Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fluent plays Enderal

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

I lost any interest in playing Nehrim when I heard that your character plays a supporting role in the game helping some other asshole become god-like while you're expected to stand by him and smile and basically be his cabin boy/catamite, holding his sword throughout the game and cleaning his horseshit. Well, I, for one don't want to playing any role playing game where it's the other guy who gets all the glory. Seems like an anti-RPG if you ask me. Only a hardened homosexual bottom would want to play an RPG like this..

Ignoring most of your total ignorance and ridiculous comments, the game's story is unique and very good, and you get plenty of glory. What you mentioned is just part of it, it gets great as you subsequently beat the game and play all the very creative post-game content that lets you play beyond the actual 'end'. It's a fantastic game, one of the best RPGs ever made.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I lost any interest in playing Nehrim when I heard that your character plays a supporting role in the game helping some other asshole become god-like while you're expected to stand by him and smile and basically be his cabin boy/catamite, holding his sword throughout the game and cleaning his horseshit. Well, I, for one don't want to playing any role playing game where it's the other guy who gets all the glory. Seems like an anti-RPG if you ask me. Only a hardened homosexual bottom would want to play an RPG like this..

Ignoring most of your total ignorance and ridiculous comments, the game's story is unique and very good, and you get plenty of glory. What you mentioned is just part of it, it gets great as you subsequently beat the game and play all the very creative post-game content that lets you play beyond the actual 'end'. It's a fantastic game, one of the best RPGs ever made.

Well, TBH, I did play about 5 minutes of it and it wasn't terrible. There was a very large, very determined troll chasing me in the mines in the first minutes of the game that was slightly reminiscent of the werewolf trying to access the trolley in VtMB where you had no chance of defeating it one-on-one. Slightly. Maybe it's not THAT bad, but by the time I got around to playing Nehrim I was at the end of my modded Oblivion faze and had logged hundreds of hours in it so I was a bit burnt out.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I always had a fondness for that proto-techno-synthesized-artfag music pioneered by the germans so I think they have a good track record in making music ~We are the ro-BOTS~

Deleted Member 16721

Well, TBH, I did play about 5 minutes of it and it wasn't terrible. There was a very large, very determined troll chasing me in the mines in the first minutes of the game that was slightly reminiscent of the werewolf trying to access the trolley in VtMB where you had no chance of defeating it one-on-one. Slightly. Maybe it's not THAT bad, but by the time I got around to playing Nehrim I was at the end of my modded Oblivion faze and had logged hundreds of hours in it so I was a bit burnt out.

It's well worth going back when you're not burned out and playing through it - it's an excellent game as I've said. The troll is unkillable I believe but it's just a set-piece encounter to start the game. But it's worth if you like Gothic-style games and open-worlds that are more handcrafted and non-level scaled.

Deleted Member 16721

The game is great, I'm 30 hours in and just scratching the surface. It's a world built like Gothic 2 or something similar, with lots of nooks and crannies and things to find off the beaten trail. Character development is fun in that it's also like a Gothic game and takes time to get stronger, and your skills don't go up with use, only training. There's lots of spells and ways to fight in the game and the story and voice acting is really top-notch stuff. I haven't been this intrigued in an RPG story in quite awhile, it's really interesting. Overall this is a great game, just as good as Nehrim which I consider one of the best RPGs ever made. I heard that Enderal also has postgame content like Nehrim did, so that's another plus in my book. Check it out if you haven't already!

Deleted Member 16721

Where did you hear that? I'm very certain that's not true.

I heard it from a friend that Forgotten Stories adds postgame content. So it's not true? Nehrim had awesome postgame content.

Geckabor

Savant
I heard it from a friend that Forgotten Stories adds postgame content. So it's not true? Nehrim had awesome postgame content.

Forgotten Stories adds new quests and quite of few of them are designed (or at least end) with high level characters in mind.
Sort of a spoiler,
but the story of Enderal doesn't really make content after the main story possible. The DLC also adds a secret ending.

Incendax

Augur
Mods need to seriously merge this into a “Fluent Plays...” megathread.
Would be easier on Fluent too. He won’t need to search through 40+ bookmarks to find his latest thread.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Personally I like the idea of a total conversion mod for Oblivion/Skyrim because I was never crazy about Elder Scrolls lore except for all those ancient and deeply hidden subterranean Ayleid ruins of a long dead elven race that could only be accessed through magic that were spectacularly creepy at times. I might just play Nehrim and Enderal since a lot of hand-crafted effort went into them. Right now I'm playing Pathfinder Kingmaker though so maybe someday.

Incendax

Augur
More honest question (since I’m lazy).
As a fan of the Requiem mod, how does Enderal compare difficulty wise?
And did they ever update it to Skyrim SE?

Deleted Member 16721

I'm not quitting the game, I'm 30 hours in and enjoying it. Going to keep playing for now.

More honest question (since I’m lazy).
As a fan of the Requiem mod, how does Enderal compare difficulty wise?
And did they ever update it to Skyrim SE?

No, it uses the old Skyrim, but difficulty wise it's similar. Same handcrafted world with no level-scaling, easy to die on Master so you have to utilize all of your perk tree points. It's very similar overall to Nehrim but obviously a bit prettier in the Skyrim engine and all. Same ideas, though.

Deleted Member 16721

This... Why should people participate in these threads if you're going to quit playing after a few days.

At least play a masochist game like Daggerfall so that people can enjoy your suffering.

It's just a light thread about discussing the game. I'm not necessarily quitting any of them yet, I may in fact go back to them, all of them. I still plan on a proper Keep on the Borderlands playthrough, and KotC I might revisit, etc.. But it's just a fun thread to talk about games instead of the usual nonsense. And I've stuck with this one for a good chunk already and plan on keeping going.

Deleted Member 16721

You should quit shitty Enderal and play something good. KOTC was good.

KotC was good, but I'm intrigued by Enderal right now. I still may go back and play more. I think I'd rather play ToEE for that turn-based D&D fix though.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Enderal is super shit. Nehrim is better and even that is pretty meh. ToEE is great but I think Pathfinder more or less makes it obsolete. Have you played Icewind Dale 1 and 2?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom