Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News First Mass Effect 2 Reviews

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 2

We all know ME2 will win all Codex Polls for GOTY 2010, but you should still inform yourself why it is THAT awesome.
<br>
<br>
<a href="http://xbox-360.nowgamer.com/reviews/xbox-360/8967/mass-effect-2">Some site with xbox 360 in the URL</a> scores it 9.8/10!!
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#ffffff;padding-left:5px;">And here, the reviewing of Mass Effect 2 is possibly the worst combination. It rides along on its story – something we can’t talk about in any detail for risk of spoilerising its many delights – while at the same time being as close to perfect as any game can conceivably come.</p>
<br>
Close to perfect.
<br>
<br>
Whereas <a href="http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1062898p1.html">this other site also with xbox 360 in the URL</a> rates it 9.6/10.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#ffffff;padding-left:5px;">From the very first scene, you will be hooked. And the farther you dive into this epic action role-playing game, the better it gets. It fulfills the promise of its predecessor while continuing to push the boundaries of what we should expect in a videogame.</p>
<br>
<br>
I'm grateful that I live to see how the genre gets redefined and how BIO yet again sets the standard for future RPGs.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/96548-mass-effect-2-reviews.html">Wail Of the Gamebanshee - a lvl9 spell</A>

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Darth Roxor said:
We all know ME2 will win all Codex Polls for GOTY 2010

Actually?

I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
People drink sand not because they are thirsty, people drink sand because they don't know the difference.

Na bezrybiu i rak ryba. He.

Haha, you stupid little men. You are thinking in such small timeframes...a year....

GAME OF THE DECADE!

Official Xbox Magazine, the only publication that counts, reviewed the game and gave ME 2 a 9.5.

Just take a gander at these juicy tidbits:

As you work to earn the loyalty of your colorful comrades, and spend the time between near-death experiences chatting with each, they'll open up a little at a time. Romantic possibilities are bound to present themselves

Your rewards for cracking skulls disappoint. Wholly new gear is surprisingly rare. This means no more painful inventory management, but it also gives your lust for loot an ice-cold shower. You can customize your getup with parts that grant minimal bonuses, and paint yourself in simple patterns, but the thrill of finding a gleaming new suit of kickass SHAPOW! armor is entirely absent.

You'll earn experience points by the mission instead of by the kill

Mass Effect 2 overcomes its few gameplay weaknesses with a fantastic weave of dynamic combat, lavish presentation, and engaging character and weapon customization. But for all the myriad of improvements that make ME2's visiauls so appealing and its combat so exhilarating, its ultimately the way it moves us that makes it so memorable.

+Enveloping universe filled with interesting characters and revealing side stories

+Outstanding, flexible combat in gorgeous environments

- Main story is a bit disappointing; dull element mining and hacking.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Felix said:
Long elevator rides and slow-loading textures are gone, replaced with (occasionally lengthy) loading screens
THEY FIXED IT!

Actually I have almost constant lag spikes once every 5 minutes or so, which seem to go away after I've played for like 2 hours or so. It's very fucked up considering the fact that I'm playing the game with the lowest settings possible (except for the resolution, which I kept at 1024x860), and since from what I remember I didn't have any sort of problems like these in me1, not to mention in most of the "next-gen" games.

garren

Arcane
Patron
I don't even bother to read any game reviews anymore. They're just full of dumbfuckery. And I don't have the patience to dig decent coverage through heaploads of crap.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
VentilatorOfDoom said:
We all know ME2 will win all Codex Polls for GOTY 2010, but you should still inform yourself why it is THAT awesome.

I doubt the codex would sink as low as vote a game RPG of the year that is linear as fuck, low on CnC, featuring crappy console combat, has barely any RPG elements and basically plays like a shitty interactive movie featuring some preset badass teen hero with dumb combat and QTE like gamep .... errr wait what ? forget it :wink:

Felix

Arcane
I look around for pc reviews and saw this.

LEVEL said:
If all games were the same as Mass Effect 2, humankind would face extinction. Everyone would keep playing the game forgetting about everything else.

that's how extreme Mass Effect 2 is. :smug:

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Oh shit, here we go.....

I'm betting that by about Wednesday there will be 6 or 7, 30+ page ME2 threads dominating the front page at the codex. And it will be the same shit all over again as it was with DA, with the usual crew bashing it from pillar to post and other's defending it for "what it is" :roll:

AlaCarcuss said:
Oh shit, here we go.....

I'm betting that by about Wednesday there will be 6 or 7, 30+ page ME2 threads dominating the front page at the codex. And it will be the same shit all over again as it was with DA, with the usual crew bashing it from pillar to post and other's defending it for "what it is" :roll:

What is autistic repetitive behavior?

A repetitive behavior is something a person does repeatedly without reason or thought. Research shows repetition is common in autism all autistic children and adults will like repetition and sameness in all aspects of their lives.

Some autistic repetitive behavior is thought to be because of an overload in sensory input. Autistic children and adults are very sensitive and can be easily overwhelmed by their environment.

Therefore the autistic child or person will engage in a repetitive behavior such as finger flicking, rocking or other stimming behavior as a means of calming their senses.

Kashrlyyk

Scholar
VentilatorOfDoom said:

Some site with xbox 360 in the URL</a> scores it 9.8/10!!

And here, the reviewing of Mass Effect 2 is possibly the worst combination. It rides along on its story – something we can’t talk about in any detail for risk of spoilerising its many delights – while at the same time being as close to perfect as any game can conceivably come.
Close to perfect.
The same site states: "Worse than Fallout 3 10/10". If "9.8" is "as close to perfect as any game can conceivably come" what did the tester who did the Fallout 3 review smoke?

Herbert West

Arbiter
There's nothing horribly bad or incredibly good in this game, it's very medicore in fact and quite boring. Although playing it right after finishing DA, which was seriously good, raised my expectations.

LazyD

Liturgist
Herbert West said:
There's nothing horribly bad or incredibly good in this game, it's very medicore in fact and quite boring. Although playing it right after finishing DA, which was seriously good, raised my expectations.

There both equal steaming piles of shit..

2/10

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
ME2 beginning is one of the worst possible and is quite misleading for the entire game. But is definitely correct to say that DAO is a better game in almost any aspect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom