Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fundraising $5000 for a Codex shrine in Wasteland 2

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by skuphundaku, Mar 13, 2012.

1. skuphundaku Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    That's a good idea.

^ Top  
  2. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Also, DU, do we really have to indicate this is towards the statue when donating? Can't just all donations in the next 34 days go towards it? Seems more efficient that way.

^ Top  
  3. Spectacle Arcane

Spectacle
    Just put in $50.
    Edit: that is assuming you do as Bee-chan suggests, or my donation will just go to the general codex beer fund I guess.

^ Top  
  4. Syril Liturgist Queued

Syril
    Make a counter like on the kickstarter page 'donations for wasteland 2 codex shrine : xxxx $'

^ Top  
  5. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Yeah, I just donated $50, but in the anonymous donation, didn't even had where to write it was for Wasteland 2...

^ Top  
  6. skuphundaku Economic devastator, Mk. 11 Patron

skuphundaku
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    On the page with the "Submit donation" (or whatever) button from PayPal, there is a small "+" sign that, if you click it, expands into a text entry box where you can type a note to the donation recipient.

^ Top  
  7. Beautiful Clown Painting Arcane

Beautiful Clown Painting
    Codexia: an abandoned cyclopean village full of crazy denizens drifting amongst the ruins, uttering insane sentences.
    Skyway: "Banal...Shit...Boring...Everywhere!"
    Melcar: "Cheap whores...Come on, it's payday...Oy my head."
    Prosper: "Rain! It needs glorious rain and swamps!"
    Dicksmoker: "Shut up everyone! I once more hear the tolling of a great bell! It's calling me!"
    Glyphwright: "Shells in the night! Shells in the night!"
    (...)
    A lot of unnamed NPCs: "Potato!" "Somebody must have hidden potato."

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  9. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I assume this is going to be the case for many donations. Here's hoping DU goes with what I proposed. :)

EDIT. DarkUnderlord, please make it so that all donations in the next month will go towards the statue! Like, pretty please!!

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  10. Spectacle Arcane

Spectacle
    Hmm, guess I did it all wrong then, I went with "purchase account upgrade" since I thought that was the only way to make a non anonymous donation. Oh well, I've been meaning to become a patron anyway. Donated another $50 explicitly towards the statue now :)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Temaperacl Augur

Temaperacl
    Nice - I'll be throwing some towards the Codex Statue, although it will have to wait until next week so I can throw a bunch in at once.

^ Top  
  12. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    The $5000 goal sounds a bit unrealistic, but hitting $1000 to get an RPGCODEX location would be cool already.

^ Top  
  13. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Did two quick tests:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Was hard to explain all the trool statue thing on a small banner, if anyone has any other idea for text...

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  14. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Would be cool, but I wouldn't want stupid lines from retarded posters...Just a nod to the Codex and it's small contribution to keeping the fight alive, a vindication that something good can grow in the wasteland of modern gaming again.

There's your metaphor...

:salute:

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Until DU clears this up, I suggest those of you who forgot to indicate their donation was towards the statue do what is usually done in this case:

PM TALUNTAIN with your last donation information (PayPal email, date of donation and donation sum) and ask him to ADD THAT TO THE STATUE FUND!!

UPDATE: Hooray! DU has spoken:

"To make it easier, all donations this month will be taken for the project unless stated otherwise in the donation"

!!!

Donate away!!

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. Spectacle Arcane

Spectacle
    C'mon DU, you know you want that statue ;)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. hoverdog dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive Developer

hoverdog
    Project: Eternity
    • Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  18. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    That's because I've just added it there, duh.

^ Top  
  19. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    This is the place that raised $500 for anime avatars despite people donating against them. $5000 is very doable.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Hooray! DU has spoken:

"To make it easier, all donations this month will be taken for the project unless stated otherwise in the donation"

!!!

Donate away!!

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  21. Toffeli Atomkrieg, ja bitte Patron

Toffeli
    Wasteland 2
    Donated $20 to the shrine.

^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Donated $30 towards the statue fund. :salute:
    Put $1 on the Kickstarter itself just to be on the backers mailing list.

^ Top  
  23. Gregz Arcane

Gregz
    If you add up all the claims from the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live! thread, it's already up to several thousand.

Those people just need to retract from Kickstarter and donate here.

^ Top  
  24. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    But who gets the best reward, the EXPLODED BLOOD SAUSAGE ??!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    Obviously me.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)