Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck action elements in adventure games

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fuck the highway
zoKnbBS.png

Fuck the mine roads
Pui9W4V.png

Fuck this guy
5qOVMEG.png

Fuck this guy twice for pushing that button
2cMuolZ.png

Fuck
VyOrx2l.png

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
The horror

I've heard that the king of chicago is a good game, but the action sequences are so fucking terrible that every time I try to play it, I get frustrated and quit. That bomb throwing sequence is the worst.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought about posting that, but those point'n'click shooting parts were hardly as irritating and mood breaking as the rest of the examples in this thread (you mostly use the gun to solve puzzles, also doesn't shooting the rat on that bridge collapse the whole thing into the toxic sludge, killing you?)

Keshik

Arcane
Hm, fair enough. Was probably the adventure game action moment I hate the most out of any I've played. Full Throttle's wasn't that bad, makes sense to go beat people up. Trying to knock out the Cavefish can be bloody annoying though.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've heard that the king of chicago is a good game, but the action sequences are so fucking terrible that every time I try to play it, I get frustrated and quit. That bomb throwing sequence is the worst.
It really is nothing compared to this, but at least that isn't a fucking adventure/sim.

that fucking baby cart :rage:

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hm, fair enough. Was probably the adventure game action moment I hate the most out of any I've played. Full Throttle's wasn't that bad, makes sense to go beat people up. Trying to knock out the Cavefish can be bloody annoying though.
It wasn't really about the badness of it, but the actual gameplay was inconsistent with the puzzle solving. I found it really difficult to switch my brain from quick reaction mode to thoughtful puzzle solving mode. Took me right out of the game.

I ended up looking up hints for two of the puzzles after doing this for a while because my brain just went to mush. 'Course if this was 1995 and I was 8, I would have just stuck it out until I figured it out, but still.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fuck the highway
zoKnbBS.png

Fuck the mine roads
Pui9W4V.png

Fuck this guy
5qOVMEG.png

Fuck this guy twice for pushing that button
2cMuolZ.png

Fuck
VyOrx2l.png

You do know you can just press a keyboard shortcut to insta-win those fights, right? I think it's ctrl+w

Declinator

Arbiter
Fuck the highway
zoKnbBS.png

Fuck the mine roads
Pui9W4V.png

Are you forgetting the other action part of the game:

hqdefault.jpg

I thought that the destruction derby part was much more annoying and in fact I kind of enjoyed that motorcycle part.

Coriolanus

Learned
The submarine level in Ace Ventura where you had to dodge toilet paper and other shit (6 min 50 sec in the video)... don't ask me why I played this game.
I was a kid and had no other game to play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom