevitably going to be the real bad guys):

http://www.sarifindustries.com/

If you wait for a few minutes, a popup of the minigame appears and you can play it. I'm not sure if that's actually what's going to be in-game but it's pretty boring. On the other hand, at least it's not as annoying as Alpha Protocol's... still, ICE breaker would have been preferred. :M

Suchy

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
His sunglasses are augmented. Look at those. That is way beyond sunglasses technology in Deus Ex 1 or 2 and breaks my immersion.
No no you don't get it. In Desu Ex JC had augmented eyes and wore shades to cover them. Now it's just hi-tech sunglasses.

Immershun restored.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Too much "kewlness". Has a Blade Runner feel sometimes, which is good. Gameplay will probably be shit, which is bad.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Shit, it looks retarded as fuck. The bloom is horrible in it, the gameplay looks like a streamlined console button pressing shit with cover. Everything is shiny. The takedowns are retarded and completly unnecessary.
I love the fact that this Jensen bashed through a wall and nobody gave a damn about all the noise.
All in all, stupid streamlined console crap.
And I watched only the second part of the video.
Btw, Am I blind or is the inventory replaced by some kind of menu?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom