Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fluent plays Enderal

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
lvVvc99.png

CSqivyQ.png

Deleted Member 16721

I've played Enderal. It's really good. It feels like Gothic 1 made on modified Skyrim engine.

That's the feeling I get too. Gothic made on the Skyrim/Oblviion engine (for Nehrim as well.)

agris

Arcane
Patron
I've played Enderal. It's really good. It feels like Gothic 1 made on modified Skyrim engine.

That's the feeling I get too. Gothic made on the Skyrim/Oblviion engine (for Nehrim as well.)
Is the availability of spells at vendors still gated by your own skill? Or is there some sort of actual gameplay mechanism to reinforce/penalize casting spells within/outside your skill range - rather than artificial gating of access to spells themselves?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I treat these threads more as statements rather than as actual posts for discussion. It's just to inform you that Fluent happens to be playing a certain game, he seems to play a lot of them.

Looking forward to a few "Fluent Finishes X" threads in a few years from now.

Deleted Member 16721

I like how some of the books and letters are even voice-acted. Too bad there isn't an option to have all books read to you. That would be dope.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Might as well...

Enderal is no doubt the best game Skyrim could be. Better leveling, better systems, even some actual challenge if you can believe it (well, at least playing a mage, if your mana runs out).
But most importantly: A story that actually grabs your attention (with some side quests doing the same). There's also no level scaling as far as I can tell, instead areas/quests have a fixed challenge that might very well be above your level.
And since it is now on Steam with the Workshop, some improvements to all of that can be had as well.

I cannot wait for Elder Scrolls 6, mostly because I want to see what these guys will do with it.

I agree. Nehrim was the same way, and is highly underrated (I barely see anyone mention it in 'best RPGs' threads or anything like that.) Nehrim was crazy good, flaws included. The lack of level-scaling and feeling of hand-placedness makes these games very fun to explore.

Well, I haven't tried Endreal, but I thought Nehrim was pretty bad.
No scaling but... kinda "this area is for level 5, this for 10 and this for 15". The only thing missing were neat fences surrounding each zone.
I think I liked base Skyrim more... and that's something.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like how some of the books and letters are even voice-acted. Too bad there isn't an option to have all books read to you. That would be dope.
Why the hell would you want that?
I read at least 2x faster than people voicing stuff. I always end up skipping at least half the voiced dialog because I'm already done with the subtitles/text.

Deleted Member 16721

Why the hell would you want that?
I read at least 2x faster than people voicing stuff. I always end up skipping at least half the voiced dialog because I'm already done with the subtitles/text.

I'm next level lazy bro, I don't want to read. :)

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Enderal is one of my biggest gaming letdowns of all time. Germans are about as good at making games as they are at making music and comedy. Which for you clueless millennials means they are terrible.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Might as well...

Enderal is no doubt the best game Skyrim could be. Better leveling, better systems, even some actual challenge if you can believe it (well, at least playing a mage, if your mana runs out).
But most importantly: A story that actually grabs your attention (with some side quests doing the same). There's also no level scaling as far as I can tell, instead areas/quests have a fixed challenge that might very well be above your level.
And since it is now on Steam with the Workshop, some improvements to all of that can be had as well.

I cannot wait for Elder Scrolls 6, mostly because I want to see what these guys will do with it.

I agree. Nehrim was the same way, and is highly underrated (I barely see anyone mention it in 'best RPGs' threads or anything like that.) Nehrim was crazy good, flaws included. The lack of level-scaling and feeling of hand-placedness makes these games very fun to explore.

Well, I haven't tried Endreal, but I thought Nehrim was pretty bad.

I lost any interest in playing Nehrim when I heard that your character plays a supporting role in the game helping some other asshole become god-like while you're expected to stand by him and smile and basically be his cabin boy/catamite, holding his sword throughout the game and cleaning his horseshit. Well, I, for one don't want to be playing any role playing game where it's the other guy who gets all the glory. Seems like an anti-RPG if you ask me. Only a hardened homosexual bottom would want to play something like this..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom