Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Forged of Blood - turn-based tactical fantasy RPG

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Infinitron, Oct 19, 2016.

1. SausageInYourFace Codexian Sausage Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. SausageInYourFace Codexian Sausage Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    AFAIK Codex campaigns only happen if the KS is at 100% or at least very close, otherwise it would be too much hassle. Also, there needs to be enough community interest. I reckon Infinitron is the guy you want to speak to once your KS is about to succeed, even though its DU who ultimately calls the shots.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. joesys Critical Forge Patron Developer

joesys
    That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the information. I think for the moment, we will concentrate on making our KS successful first before contacting Infinitron or DU

Thanks,
    -Joe

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. HoboForEternity In every buttons you press Patron

HoboForEternity
    it's not live yet? i thought it would be on in worktime in WIB

^ Top  
  5. CritiestBunny Critical Forge Developer

CritiestBunny
    Should be live in a couple hours - we're setting a couple other things to go with it as well (Greenlight, Thunderclap, and a bunch of videos on the YouTubes).

Hehe, we can't wait!

^ Top  
  6. CritiestBunny Critical Forge Developer

CritiestBunny
    OK ok this is happening, for real. Aaaaargh!

Kickstarter Live Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/criticalforge/forged-of-blood

Greenlight Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877620687'

Imgur Link: http://imgur.com/gallery/MwkSG

I cannot fully express in my limited vocabulary just what this moment feels like at the studio... thank you guys for your support here and please please help us get the word out. It's in a intense few weeks, I'm pretty sure I bit someone... But this was all worth it to see it all come together. I hope we don't disappoint you guys!

Press Release Copied and Pasted Below

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • incline incline x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. SausageInYourFace Codexian Sausage Patron

SausageInYourFace
    You guys asking for a lot of money in these times of ever lower kickstarter returns but you sure have a lot to show for. Magic system looks intriguing, indeed. 'Personality index' and 'personality plot, too. Looking forward to hear more about those in the updates. Good luck! :salute:

PS: Your music is bredy gud also!

^ Top  
  8. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    I noticed I left a random negative comment 2 pages down, I don't even remember why.. might be I was posting about another game in a wrong topic :D

Anyways, this game and KS look nice. It helps that 1 US$ is 1.4 singapour $ so I will probably join this KS :)
    Game seems to be some mix of Battle Brothers and Expeditions games but looks graphically better than BB.

I hope some of that KS monies for voice acting can go into spellcasting sounds as well. Also that Fireball looks more like Fire rain. I hope you understand that CritiestBunny

^ Top  
  9. AbounI Arcane Patron

AbounI
    Backed as a loyalist, I would have like to help much, but times are hard :(

^ Top  
  10. Drowed Arcane

Drowed
    The game looks reallly, really good, but with the underwhelming reception of the current kickstarters... I guess it may hurt your project. And that's sad.

I will try to pledge with my next salary, but I don't know if I'll have the money then - $15 is kinda doable after converting from USD, but $25 or more is way too much for me. 3rd world and all that. But good luck!

^ Top  
  11. HoboForEternity In every buttons you press Patron

HoboForEternity
    backed.

it's only the loyalist pledge but plan to spend alot this month, so next month if there aren't much stuff that i need or want, i will up the pledge

^ Top  
  12. kris Arcane

kris
    The map kind of look like these guys know what they are doing as far as world building go. As a Mapophile it certainly look better than the average one with both imagination and feasibility. Although I only seen a small version of it.

^ Top  
  13. Milo Critical Forge Developer

Milo
    Thank you! Anything and everything is appreciated. We hope you will enjoy playing the game as much as we have!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Milo Critical Forge Developer

Milo
    Thank you for your contribution! Every bit helps.

^ Top  
  15. Milo Critical Forge Developer

Milo
    You were likely more sceptical early on and that is understandable. I hope with the progress we have shown over the last few months, your doubts have been allayed a bit.

One of the goals for the kickstarter is to help us expand our ability to express our magic and yes, sfx is definitely one area we want to focus on. As for the fireball, well, that label is mine so I guess I should be blamed for it. The reality is that our spells don't have names in that each spell is individually crafted and can be named by the crafted. When I made that spell for the PAX Demo, I lazily called it fireball. I could take fire rain into consideration though :)

Thanks for your support as well! If you have any questions about the mechanics of the game, please don't hesitate to ask!

^ Top  
  16. CritiestBunny Critical Forge Developer

CritiestBunny
    Haha yea, "Fireball" was just an internal term to describe it for the mechanics, but the way we designed the spell creation basically makes it fire rain over an area of effect :P

The Kickstarter is off to an awesome start, and we want to thank all of you here! Please keep sharing and pushing this out there.

^ Top  
  17. clemens Arbiter Patron

clemens
    Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    The game seems like it might be fine and it looks like this S$ stuff is cheap, I'll throw you some monies.

^ Top  
  18. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    Looks earnest. You have my dosh

^ Top  
  19. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Can someone preview the game?

^ Top  
  20. Milo Critical Forge Developer

Milo
    Hello! If some one goes to PAX East this weekend, they can play a demo build we are showing.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Ismaul Arcane Patron

Ismaul
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    I'm so happy someone thought of making an RPG that appeals to my "modern sensibilities".

Sounds interesting, though.

^ Top  
  22. Jimmious Arcane Patron

Jimmious
    I pledged, the game looks really good for my taste. I'm a bit pessimistic about reaching the goal though...but I wish you the best in any case

^ Top  
  23. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Yes, support worthy :)

Pledged, of course.
    But 150k for a first timer project is not possible any more on KS outside of mainstream genres, IMO.
    Many struggle hitting 50k.

^ Top  
  24. Milo Critical Forge Developer

Milo
    Thank you both for your support!

Well, we recognise that with the decline interest in kickstarter game projects because of past projects not delivering on what they promised, it will be more difficult for us to meet our target. However, we have gone over the numbers and believe that is what we need to do what we are promising to do with the additional funds. We are not looking for resources to complete the project as we have already put that up ourselves, but we are looking to add some of the features that we had to cut due to limited resources. We will have a fun game either way but more FX and sfx for the magic, voice acting, depth to the narrative branches, etc., we can make the game better. If we were to ask for less, we wouldn't have the resources to do what we are promising to do and that, to us, would be worse than not getting funds from kickstarter. We take our commitment seriously and look to under promise and over deliver and that is why we have the target we have.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Milo Critical Forge Developer

Milo
    On a side note, RPG Codex was the first site to take an interest in our project and has showed support for us for about half a year now. I am not the most eloquent so I'll just say that we truly appreciate it.

If anyone is going to PAX East, please stop by our booth and try out the game. I've spent at least 80 hours testing the progressing build over the last few weeks and it's already quite fun to play.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)