Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fundraising $5000 for a Codex shrine in Wasteland 2

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Also, DU, do we really have to indicate this is towards the statue when donating? Can't just all donations in the next 34 days go towards it? Seems more efficient that way.
Yeah, I just donated $50, but in the anonymous donation, didn't even had where to write it was for Wasteland 2...

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Also, DU, do we really have to indicate this is towards the statue when donating? Can't just all donations in the next 34 days go towards it? Seems more efficient that way.
Yeah, I just donated $50, but in the anonymous donation, didn't even had where to write it was for Wasteland 2...
On the page with the "Submit donation" (or whatever) button from PayPal, there is a small "+" sign that, if you click it, expands into a text entry box where you can type a note to the donation recipient.

Codexia: an abandoned cyclopean village full of crazy denizens drifting amongst the ruins, uttering insane sentences.
Skyway: "Banal...Shit...Boring...Everywhere!"
Melcar: "Cheap whores...Come on, it's payday...Oy my head."
Prosper: "Rain! It needs glorious rain and swamps!"
Dicksmoker: "Shut up everyone! I once more hear the tolling of a great bell! It's calling me!"
Glyphwright: "Shells in the night! Shells in the night!"
(...)
A lot of unnamed NPCs: "Potato!" "Somebody must have hidden potato."

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
On the page with the "Submit donation" (or whatever) from PayPal, there is a small "+" sign that, if you click it, expands into a text entry box where you can type a note to the donation recipient.
1301367296_1.jpg

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I assume this is going to be the case for many donations. Here's hoping DU goes with what I proposed. :)

EDIT. DarkUnderlord, please make it so that all donations in the next month will go towards the statue! Like, pretty please!!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Hmm, guess I did it all wrong then, I went with "purchase account upgrade" since I thought that was the only way to make a non anonymous donation. Oh well, I've been meaning to become a patron anyway. Donated another $50 explicitly towards the statue now :)

Temaperacl

Erudite
Nice - I'll be throwing some towards the Codex Statue, although it will have to wait until next week so I can throw a bunch in at once.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The $5000 goal sounds a bit unrealistic, but hitting $1000 to get an RPGCODEX location would be cool already.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Would be cool, but I wouldn't want stupid lines from retarded posters...Just a nod to the Codex and it's small contribution to keeping the fight alive, a vindication that something good can grow in the wasteland of modern gaming again.

There's your metaphor...

:salute:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Until DU clears this up, I suggest those of you who forgot to indicate their donation was towards the statue do what is usually done in this case:

PM TALUNTAIN with your last donation information (PayPal email, date of donation and donation sum) and ask him to ADD THAT TO THE STATUE FUND!!

UPDATE: Hooray! DU has spoken:

"To make it easier, all donations this month will be taken for the project unless stated otherwise in the donation"

!!!

Donate away!!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
The $5000 goal sounds a bit unrealistic, but hitting $1000 to get an RPGCODEX location would be cool already.
This is the place that raised $500 for anime avatars despite people donating against them. $5000 is very doable.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Hooray! DU has spoken:

"To make it easier, all donations this month will be taken for the project unless stated otherwise in the donation"

!!!

Donate away!!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Donated $30 towards the statue fund. :salute:
Put $1 on the Kickstarter itself just to be on the backers mailing list.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
But who gets the best reward, the EXPLODED BLOOD SAUSAGE ??!
That should always be kept by the acting Codex admin. Now it's DU. When he gives up on dealing with the mad people and starts wandering the Earth to forget, he'll pass the sausage on to his replacement, and so on. The sausage should be the real-life proof that "the Codex wuz there when they started Wasteland 2".

Ausir

Arcane
The RPG Codex should be a band of Rocket Propelled Grenade wielding crazies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom