Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fortnite BR

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Anybody playing this game? It's p fun for a free game. PUBG better though

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
How can someone play this without getting eye cancer? The graphics are horrible.

Not to even mention that as always epic can't even get close to utilizing their own fucking engine as good as a bunch of no name scrubs. The game just feels off to me, like ut3.

Also don't forget to buy all those loot boxes before they run out of stock.

:russiastronk:

Comrade Goby

Magister
You don't need to spend a cent to be at the same level. Also this runs way better than pubg.

Where all my battle royale codexers at?

Ash

Arcane
I really want the "Up Yours!" button but I ain't paying for that loot box.

So,

images
:D

Nirvash

Liturgist
Is a very "arcade" pubg.

The wall spam is insane, make for a kind of unique gunplay. (good and bad)

Comrade Goby

Magister
Without the building it would be bad but having that makes fights more skill based

And I love my RPG's but a good one only gets made about once a decade so I need to jump into other genres

mck

Cipher
One thing that Fortnite has over PUBG is that the majority of the people I encounter in Fortnite speak English, whereas in PUBG I have only encountered 1 person who spoke English in my 8 hours of playtime. Also, PUBG doesn't have text chat which is stupid for a game that requires communication.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The game has potential to be pretty good. The main problem is feedback the game gets is filled with 99% absolute worst kind of casuals that have no fucking clue and just spams forums/reddit with dumb shit while down-voting any good balancing suggestions.

Cartoony graphics isn't a style choice, it is a really smart optimization choice as they age and run 100000000x better then realistic counterparts. If WOW didn't do what they did they game would be unbearably ugly today (14 years later). No one cares about your not manly/adult enough insecurities

The main problem with building is you can build 30 walls PER MATERIAL which is unbelievably poorly thought out. If everyone had the same small amount of materials to build a few things, building could be way more interesting in terms of decision making. Right now it is just flat out obnoxiously broken braindead mechanic that allows baddies to win games. I think trump funded this game tbh.

Another thing that allows baddies to win game is the fact that basically the only gun until recently that was remotely viable was shotgun which is now supplemented with smg. Everything else is complete rng pray and spray bullshit no matter how much you stand still, crouch, and clench your buttcheeks.

In short it follows the trend of throwing 1000x features, guns, heroes at a game every month instead of sitting down and making solid balanced core mechanics and narrowing the gap between baddies and skilled players so that shitters can occasionally win and feel good about themselves.

Last edited:

Comrade Goby

Magister
Sounds like thou needs to get gud

Rifles to head are great

The guns are situational

Nirvash

Liturgist
At "pro" level, the game is literally 1/3 fps and 2/3 minecraft.

Even massive towers/forts/labyrinths out of nowhere in like 5 seconds.

Irata

Scholar
Some dude and a famous rapper playing this game had over 600,000 people watching on Twitch. The streamer supposedly got thousands of subscribers which makes him at least $2.50 for each one. The future of entertainment ladies and gentlemen.

Jokzore

Arbiter
I guess battle royale games are the new collectable card hero-shooter games.
ftfy

MMORPGs, mobas, card games, hero shooters and now battle royale, the fads seem to be speeding up.

Maybe one day we'll make a full circle and get back to RTS.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
The popularity of playing CCGs hasn't died but their creation is petering out, there are a couple more on the way I think but you'd be fucking nuts to try to compete as a developer even now really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom