Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Fourteen Reasons to Hate Mass Effect 2

Phelot

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Black said:

You mean we liked the first chapter of that mess. Meanwhile, the rest of the world thought Risen was a turd from the start. A similar thing is happening with AP.

When the codex isn't being negative, it's being contrarian.

Can't say anything for AP, but Risen was blasted by journalists for all the wrong reasons. Mainly the difficulty, the fact that you can't go everywhere at once because enemies are more powerful, and graphics (on the PC) supposedly being outdated.

Generally speaking, the game got above mediocre ratings for the most part, which I think is fair. The game isn't groundbreaking.

Black

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
It declined at a steady rate.
Really, care to elaborate? Pre act III.
Well, what you think about them is irrelevant.
And what other people who just happen to disprove your "theories" think is also irrelevant.
Blah blah, skyway at least is amusing
Yes, why won't you try as hard as he does?

deuxhero

Arcane
commie said:
Actually you don't have to search for it. I put it up on another thread(shameless cross promotion). Here it is: "If you are presenting a villain in a pirate game, give the villain the look of a pirate that the player has seen in movies, such as a character with a black curly mustache. The player will immediately know it’s a villain." Find the whole shit here: http://venturebeat.com/2010/03/12/game- ... al-gamers/

"If you want a blatant villain, go with the mustache"

I don't get what's wrong with that.

relootz

Scholar
I played the game half an hour, it reeks of console trash with its annoying cover third person system.

Disgusting.

relootz

Scholar
Hey Ck maybe you should do like usual and just post 4chan images, it worked before.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
DraQ said:
Pussies. Like if you need reasons to hate something.
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

Dionysus

Scholar
VentilatorOfDoom said:
A few months after their enthusiastic review of Mass Effect 2 Explicit Gamer now discovered that they actually hate the game.
Are you suggesting that different contributors to that website actually have different opinions?!? This is an outrage!

hoochimama

Liturgist
It's a critique article obviously meant to be funny, not really a 180 spin on the website's part nor , I think, the author's sincere opinion.(considering oblivion is listed as a fav)

Some stuff I agree with(scanning minigame, ammo type skills+retconning) but you could chuck criticism about t&a ,cardboard characters and fluff consequences at just about any popular title for cheap laughs.

Silellak said:
Fourteen Reasons to Hate Mass Effect 2 GameBanshee is Desperate for Traffic.

Did you misread the newspost or are you criticizing GB and the codex for posting this?

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Clockwork Knight said:
You mean we liked the first chapter of that mess.
The review posted on the main page stated that Risen is good as a whole game, not only the beginning. Of course, the official Codex review doesn't have to be representative for most of the Codexers but this time many posters found it spot on and didn't have anything to add but "I agree with pretty much everything".

Btw, I found the later chapters even more interesting than the beginning, mainly because they were exploration-oriented and this is the area where PB always deliver.

Cassidy

Arcane
I'm counting down for the flip-flop of most Codex users who posted positively about Mass Effect 2 and Alpha Protocol in 2 months.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Meh, I'll come out and say it: I like Alpha Protocol. I don't think 2 months time will change that either. If anything, time makes me like a game more, not less.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Cassidy said:
I'm counting down for the flip-flop of most Codex users who posted positively about Mass Effect 2 and Alpha Protocol in 2 months.
Too bad nobody has ever backed up such statement with quotes. It always are mysterious "posters", "a hivemind" and never examples of real posters.

Micmu

Magister
relootz said:
I played the game half an hour, it reeks of console trash with its annoying cover third person system.

Disgusting.
Same here, except that I endured it for 4 hours.

However that experience pretty much let me know where the Codex is now. :)
It's absolutely no different than GameFAGs or any xbrick gaming site, btw., just OF COURSE CODEX IS BETTER

MetalCraze

Arcane
We are totally underground man. Like Apple. Not like those IGN/Gamespot consoletards, we are like totally different and intelligent elite.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Cassidy said:
Can't speak for anyone else, but I enjoy Alpha Protocol for what is, a low-end mediocre action game with some interesting skills, cute dialogue, and reactivity. Sure I wish the consequences were a bit more ass-biting to make up for the ho-hum gameplay, but I guess that's too much to ask for in a mainstream title.

Black

Arcane
micmu said:
relootz said:

Disgusting.
Same here, except that I endured it for 4 hours.

However that experience pretty much let me know where the Codex is now. :)
It's absolutely no different than GameFAGs or any xbrick gaming site, btw., just OF COURSE CODEX IS BETTER
No, no, what makes us different is that we have faithful users, who oppose the "hivemind" by... always saying the opposite of what this imaginary "hivemind" says.
Gamefags with a twist!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom