Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Frostpunk - ice age city builder from This War Of Mine devs

oscar

Arcane

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmmmm, was really hyped for this game, but after I watched their latest video I got the feeling that the game will be rather short, and not the builder I hope it would be. So I checked out their Steam forum and found this thread.
Apparently it will not be a city builder in the traditional sense, more of a survival for 40 days or something like that, that will last you between 10-15 hours. I was ready to get into this, but I don't think I will buy it now. Sure, it could be a nice experience, but my mind was set on a classic city builder/manager. Take this a warning if you were thinking like me and missed out on this information.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Hmmm. I hope this will eventually turn into a city builder/manager with some sort of end goal of expanding a certain amount. Gives you an end screen that shows what your choices meant long term, and then gives you the option of continuing. Or allows for some sort of free play mode like a city manager type game.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
was really hyped for this game, but after I watched their latest video I got the feeling that the game will be rather short, and not the builder I hope it would be.

Yes. I was assailed by the same doubt, too.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
61nQB8B.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/games/323190/announcements/detail/3229520292652050438

Naerydan

Educated

These are FULL playthroughs of the whole campaign. In the second video, only took him 4 hours to finish it. I'm so friggin' bummed by the fact that it's just how Alienman said, it's not a city-builder. More like a survival game but kinda limited, I don't know.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
These are FULL playthroughs of the whole campaign. In the second video, only took him 4 hours to finish it. I'm so friggin' bummed by the fact that it's just how Alienman said, it's not a city-builder. More like a survival game but kinda limited, I don't know.
4 hours is short, but I don't think it's entirely fine to be sad/mad at the game for not being a city builder. I don't think they ever really pitched it as such, and when you know what their previous game was, it seems very clear it would not be a standard city builder.

Hopefully the multiple starts can make up for the short playthrough time, but I sorta doubt it.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How many bloody games are coming out in the next 15 days, it's like someone has a heartfelt desire to make RPG fans fail college finals

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Lacrimosa of Dana also got shoved out the door and it would have been top tier weeb bait if the port was executed perfectly, afaik it was excellent on console. Vampyr June 5th is also on the horizon.

But yeah Battletech, This War of Mine devs making a game (this war of mine was surely an excellent indie), and Pillars of Eternity, that's better than the entirety of 2013 put together. You expect that kind of release schedule in like, November/late October, the fact the releases are so back to back a month before E3 is pretty silly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom