Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fortnite BR

grimace

Arcane
A few thoughts regarding my experience with Fortnite:

• I play solo
  • I reach final 10
  • then the game is no longer a fun FPS

The resource gathering and "fort" building in the end doesn't inspire excitement in me like pubg does.

(I don't play pubg because the game is not optimized yet and runs laggy. I can reach top 10 and then get shot in the head.)

tldr: I'm a casual battle royaler and play occassionally

Astral Rag

Arcane
maxresdefault.jpg

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Skips Google Play on Android, like a boss: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...e-on-android-doesnt-use-google-play-confirmed

Why not just use the pre-existing store instead of making players jump through hoops?

On open platforms like PC, Mac, and Android, Epic's goal is to bring its games directly to customers. We believe gamers will benefit from competition among software sources on Android. Competition among services gives consumers lots of great choices and enables the best to succeed based on merit.

Is this just a way for Epic to keep the 30 per cent that Google would take if you were on Play?

Avoiding the 30 per cent "store tax" is a part of Epic's motivation. It's a high cost in a world where game developers' 70 per cent must cover all the cost of developing, operating, and supporting their games. And it's disproportionate to the cost of the services these stores perform, such as payment processing, download bandwidth, and customer service. We're intimately familiar with these costs from our experience operating Fortnite as a direct-to-customer service on PC and Mac.

Btw, a bit old news but Tim Sweeney is now a billionaire: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fortnite-studio-founder-is-now-a-billionaire-repor/1100-6460747/

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Can't blame them, and since Fortnite is so big they WILL get away with it.

RolePlayer

Augur
The game has potential to be pretty good. The main problem is feedback the game gets is filled with 99% absolute worst kind of casuals that have no fucking clue and just spams forums/reddit with dumb shit while down-voting any good balancing suggestions.

Cartoony graphics isn't a style choice, it is a really smart optimization choice as they age and run 100000000x better then realistic counterparts. If WOW didn't do what they did they game would be unbearably ugly today (14 years later). No one cares about your not manly/adult enough insecurities

The main problem with building is you can build 30 walls PER MATERIAL which is unbelievably poorly thought out. If everyone had the same small amount of materials to build a few things, building could be way more interesting in terms of decision making. Right now it is just flat out obnoxiously broken braindead mechanic that allows baddies to win games. I think trump funded this game tbh.

Another thing that allows baddies to win game is the fact that basically the only gun until recently that was remotely viable was shotgun which is now supplemented with smg. Everything else is complete rng pray and spray bullshit no matter how much you stand still, crouch, and clench your buttcheeks.

In short it follows the trend of throwing 1000x features, guns, heroes at a game every month instead of sitting down and making solid balanced core mechanics and narrowing the gap between baddies and skilled players so that shitters can occasionally win and feel good about themselves.

stfu

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I did, but recently I haven't played much. I was playing way more in Seasons 5, 6 & 7, but got burned out and played very little in Season 8.

Andhaira

Arcane
This game any good? I need something mindless to help me unwind, and I got bored with overwatch last year. The graphics make me think it'll run fine on my old RoG laptop rig.

I'm leery about building shit, I just want mindless gunz and killing

Tehdagah

Arcane
This game any good? I need something mindless to help me unwind, and I got bored with overwatch last year. The graphics make me think it'll run fine on my old RoG laptop rig.

I'm leery about building shit, I just want mindless gunz and killing
The game requires a lot of thinking, if you just want mindless fun then you will be frustrated.

ebPD8PePfC

Savant
I really feel for the workers, it must suck to join this industry in hopes of making kaiju vs mecha games, only to animate Youtube e-celebs dances for months on end.

Tehdagah

Arcane

There's now a black hole on the screen with random numbers popping once in a while.

Bonus:

Q96UxI2.png

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My dad would have beat my ass if he ever saw me get that worked up about a videogame. In fact, he did several times, hence why I don't anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom