Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Franko the Crazy Revenge returns.

spectre

Arcane
Hopefully this time you can't beat the entire game by just spamming the special attack + ground and pound finishing move ad nauseam.

I found the feature list lulzy, specifically:
- Like in the previous game, enemies will appear on the left and right side of the screen!
did...+did+you+just+roll+a+sweetroll+_5e0c19d247199d42683ca82789c46669.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Thinking about going for 50 potatos and writing "Chorzów żąda dostępu do morza", although that shirt + physical edishun for 90 potato is also tempting.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I would love to play this game as I love beat-em ups in the style of Double Dragon :D

Seeing this has me seriously considering throwing money their way:

4_%20Franko2%20(c)2014%20World%20Software.jpg

That move Franko is using remains one of my favorites from Double Dragon.

Aaaaaaaannnnd done :D

1524628_376970742442751_398341829_n.jpg

Went for the 70 PLN tier so I could name an enemy :D

Last edited:

Strig

Learned
:necro:

Soooo... this is still a thing. In the meantime the devs changed the game's title to Skinny & Franko: Fists of Violence. I'll be frank(o), the name's rubbish, but it's the least of their problems. They're getting slapped with a lawsuit from the people who donated their hard earned money to the project way back when. Pretty understandable as they seemingly don't even have any functioning game mechanics after all this time (maybe the powers-that-be should change the tag to vaporware?). I fed this article through a translator for your amusement:

https://polskigamedev.pl/franko-2-jest-zawiadomienie-o-mozliwosci-popelnienia-przestepstwa/

The fact that... the production is actually being made adds spice to the matter.

The fundraising for Franko 2: Revenge is back might have been forgotten, as 38.6 thousand PLN was donated to the project over 7.5 years ago!

However, it has not been forgotten by the members of The Company - Classic Amig Games community, who, not being able to reclaim their money (1510 PLN), decided to take legal action. As we read in the extensive entry, initially The Company was sympathetic to the initiative (original spelling):

"From the media coverage, we got the impression that a serious company with its programming background was behind the project - we mean the wspieram.to group. At that time it was still a little known company, which became famous thanks to the Franko 2 campaign. To emphasize the seriousness, the project was signed by the authors of Franko 1: among others Mr Tomasz Tomaszek. We found out that the game is on the half-way point, quote "there is really not much missing for its release". It was felt that it is enough that the collection is successful and at the end of 2014 the game will be released"

However, this did not happen. So already in 2016 The Company began to demand a refund, but support.to and the producers reportedly began to shift responsibility. So, a few days ago, the collectors decided to report suspected fraud by the company to law enforcement.

"After 5 years, in June 2021 we said: THIS CAN'T HAPPEN. We are afraid that we may have been victims of fraud, not only us, but also all other people who donated money to the support.to Franko 2 project. For The Company it is not a norm and pattern to scam money and prey on people's sentiment - we strongly condemn and condemn such behaviour! We are afraid that the lack of further reaction from our side could make those involved feel unpunished and do the scam again in the future".

The history of the project was, indeed, very eventful. Over the years, there were changes of engine, programmers, and finally: the developer (finally the walking brawler will be produced by Blue Sunset Games) and... the name (Skinny & Franko: Fists of Violence). The new studio decided to prepare the game from scratch. (As a consolation: not only for PC, but also for PS4, XBO and Switch).

"Franko 2, which you know from the campaign on support.to, was ploughed because, despite the passage of several years, the developers could not deliver the quality that the creators of the original and the fans would be satisfied with. Ba, as I found out, there wasn't even a combat system developed despite several years of work".

- explained two years ago in an interview for "PSX Extreme" Mariusz Pawluk, graphic designer and co-creator of the original.

In March, the authors even invited for the first playtests...

...which, however, had to be postponed due to the pandemic.
They, of course, blamed the pandemic for their latest delays. What would the vapormaisters do without the Great Coof. On August 6th the lead dev, or whoever the fuck he is, published a novel-length post on their Plebsbook profile which reads like a whiny memoir of a middle-aged has-been neck deep in an existential crisis. A solid portion of this literary masterpiece is dedicated to the name "Franko", why it sucks and how he doesn't want to ride the nostalgia wave. A load of bollocks.

Franko can be used as an interactive map of early 90's Szczecin.
Even Klocek supposedly was loosely inspired by a real person.

Metalofce, kibole Pogoni Szczecin, którzy kroili ludzi na koncertach są inspiracją.

Honestly, Franko has better enemies then 99% of beat'em ups: policemen, military, ZOMO dudes, skinheads, punks (some of them shows theirs dicks and screams 'SMELL IT'!), there is even Hitler!

Oh, and 'Spadaj Pierdoło' guys.

Last edited:
Poland ov '90 is pretty uniqe setting, only games that used it besides Franko: Target, Rezerwowe Psy, Wacki: Kosmiczna Rozgrywka.

Back in the day polish gaming had identity.

This thread made me return to Doman to finally finish it.

Damn, chopping heads in this geam is FUN. Gameplay is just like Franko, clunky a bit but once you get used to it, it doesn't matter. I'll take it over Goldex Axe any day as I take Franko over early beat'em ups like Final Fight, Double Dragon or Streets of Rage.

BTW I've noticed that Gothar (Ardan's bro) is just a Klocek in medieval clothes and 'spirit' of Franko that randomly shows up during cutscenes only cofirms it.

Strig

Learned
The trailer dropped a few months back. It looks rough as fuck but who am I kidding, I'm still going to give it a try. They decided to write all the background graffiti in English which definitely robs the game of its slavjank roots. It's kind of pointless, I really doubt it's going to do well outside of the Land of Po.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
graffiti in English
is this game made by former Blooper (The Medium) team?
Because it had similar issue - game took place in pre-89 Potato and everything was in English...

Strig

Learned
graffiti in English
is this game made by former Blooper (The Medium) team?
Because it had similar issue - game took place in pre-89 Potato and everything was in English...
I doubt anyone even semi-competent works on Franko. :lol:
I don't get it, people play these games to feel that Central/Eastern Euro atmosphere and I doubt anglicising the surroundings broadens the audience but it sure as hell detracts from the overall experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom