Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Forged of Blood - turn-based tactical fantasy RPG

Martyr

Arcane
CritiestBunny congrats on the release!
is the game also coming out on itch.io, or is the steam version already DRM free?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is one of those TBs where you miss 10 times in a row with 75% of a hit while the AI cheats and hits you while ignoring distance and obstacles :roll:

PS:Just rage quitted because of that shit....also it is slow....i dream of an TB game without stupid animations!

CritiestBunny

Critical Forge
Developer
Thanks for sharing the news guys! It's been an exciting day here at the Forge.

is the game also coming out on itch.io, or is the steam version already DRM free?

Thank you and the Steam version is already DRM free as well, but we haven't had time to get on itch.io yet - trying to get this thing release ready and fixing it as we go is my main priority.

Is it GUD?

I think so, but I'm biased so don't take my word for it.

It is one of those TBs where you miss 10 times in a row with 75% of a hit while the AI cheats and hits you while ignoring distance and obstacles :roll:

PS:Just rage quitted because of that shit....also it is slow....i dream of an TB game without stupid animations!

Sorry about that, we have contemplated doing the X-Com thing and padding the player percentage numbers to not disappoint people's expectations on hit chances, but we decided against it as that would be misleading the player. We will be watching this closely to see if we need to adjust, but I would also like to assure you that the AI does not cheat. As for the speed, there are speed adjustment options both in the tactical and strategic layers on the top right of the screen.

And finally, we have gameplay settings that allow you to adjust Hit chance, HP, Damage, Magurite control, and gold because also understand that not everyone is comfortable with the difficulty levels we've set as our "standard" gameplay. I hope you'll give it another chance or find a bit more enjoyment once you adjust the game to however you'd like it to be.

Our philosophy is to present our vision for the game but to also give you guys the freedom to play how you want it, so have fun and experiment! I personally love super low HP mode for all, as it makes the game more tactical in combat.

Ranarama

Learned
The dev ignored the slow animations in a TB game? Does every damn dev on the planet share this massive blindspot? With camera zooming in and pissing about. It's egregious in this game.

Martyr

Arcane
Thanks for sharing the news guys! It's been an exciting day here at the Forge.

Thank you and the Steam version is already DRM free as well, but we haven't had time to get on itch.io yet - trying to get this thing release ready and fixing it as we go is my main priority.

thank you, that's all I needed to know!

fvzohZ4.jpg

damn, my internet sucks. :|

CritiestBunny

Critical Forge
Developer
Probably going to pick this up later.
About how long would you say the game is, CritiestBunny ?

A single play through from start to the completion of the endgame should take around 30-40 hours if you follow our settings. That should allow you complete one of the three arcs or go nuts on conquest if you want. That said, you're unlikely to go through the other 2 arcs and see the other content as well. We think it'll take a few runs to see all the content I wrote.

Congrats, guys!

Uh, no release day discount? Isn't that standard these days?

Ah yea, we didn't plan on having one. I really hope that we present a good enough game to earn your time :)

thank you, that's all I needed to know!

Thanks for support!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Dont waste your time on fantadomat, he is a dumbfuck for a reason. also he never buys games, so he has no right to complain anyway.
Do i know you? It seems that you know about my superiority trough my tags,but i still have no idea who you are and what you fight for.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:nocountryforshitposters:

Ok the timed quests are broken and stupid,a few such quests will be fine,but 90% of quests are such. The biggest problem is they the number of days and their positioning seems to be random lol. Most of them are broken because you can't get to them even if you go for them as fast as possible. Even one of the story is broken one,i need 60 days to get the noble woman to my castle,but the game just gave me 28

Soooo is there a cheatengine table about instant travel?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I've been getting updates for so long that I forgot the KS actually failed. Damn it, now I guess I have to buy it. :P

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
My first (shit)post and one line review:

Microsoft Project - The RPG. MS-Project is well known for its arcane and obtuse interface, this game is about on par with that. There is a decent game it looks like buried under the spreadsheet simulator.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My first (shit)post and one line review:

Microsoft Project - The RPG. MS-Project is well known for its arcane and obtuse interface, this game is about on par with that. There is a decent game it looks like buried under the spreadsheet simulator.
It is not really that the UI is bad, but you end up reallocating points for characters a lot, between the 2 weapon proficency points + general skill you get for each combat

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom