Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For Honor

Melcar

Arcane
Trying to convince my kid brother not to get this right now and wait for an eventual special sale and the fixes. Truth be told, the Gold Edition or whatever is rather cheap comparability speaking on Steam.

tormund

Arcane
Your advice is of poor value indeed, for the game is more than fairly priced for what it offers. Not to mention that it is bound to grow in a same manner that Siege did, so that it would be wise for lad to jump in as soon as possible in order to hone his competitive skills.
Kodex encourages everyone to acquire a copy of this most excellent title.

tormund

Arcane
That too is a valid mystical path, that losing of oneself in Nature that is symbolized by that gif. One of my favorite writers, Algernon Blackwood, was quite partial to it and often featured such motifs in his fiction. Indeed, even though he is remembered as a horror writer, his fiction often had eminently positive spiritual subtext.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
In B4 this game is dead in 4 months, just like the hundreds of FOTM multiplayer games to come out in the past 3 years.

Of course, this trend has *nothing* to do with twitch being used as a shilling platform for game devs.

197340.jpg

sullynathan

Arcane
In B4 this game is dead in 4 months, just like the hundreds of FOTM multiplayer games to come out in the past 3 years.

Of course, this trend has *nothing* to do with twitch being used as a shilling platform for game devs.

197340.jpg
Or it could grow and be even bigger in a year like siege.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The campaign is as Cyberarmy said, a long tutorial, that shows you several classes and some of the consumable abilities. Not terrible, not good. The only interesting thing about it is its max difficulty level that makes you play the game without the UI (you have to read the opponent movements to know where the hit is coming from).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok, so campaign is meh and there's not much more singleplayer beyond that?

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
You can play the entire game (including the multiplayer) without having to fight any human player. There are some modes that probably get you some other players into your team for PvE, but that's it.

Hellion

Arcane
Got my review copy of the game today and I have to say that I haven't really encountered any of the server issues people claim to have...

Time to amend my statement. Dominion mode PVP (one of the three 4vs4 modes) is virtually unplayable 90% of the time due to constant disconnects, people being dropped out and replaced by bots, or the matchmaker simply refusing to find a match.

Other than that, the rest of the modes seem to work fine. Bigest incentive to keep playing as far as I'm concerned is to earn enough War Assets and lead my Knight brethren deep into the lands of the weeaboos in the Faction War meta-game. :salute:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Bigest incentive to keep playing as far as I'm concerned is to earn enough War Assets and lead my Knight brethren deep into the lands of the weeaboos in the Faction War meta-game. :salute:

That is truly a noble cause,Deus Vult :salute:

Gerrard

Arcane
Other than that, the rest of the modes seem to work fine. Bigest incentive to keep playing as far as I'm concerned is to earn enough War Assets and lead my Knight brethren deep into the lands of the weeaboos in the Faction War meta-game. :salute:
You'll be happy to know that anything you do in the faction war is completely meaningless and the victor is decided purely by the time of day at which the last round ends, as shown by the previous beta tests.

mkF0VSY.png

cannondwarf

Scholar
If you care at all about the campaign you've misunderstood the purpose of the game, which is 1v1 duels.
Is that why 1v1 duels are where the game's biggest flaws come to light? Interesting.
Defensive and reactive playstyles reign supreme at high level, is this what you mean by flaws? Because I honestly can't think of anything else. All other modes except 2v2 brawl are garbage.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
I can't agree with you. Duel is by far my favourite mode, although I play all of them (reward and missions systems are a great incentive).

Gerrard

Arcane
If you care at all about the campaign you've misunderstood the purpose of the game, which is 1v1 duels.
Is that why 1v1 duels are where the game's biggest flaws come to light? Interesting.
Defensive and reactive playstyles reign supreme at high level, is this what you mean by flaws? Because I honestly can't think of anything else. All other modes except 2v2 brawl are garbage.
The only thing that is garbage here is the combat system.
Dominion is the only mode that actually has some strategy involved (and is actually what the game was designed around).

cannondwarf

Scholar
The only thing that is garbage here is the combat system.
Dominion is the only mode that actually has some strategy involved (and is actually what the game was designed around).
That sounds suspiciously like something someone who's bad at the game would say.

Gerrard

Arcane
Someone who is actually good at the game realizes how shit the combat system is. So either you're a shitter or you think that the staring contest gameplay is good and requires skill. Either way you're retarded.

tormund

Arcane
In order to be good at the game you need to appreciate its combat system. Your first sentence makes no sense from the get go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom