Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News First Mass Effect 2 Reviews

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
My girlfriend played Mass Effect for 3 minutes, grew a penis and ran screaming

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
In all seriousness I just watched the new star trek movie and am pretty pumped up to play this game. I've been saying from the beginning it will be FUCKING EXTREME and hopefully very entertaining

Just saw the two minute preview during the football norteamericano game. Bioware seems to have added a black guy to the elite squad with an accent straight out of East Flatbush. Nice to see Sheen reprise his role as president Stillson, too.

To those who have rushed to judge the game, refrain doing so until you get the Blood Dragon armor. It changes everything.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Chinese Jetpilot said:
To those who have rushed to judge the game, refrain doing so until you get the Blood Dragon armor. It changes everything.
I hope it looks exactly as in DA. Full Plate is still the best armor, Sci-Fi or not.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Chinese Jetpilot said:
I hope it looks exactly as in DA. Full Plate is still the best armor, Sci-Fi or not.

N00b it is called 'power armor' now. Spess Muhrines use it so it has to be good!

Herbert West

Arbiter
LazyD said:
Herbert West said:
There's nothing horribly bad or incredibly good in this game, it's very medicore in fact and quite boring. Although playing it right after finishing DA, which was seriously good, raised my expectations.

There both equal steaming piles of shit..

2/10

Yeah, right. Now you shall be highly respected on this forum for your deep insight and unmatched eloquence.

The Guardian Review

The original Mass Effect was a near-classic. The narrative and gripping combat of this sci-fi role-playing game (RPG) only let down by technical glitches. Mass Effect 2 fixes this and is a title that will appeal to a wide range of gamers, especially those who enjoy in-game conversation as much as combat.

Continuing where the original left off, Mass Effect 2 sees you guiding your Commander through a twisting plot and some great set pieces. This is very much an RPG though, with plenty of stats and text.
I've never seen such civilian reverence placed towards someone's rank as I've seen whenever Mass Effect articles arise. I used to joke about it, but it seems like they've taken this respect to a higher, stranger level. I get it: he gives the commands god damnit, thus he's the commander. Enough already.

Mass Effect 2 is a looker, too. The influences are pure retro sci-fi. So think the minimalist look of Star Wars and Space Odyssey. Blade Runner and X-Files are hinted at as well.
There goes the name dropping again. I cannot count how many times I've seen Blade Runner as a reference for this game.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
toro said:
ME2 beginning is one of the worst possible and is quite misleading for the entire game. But is definitely correct to say that DAO is a better game in almost any aspect.

Shocking. I thought nothing could be worse than DA:O

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom