Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck the DS4 controller

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Why do you need two ? DS4windows supports multiple controlers over BT.

How long does a wireless controller last? Six hours? Then you have to switch it with a charged one.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The xbox controllers are all garbage, build quality wise. They're amazing in hand and in function when they work but they break easily. Xbox 360 analog stick quickly develop drift (it can happen to any analog stick fundamentally but the 360 sticks really suffer from this a lot). Drift is when your stick doesn't stay at the neutral position when you're not twisting it into a direction, hence it will keep generating movement while you're not forcing it into neutral yourself. A potential fix to use for this before you go out and buy a new controller is to augment the size of the dead zone in the stick but that also has its annoyances since you need to press the stick further to get movement.
The xbox one pads all have shoulder buttons that end up breaking. Mine ended up breaking after 6 months of use. I originally bought the xbone pad because I greatly dislike the DS4 layout and the integrated battery that you can't replace
(which I also own and had no issue with whatsoever. No issue to report with the USB connector either but I'm very careful when I plug it in to charge) and gave it another go but then the shoulder button on the right stopped working unless I press REALLY hard and googling online it seems a very common occurrence with the pad too, enough that there's a cottage industry that sells shoulder button replacements on amazon. It only happens on the newer generation of xbox one controllers, I think it's on purpose to have people keep buying new controllers because it's a very obvious design fault on the way the shoulder buttons are designed :

New Xbone controllers
ZTvL8MD.jpg

Older design :
GW0Kr6j.jpg

I ordered the new 8bitdo controller that has the unfortunate DS4 like layout recently. Fingers crossed for maybe getting the perfect pad outside of layout issue. This one has replaceable batteries so you don't need a second controller to be charging while one has an empty battery. They can work with both the included battery pack, that can be charged through the pad from a USBC port (which should be unbreakable if you've been having issue with microusb on the DS4) or AA batteries (buy nimh if you want rechargeable).

Btw the logitech pads are no good, they have a massive dead zone built in.
It's really become a shitshow market compared to the older consoles. I never had anything breaking on a PS1 pad and god knows I abused them more than I did as an older adult any of the current pads. Same for the dreamcast controller.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I ordered the new 8bitdo controller

Btw the logitech pads are no good, they have a massive dead zone built in.
Finally a word of reason. I'm using Logitech controllers for a decade now and they are really undestructible. But if I had to choose, I would play with with one of the new 8bitdo SN30 Pro controllers, they look like quality.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
cvv, this isn't a particularly scientific thread. I could move it to General Gaming if you'd like.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom