Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fundraising $5000 for a Codex shrine in Wasteland 2

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Better hurry in any case, only 9 statues left!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It'd probably be a pain in the ass to organize this kind of thing separately from the official Kickstarter page.

Maybe we could just talk it over with Brian Fargo to reserve a statue in advance, donate normally via Kickstarter -- and then, after the project is funded, everyone would just send his email+pledge amount to DU/Taluntain so that DU/Tal can collect all that data and send it over to Fargo as proof? Or something like that. I assume it'd be easy enough for Fargo to check if the data is correct.

That wouldn't require a separate donation channel, at least.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
That could work work too, but that's just another option. I don't think we should be eliminating options right now. As for it being too complicated outside Kickstarter, I disagree. It would be like just any other donation drive that has happened before on the Codex. Either way, we should either start the donation as soon as possible or get in touch with Brian Fargo as soon as possible.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Codexia should be a ruined temple, with a destroyed statue of the troll, and a bunch of brainwashed kids praying for the arrival of "The MCA".
Not that MCA crap again.

Also the statue ought to say something like
"On the wasteland we were born,
Fallout only strengthened us,
We struggled to not to wander off into the depths of oblivion,
Where ages of time feasts upon the weak and reckless like dragons,
The days of bloodshed and treason came,
We planned, we thought out every our single move,
Enemies were a mindless mass of barbarians,
Where they arrived inevitable deterioration began,
We hold them back, making a powerful resistance,
Yet the devastation sprouted out within our ranks,
With corrupted hearts of our own dearest friends,
We perished, for the end was where we were blind,
Now we are no more, but our idea still lives,
That the wasteland will not be an empty shell once again."

:M

Gregz

Arcane
It'd probably be a pain in the ass to organize this kind of thing separately from the official Kickstarter page.

Maybe we could just talk it over with Brian Fargo to reserve a statue in advance, donate normally via Kickstarter -- and then, after the project is funded, everyone would just send his email+pledge amount to DU/Taluntain so that DU/Tal can collect all that data and send it over to Fargo as proof? Or something like that. I assume it'd be easy enough for Fargo to check if the data is correct.

That wouldn't require a separate donation channel, at least.

Could be the way to go, time is a factor with the limited $5000 slots.

Pledge $5000 (15 max)
Previous rewards +We will build a statue in game, in your honor. After getting a picture of you, we will carefully craft this in game statue. You are now forever a part of Wasteland history. At this level, we will also sign and frame actual original concept art from the game. With 30 digital copies of Wasteland 2, you will be a hit with your friends. You will also receive a lvl 5 Desert ranger medal of honor limited edition collectible.

There's already $2000+ claimed in the Codex Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live! thread, it could reach 5k in a day or two.

Fargo is probably very busy right now, but it's definitely worth a try.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It would be like just any other donation drive that has happened before on the Codex.

I assume it'd be more complicated to keep track of who donated what and, most importantly, it'd be more complicated to keep track of the rewards -- after all, donating $5000 means including all the lower tiers as well (the box and additional stuff) -- depending on how much you individually donate. If we all just donate via Kickstarter, we'll all get our normal rewards plus the statue/NPC/whatever -- would that still hold if we donated separately?

It's up for DU/Tal to answer, really.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Since you got the twitter account, why don't you just message Fargo about it yourself
Kind of a long and complex thing to discuss like that, and in public...perhaps would be better if someone like Brother None introduced the idea. I'm quite sure that him and/or GameBanshee will already appear in someway in the game. :roll:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Since you got the twitter account, why don't you just message Fargo about it yourself
Kind of a long and complex thing to discuss like that, and in public...perhaps would be better if someone like Brother None introduced the idea. I'm quite sure that him and/or GameBanshee will already appear in someway in the game. :roll:

Why Brother None? We have our very own Monolith who's always in contact with Fargo. :P

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

Why Brother None? We have our very own Monolith who's always in contact with Fargo. :p
Humm...my Codexian Lore roll check failed and I didn't knew about that. :oops:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Codexia should be a ruined temple, with a destroyed statue of the troll, and a bunch of brainwashed kids praying for the arrival of "The MCA".

So in the ruined village of Codexia stands an ancient Cathedral.Inside you find a tribe of apparently retarded children coming out of the various vault like basements of the Cathedral.Evey day they gather around the last remaining statue that looks suprisingly a bit like this :rpgcodex: and pray for the the second coming of The MCA that will lead them to the promised land.Ther leader who looks like this
5.jpg
( he has progeria,don't ask) asks to help them with a problem, a strange woman roams the village the last few days and he wants you to get rid of her.She doesn't seem dangerous but he has a bad feeling about her.You agree to look into the matter and search the village,
You find the beautiful young woman and she tells you her story,she is being hunted by a ruthless hunter known only as The Slayer of Popamole,she was able to found a refuge here as she was running from him.She in turn asks for your help and promises to reward you appropriatly(wink wink nudge nudge)if you kill him.You agree and set out after the man,you find and ask him to leave her alone,he calls you an idiot to fall for her and attacks you.After a brutal battle as you are about to kill him he explains why he is after her.She is not what she seems,she is not a woman but a tranny and Agent of the Popamole that has dedicated her life to seduce and lead holy men away from their religion and into a life sin,her most famous victim was a man named Andhaira that she drove to madness,The Slayer had to put him down and now he hunts her through the wasteland,she only came here because she was attracted by the tribe of children that live here and plans to braiwash them.Understanding your mistake you agree to help him kill her.After a 5 hour long battle yuo manage to defeat her with the help of the Slayer,who thanks you and leaves this place forever.
You return to the leader and explain what happened,he thanks you since you saved them all from a terrible fate and as a reward he gives you a holy relic,an ancient weapon known only as The Nameles One said to be created by The MCA in ancient times.
The end

:mhd:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well I'm fucked on the kickstarter thing. I cannot pledge anything as don't have a valid method of paying at the moment which fucking sucks. If at least I can somehow contribute to this Codex thing though I'm all for it!

Alex

Arcane
Actually, if the invitation for the party went to a random contributor instead of DU, it might not be such a bad idea.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm in.

I've updated the relevant news post with details.

Basically: Donate to the Codex. Whatever we raise (be it less than or more than) we'll donate to the project and get whatever reward we can. Aiming for statue and location - and we'll see if we can't wrangle enough digital copies for everyone who donates but we'll see how much we raise before working that out.

Crooked Bee

Patron
I'm in.

Basically: Donate to the Codex. Whatever we raise (be it less than or more than) we'll donate to the project and get whatever reward we can. Aiming for statue and location - and we'll see if we can't wrangle enough digital copies for everyone who donates but we'll see how much we raise before working that out.

There should probably be some kind of banner at the top maybe?

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm in.

There should probably be some kind of banner at the top maybe?
That's a good idea.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Also, DU, do we really have to indicate this is towards the statue when donating? Can't just all donations in the next 34 days go towards it? Seems more efficient that way.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Just put in $50.
Edit: that is assuming you do as Bee-chan suggests, or my donation will just go to the general codex beer fund I guess.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Make a counter like on the kickstarter page 'donations for wasteland 2 codex shrine : xxxx $'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom