Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Gamedec - cyberpunk detective RPG set in virtual worlds - Kickstarter Live

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by LESS T_T, Aug 8, 2019.

1. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anshar/gamedec-isometric-cyberpunk-rpg-set-in-xxii-century

https://gamedec.com

https://www.gog.com/game/gamedec?pp=cb4e5208b4cd87268b208e49452ed6e89a68e0b8

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Anshar Studios, who was one of two Polish studios doing D:OS 2's gift bags updates.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2020
    • Brofist x 8
    • Interesting x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Sounds like a less complex Disco Elysium but with standard 3d graphics

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Wow, what a year for RPGs this is.

And once again a studio launches a Steam page for their game before they even tweet about it. That website is just a placeholder.

• Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • sheeple x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    • what? x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Bester ⚰️☠️⚱️ Patron Vatnik

Bester
    What's your point?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Anshar (this), Fool's Theory (Seven), Event Horizon (Tower of Time, Dark Envoy), Polish isometric RPG supremacy. Motivated by the success of Divinity, facilitated by the success of CDPR?

(I'm also looking forward to what Artificer, the successor of CreativeForge, is cooking.)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It used to be that games didn't even get Steam pages until they were close to release, or sometimes even on the day of release. Now games are being announced by having their Steam pages appear all of a sudden, before there's a press release, a trailer on YouTube, a proper website, or even a tweet. That's funny to me.

• Agree x 5
    • incline x 2
    • Despair x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    2020? Yea, should be a great year for RPG as well.

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    How the hell did this creep up? Worth checking out.

^ Top  
  10. Matt [Anshar Studios] Anshar Studios Developer

Matt [Anshar Studios]
    Hi guys, my name is Matt, and I'm a Community Manager at Anshar Studios.

Your feedback is heartwarming! We're happy to see that you already dig this one up and yup - we're revealing this title today. We've got a lot to cover, a solid book series to adapt, and we want to underline this - adapt. It won't be a 1:1 title, so if you read the books, you won't be able to predict what's in the game. We're working closely with M. Przybyłek, who's the author of the books and he's very eager to discuss and consult our ideas. We're hyped, and we hope you will enjoy the game. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, we'll gather the questions and answer them on a separate occasion.

• Brofist Brofist x 13
    • :M :M x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Website is live.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Well for me it looks more interesting than Cyberpunk 2077. Word Isometric from that trailer already put it above Cyberpunk in my book :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Is this a visual novel?

^ Top  
  15. Matt [Anshar Studios] Anshar Studios Developer

Matt [Anshar Studios]
    We're going to share more details soon. We're focusing on showing the game on the business area of Gamescom and then taking a hands-on demo to PAX West.

No, it's an isometric RPG.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Terra Learned

Terra
    Looks interesting. What engine is the game being built with?

• retadred retadred x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. PapaPetro Educated

PapaPetro
    >I solve crimes in virtual worlds
    So you roleplay as a GM?

^ Top  
  18. aeroaeko Learned

aeroaeko
    So many cyberpunk games .... hope the setting doesn't get played out too quickly

^ Top  
  19. Matt [Anshar Studios] Anshar Studios Developer

Matt [Anshar Studios]
    UE4

Imagine someone is naughty in the virtual world, but it has an impact in the real world. And the other way around. In any case, you're the one whom people will speak to investigate the issue. It's not always welcome to talk to the press, and someone might be doing something that would ruin his or her career in a matter of seconds. You might try to help him or expose him - as we said, you're in charge of those decisions.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  20. PapaPetro Educated

PapaPetro
    Sounds relevant to what's going on today with social media and in MMOs with massive economies linked to RMT.
    Looking forward to seeing more.

^ Top  
  21. Matt [Anshar Studios] Anshar Studios Developer

Matt [Anshar Studios]
    Like I said before, to get all the news, observe game on Steam [adding to wishlist would be great too! :)] or sign-up to our newsletter at www.gamedec.com. We're going to Gamescom to present the game to the media, and our next stop is PAX West, where anyone can try our gameplay demo.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    Cyberpunk Warsaw is a bit too much for me. I can understand dragons, magic, elves, even gods, but this is just too unrealistic.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  23. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    Gamedec stands for game detective and typical plot of the books has you going into the game and posing as NPC to solve crimes. And it's nothing like William Gibson writing nonsense about virtual space without any idea how even a calculator works. This guy is quite crafty and has extensive knowledge of gaming.

This could be good, I'm looking forward to hearing more.

• /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. just Learned

just
    so is there more fighting or more reading

^ Top  
  25. Matt [Anshar Studios] Anshar Studios Developer

Matt [Anshar Studios]
    Gamedec is story-driven and violent. We have a writer on board, and we intend to use it wisely.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)