Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fundraising $5000 for a Codex shrine in Wasteland 2

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by skuphundaku, Mar 13, 2012.

1. fizzelopeguss Arcane

fizzelopeguss
    thread needs feet pics.

^ Top  
  2. Kosmonaut Lost in Space

Self-Ejected
    Really? Why?

^ Top  
  3. Country_Gravy Arcane Patron

Country_Gravy
    Wasteland 2
    fixed.

Oh, wait. That thread is in GD

^ Top  
  4. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Well, the alternative is not trying and continue to complain about how no one is interested in making a game that would appeal to us.

^ Top  
  5. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    Think MCA can draw a Mexican troll? I need proof before I up my donation.

^ Top  
  6. Takeda Kenshi Augur

Takeda Kenshi
    Heck, he could draw a Guadalajara-ian troll if necessary.

^ Top  
  7. Kosmonaut Lost in Space

Self-Ejected
    What's the difference?

^ Top  
  8. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Updated my ignore list.

Really.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Turisas Arch Devil Patron

Turisas
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  10. anus_pounder Arcane

anus_pounder
    :lol: :lol:

Wish I could brofist more than once. This will have to do -

:bro:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    That needs to be added to the emotes.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  12. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    Thought on this a little more. It's no surprise that we're having trouble agreeing on what we should do, but it's still early and we have enough creative people on the forums to make it good in the end.
    Then I started considering the others funding this as well. Let's see how the kickstarter rewards are doing:

100 npcs all sold out (what are the fucking chances most of them will be heavily armed)
    3 artifacts(says a lot about projected ego versus an item that references you at best)
    7 statues
    10 shrines

Now as skyway might say, that is 120 confirmed instances of banality by his reckoning and I'm sure we all make frowny faces at the kind of wank the other 116 are going to add to the game unless they are our cool forum buddies and there are no forum buddies with the codex.
    In other words if we seasoned observers of the gaming community are going to sneer at the stupid shit they'll all make Brian Fargo add to the first turn based apocalypse game in 14 years, we should take the higher ground first and set an example or at least not look quite as bad.

Which now leads into my point:
    1) The multifaceted spirit of Codexia should be manifest in our choice of creations here, certainly
    2) The multifaceted memes of Codexia should not, unless they would be comprehensible on their own to a normally brained turn based gamer bro and if possible not completely wear out their welcome after the 2nd playthrough. this probably needs a useful or interesting function to the area/items/mobs
    3) No internet names, perhaps normal names if they fit in, but individual personalities or quirks should be fine until they violate rule 2, which probably rules out quite a bit
    4) The money is going straight to the people making Wasteland 2 anyway so the most important part is already done here.

Here is my gloriously shitty example of implementation

awww yeah taste that warped caricature

no I don't know about wasteland stats forgives me k

Honestly though I kinda wish Brian Fargo would have done the higher kickstarter rewards differently. Say, at 5000 bucks, you get eligible for 'Area sponsorship' and when they're ready with the design docs and brainstorming the WL team will send you/your community a list of additional possibles to the main gameworld to back with your money, and then work with you from there onwards on fleshing it out if you really think you have red hot ideas, or you can just let them take it from there. With a small stipulation that they reserve the right to overrule anything completely out of place like BTE style funs.

eg. Wasteland 2 gets a cannibal gigolo den with attached quest and in the credits you see special thanks: rpgcodex.net for sponsoring - Cannibal Gigolo area, and perhaps below that gamebanshee.com for sponsoring - Anachronistic Joust area

So yeah if nothing else, at least our fair codex will not be part of the "I can't believe they let them add this circlejerk bullshit in, I guess money speaks loudest no matter the game" wasteland 2 purity ruined threads and "wow, the geniuses at XXX place sure spent their money well lolololololol rpg gamers" that will invariably be created after the game is released.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Surf Solar cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Goddamn Crooked Bees.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  14. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    Look out, Crispy !

^ Top  
  15. Crispy Who's really in charge here? Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    There's no way that thing could fly.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. hiver Guest

hiver
    Is that something of yours Surf?

^ Top  
  17. funkadelik Arcane

funkadelik
    So where the hell are we at on funding this?

^ Top  
  18. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    $8,595 USD currently, 86% of the $10k goal. :)

^ Top  
  19. funkadelik Arcane

funkadelik
    So we are indeed sending DU to the Developer Orgy?

Edit: And stupid me. I haven't seen the actual home page of the Codex since the switch. I've just had my shortcut tab send me straight to the forums.

^ Top  
  20. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    We're sending Jason.

Also, $9,337 collected currently!

^ Top  
  21. lulurkinglurkerlurk Learned

lulurkinglurkerlurk
    You roll 22 :: Mexican Codex!
    Can i have my nightmares now?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)