Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gahahaha, let's play Sengoku Rance! (NSFW)

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Reject_666_6 said:
Yes, Rance is very addictive. Since the last time I posted, I finished both the Kenshin and Nanjo Ran routes. I'm too burned out right now to try the Isoroku route, but one day...

The same happened to me on my first playing-spree. I left Isoroku's route as the last one and approached it only after some time since she seemed to be the least important/dramatic heroine of them all.

Well, this route really develops her character. It does stay tongue-in-cheek and overdramatic, and due to some story events the game-play really slows down at some point... but the ending. :smug:

Take fucking notes Biowhore :rpgcodex:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I've done Isoroku's route already and yeah, the ending was great. Kenshin route is pretty good so far, though I'm stuck in war with 4 houses (one of which is Demon Army) because I cannot finish them off thanks to the stupid Emperor Race.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
Kenshin route is pretty good so far, though I'm stuck in war with 4 houses (one of which is Demon Army) because I cannot finish them off thanks to the stupid Emperor Race.

Battle permits are your best friend in these situations. If you have at least 3 units with them, you can stall for a few turns while using every fan and affection item to boost Kenshin. With 3 fans, you can gain 20 levels in just 3 turns. Also, a shortcut for beating some tough ones like Baba and Mouri quicker is to replace Kenshin's default skill with Attack Luck when you level up. You'll start with an attack buff, which makes your damage much bigger.

Mrowak

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
Yeah, I managed to buff her up so I beat Baba, allowing to finish off Takeda. Then I tried to take down Mouri but in the final castle he automatically kills her.

Don't you have to lift the curse from Motonari to be able to fight with him? I didn't do it myself cause my playthrough with Kenshin's route was coincidentally the one I selected Mouri's House as a family bonus.

You probably already know it but you can fight with your own commanders who are specified on the emperor's race list. I think you first need to defeat Shimazu fellow in Izumo to be able to do that.

Somehow I never needed to fight with Motonari or Baba Shouen. I defeated Baba just to see how difficult that fight was. That my Kenshin had 9 9 9 9 in all combat stats, lvl 64 and protection paper equipped helped a lot (Edit: or was it Ryuuguu Sword Urashimaru... I don't remember :/) :smug:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Luzur said:
GarfunkeL said:
As WW hasn't updated, here's a sneak peek from alternative route:

kenshinschwing.jpg

(yes, finally got around to playing Kenshin-route)

someone needs to post that route, it seems like the most romantically of them all (true love and all).
Kenshin better be in the next Rance. :rpgcodex: :love:

Chuftie

Augur
It's turn 86 and I haven't conquered Takeda, but I added cavalry units in the hope of attacking the helper units that make the commanders a pain in the ass to take out.

Should I focus on buliding troops so I can use more attack fans to keep them at bay or should I just attack different parts of their territories to slowly eat away at their land

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Mrowak said:
GarfunkeL said:
Yeah, I managed to buff her up so I beat Baba, allowing to finish off Takeda. Then I tried to take down Mouri but in the final castle he automatically kills her.

Don't you have to lift the curse from Motonari to be able to fight with him? I didn't do it myself cause my playthrough with Kenshin's route was coincidentally the one I selected Mouri's House as a family bonus.

Yeah, I guess so. I'll have to play on and hope that some tidbit of an information pops up. So far there's been nothing. And no matter what, it's apparently impossible to capture either him or any of his daughters during this stage.

Mrowak said:
You probably already know it but you can fight with your own commanders who are specified on the emperor's race list. I think you first need to defeat Shimazu fellow in Izumo to be able to do that.
The sick-moe swordswoman got killed, accidentally, but I defeated Yuzumy, the musket girl - and that random old guy/chef plus Baba Takeda already.

Mrowak said:
Somehow I never needed to fight with Motonari or Baba Shouen. I defeated Baba just to see how difficult that fight was. That my Kenshin had 9 9 9 9 in all combat stats, lvl 64 and protection paper equipped helped a lot (Edit: or was it Ryuuguu Sword Urashimaru... I don't remember :/) :smug:

Jesus christ on a fucking crutch man, that is freaking EZ-mode Kenshin right there :D My Kenshins has 8 or 7 on all stats, except 4 AP and she's wielding Emperor's Sword. Level 43 or so. No wonder it's teeth'n'nails fighting all the way!

I don't believe that ATK/DEF/INT/SPD stats matter at all for captain fights (or maybe only SPD helped, not sure). They are supposed to represent command ability, not personal ability (which is what level is, along with the character's hidden personal stats). Almost everything else is fair game though. +damage and -damage received items both work (% and absolute) . I also believe all passive abilities work other then the automatic healing per turn ones.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
I don't believe that ATK/DEF/INT/SPD stats matter at all for captain fights (or maybe only SPD helped, not sure). They are supposed to represent command ability, not personal ability (which is what level is, along with the character's hidden personal stats). Almost everything else is fair game though. +damage and -damage received items both work (% and absolute) . I also believe all passive abilities work other then the automatic healing per turn ones.

This is true, and I was just about to write this until I refreshed the page and saw that you did. Speed is the only stat that works in dungeon/captain battles, but stat boosts from tacticians and/or Luck bonuses do work - the buffs work relative to your level for Attack, Defence and Intelligence and relative to your character's Speed for Speed.

Also, Senhime's Auto Heal works in dungeon battles, so I assume they all do. Rance's healing is an exception because Sill does the healing in army battles, but in dungeons she's a separate captain.

Mrowak

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
Mrowak said:
GarfunkeL said:

Yeah, I guess so. I'll have to play on and hope that some tidbit of an information pops up. So far there's been nothing. And no matter what, it's apparently impossible to capture either him or any of his daughters during this stage.

But I think you can fight Tokuga, right? If so, why don't you defeat them, recruit Sakamoto Ryouma, find dungeon in Izumo, and ask Sakamoto about lifting Motonari's curse?

Mrowak said:
The sick-moe swordswoman got killed, accidentally, but I defeated Yuzumy, the musket girl - and that random old guy/chef plus Baba Takeda already.

Mrowak said:

Jesus christ on a fucking crutch man, that is freaking EZ-mode Kenshin right there :D My Kenshins has 8 or 7 on all stats, except 4 AP and she's wielding Emperor's Sword. Level 43 or so. No wonder it's teeth'n'nails fighting all the way!

I wisely used Rance's Satisfaction bonus (brings Kenshin's lvl up by 10 levels till level 40) and I used action fans to make Rance train with her (+ 2 lvls). I did not ever need to give attack luck bonus to her instead of her amazing ability. Rather than that I raised her stats and gave her all books2 I'd found.

Watching her steamroll Baba was Beautiful :smug:

On the side note, the Codex must do LPs of other routes. Such a prestigious game cannot stay uncompleted. I don't know if WhiskeyWolf will be eager to do that, so I hereby declare that once he completes True Route I shall do a LP of half-playthrough of either Isoroku or Kenshin Route. By half-playthrough I mean the one from the moment the player makes the choice between different routes.

WhiskyWolf

Novice
So will I. I will finally be able to play other routes... god, it's so beautiful. I will try to go turbo this week and finish this LP.

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Mrowak said:
On the side note, the Codex must do LPs of other routes. Such a prestigious game cannot stay uncompleted. I don't know if WhiskeyWolf will be eager to do that, so I hereby declare that once he completes True Route I shall do a LP of half-playthrough of either Isoroku or Kenshin Route. By half-playthrough I mean the one from the moment the player makes the choice between different routes.
That sounds great. :salute:

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Mrowak said:
I did not ever need to give attack luck bonus to her instead of her amazing ability. Rather than that I raised her stats and gave her all books2 I'd found.

It's only a temporary thing, mind you. Once you win the Emperor Race, she automatically gains the upgraded version of her skill back.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Thor Kaufman said:
Mrowak said:
That sounds great. :salute:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Correction, I was drunk when I last posted - haven't defeated Baba yet. But managed to take Toguka (?) - the black cursed/mutant-house out. Do I need to recruit Gon before I can fight him? Kenshin is now lvl50 thanks to dungeons and ogres. Baba is fucking annoying since he starts with all 4 buffs :(

And yeah, got 2 armies with permits, they keep the demon army at bay well enough.

Mrowak

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
Correction, I was drunk when I last posted - haven't defeated Baba yet. But managed to take Toguka (?) - the black cursed/mutant-house out. Do I need to recruit Gon before I can fight him? Kenshin is now lvl50 thanks to dungeons and ogres. Baba is fucking annoying since he starts with all 4 buffs :(

And yeah, got 2 armies with permits, they keep the demon army at bay well enough.

Bring Kenshin up to level 61 by talking to her - you don't stand a speck of a chance against Baba is she is lower than that. After that give ger all happy Pukkuru you can spare. I don't know about the three other stats but speed seems to have an effect during solo battles so pump that up with books / lvl ups. There are 3 different artifacts that could save your ass in the fight with Baba: Protection Paper, Guts Armour and Ryuguu Sword Urashimaru. Unfortunately you said you'd equipped Emperor's Sword. Wrong move :/ You cannot remove it now.

If Baba proves to be overpowering still, find yourself different targets. First of all recruit Sakamoto to be able to conscript Gon and fight him. Secondly, use Sakamoto's knowledge to dispell Motonari's curse and then attack the fucker. Be warned - he always hits for 200hp :/

There are also three neutral 'heroes' in various areas you can challenge. Do so before Demon kills them.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Yeah, I've already killed 2 of them. Must do the recruiting&Motonari-stuff then. I didn't know that Kenshin has to go 1-on-1 in the duels so I hadn't saved happy pokkuro's for her, instead I had given them to Rance as usual. Oh well, back to work.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
---------------------------------------------------
*Between the turn*

alcg3622.jpg

In the last episode we managed to take the ‘key’ province that opens the door to the heart of “Deon Army” territory. Right after our turn ended we got a counter-attack for which I really don’t have the forces to spare. Hey, it’s not like one attack can take over what we just gained with four bloody AF’s. For now, no harm done.

*Between the turn*
Turn #85

alcg3623.jpg

alcg3624.jpg

Looks like trouble.

alcg3625.jpg

Dude, this girl can evaporate tank armor with her gaze if she feels threatened.

alcg3626.jpg

alcg3627.jpg

alcg3628.jpg

:smug:

alcg3629.jpg

alcg3630.jpg

alcg3631.jpg

:smug:

alcg3632.jpg

alcg3633.jpg

After a short exchange of blows I’m on one action. Thankfully I have a secret medicine restoring HP and AP.

alcg3634.jpg

Victorious once again.

alcg3635.jpg

Or is it.

alcg3636.jpg

alcg3637.jpg

You can be a high-level demon but you don’t get in the way of the Demon Lord/King.

alcg3638.jpg

alcg3639.jpg

TACTICAL NUKE!

alcg3640.jpg

alcg3641.jpg

alcg3642.jpg

alcg3643.jpg

alcg3644.jpg

Oh my.

alcg3645.jpg

What the fuck are those things? Sheep?

alcg3646.jpg

alcg3647.jpg

alcg3648.jpg

alcg3649.jpg

alcg3650.jpg

alcg3651.jpg

alcg3652.jpg

:yeah:

alcg3653.jpg

alcg3654.jpg

Oh bloody fucking hell.

alcg3655.jpg

Fucking event suck all my AP away.

:rage:

End of Turn #85

Mrowak

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:

Nicely done Whiskey, but I don't remember you talking to Kentarou and Miki prior to that event. Hence, I fear I'll not be able to clear them in this game. But who knows :shrugs:

So what now? Demon King route? :smug:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Haa, I did it! Got the curse lifted, Kenshin won the Emperor Race and Xavier was banished! Didn't even need to fight Baba, as I had enough points from few random battles + Gou + Mori...

except I now have to chase Xavier down into Orochi's rabbit hole!
fuuuuu.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom