Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Gameplay Guide] Rance X: Decisive Battle

King Diamond

Literate
Zeth doesn't need to fall to unlock the breakthrough ending, you only need to let medusa stay alive until turn 5, after that try to kill all the Dark Lords you can if Warg appears and you don't have the cards to fight her don't worry because she doesn't appear in the final boss rush when you unlock breakthrough ending. And Remember to get all the healers you can obtain because in the boss rush there is no healing points until the end when you fight Kayblis.

Reine

Literate
thanks again for your help xD anyway, there's 2 choice in Free City Extermination 1, Ship route and Tank route, right? so if i want to choose From Sky ending, i should go with Tank route?

DrDustCell

Educated
That's not a mistake, that what all A endings end up in. :)

You will unlock a special epilogue (more like 1/4 more gameplay) after getting a few specific trophies for the true end.

Breakthrough does not mean Zeth has to fall, just that you did not beat Medusa (Dark Lord #2) there by the end of turn 5. You can take Chaos Sword missions there or even DL missions but retreat and it will still count. The idea is for the Kayblis faction to capture Camilla.

You can choose any branch really for from the sky or from the sea ending, but just make sure to choose the right missions in later turns:

Sky: 2つの厄災, beat toppos (left branch)
Sea: base phase ランス船団 if chose tank

See these links for walkthroughs (but beware spoilers)

JAPANESE (thorough): https://rance10.wicurio.com/index.php?クリア分岐
ENGLISH (simplified): https://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_X:Walkthrough

Last edited:

King Diamond

Literate
You can choose any of the two, but remember that to unlock From the end of the sky you have to achieve an A ending before this route and start preparations on Turn 11 and it takes 3 more turns to reach the monster realm.

Reine

Literate
btw is there any benefits doing Demon Extermination one by one for each Turn? instead doing Double Extermination? also how many CP needs in order to play thorough the Hard mode, since i'm having a hard time playing in Hard mode xD ( note i only have 6 CP, and choose 2 5*+Rank and 4 50% Battle EXP )

DrDustCell

Educated
Self-challenge aside, there is no benefit to doing hard mode except you get 2 cards per chest so it's better for collecting. You should comfortably be able to do hard at around 8-10+ CP, but keep playing normal to unlock achievements first. Quite a few give permanent bonuses to all future playthroughs and they add up fast. (check the achievements screen ingame)

As for one-turning demon extermination, players do it for a few reasons:
- unlock and get some cards, eg. Galtia, Ragnarok Gandhi, Warg etc
- protects humanity and countries, helping you reach some endings like Great Invasion or Underground Strategy
- allows you to ignore that country for a while and focusing on whatever it is you want to rush instead
- unlocks achievements

but it's not necessary at all. You can get A endings as well from just beating DL one by one when you need to. You don't need full liberation to win, just find a way to kill Kayblis in his DL form and you'll get one of the many A endings.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Yeah, he has to be in the party.
Actually he doesn't. Pluepet's ability works as a faction ability. You get the increased treasure rarity as long as you are using any character from the nonhuman faction, such as any of the Kalars. You don't have to use Pluepet himself.

Reine

Literate
seems like it's kinda hard to From Sky route

Demon Extermination done mostly at Turn 5
Rescue Miki at Turn 6
Conquer Shangri-La at Turn 7
Rescue Hornet at Turn 8

and i got 2つの厄災 Quest at Turn 10......

again i got bad ending xD gonna start over again :3

Jason Liang

Arcane

Rescue Miki at Turn 6
Rescue Hornet at Turn 8

Not sure why you can't get Sky ending. It should appear if you've done By Sea already.

T8 iirc will be too late to rescue Hornet. For By Land, it's essential to do Shangri-la immediately (turn 5) so usually that's -
T5: Shangri-la
T6: Miki
T7: Hornet

Which means one of the nations you wont be able to do extermination until turn 8.

Reine

Literate
i see, as long the country that i abandon get 2 Chaos Sword, the casuality won't get too big, i thought by doing Demon Extermination ASAP would get the country liberated ASAP too xD, seems like i was wrong, there's some quest that's more important than Demon Extermination, thanks for the info, Jason :)

Reine

Literate
b06132eb7c.png

Hornet Quest available on Turn 8, i don't know why it didn't appear on Turn 7 o.O

King Diamond

Literate

Rescue Miki at Turn 6
Rescue Hornet at Turn 8

i don't remember quite well but what i can say is that in my playthrough i did 2つの厄災 on turn 11, then in the preparation phase from turns 12, 13 and 14 you need keep doing the quests that move the castle. The names of the quests are these:

Turn 12 (Preparation Phase) に準備クエスト「ランス城、進軍開始」
Turn 13 (Preparation Phase) に準備クエスト「ランス城、移動中(2)」
Turn 14 (Preparation Phase) に準備クエスト「ランス城、移動中(3)」

And finally in the Operation phase of Turn 14 you have to choose this quest 「ベズドグ山に突撃」
fromsky.png
I'm sorry I could not get screenshots of previous turns but at least I hope this can help you.

Reine

Literate
no need to apologies, King Diamond.... your explanation really helps a lot, indeed i need to follow some Quest in order to get ending From Sky, and i read it too in japanese wiki, and in English Wiki, there's an explanation that have to start 2つの厄災 at turn 8 or it won't get enough turn and Kayblis will kill Miki and become Demon King xD

Reine

Literate
i read the japanese wiki, and indeed 2つの厄災 Quest appear on Turn 11

• ターン11に準備で「浮遊するだけのランス城」選択、作戦で「2つの厄災」(トッポスルート)クリア
  • ターン12に準備クエスト「ランス城、進軍開始」選択
  • ターン13に準備クエスト「ランス城、移動中(2)」選択(ツリーは攻略する必要なし)
  • ターン14に準備クエスト「ランス城、移動中(3)」選択

i manage to follow the guide and get the ending, thanks for the help to people that replied to my questions xD

Last edited:

King Diamond

Literate
I need help again, How do i get the card of Camilla? I already did the quest in zeth of the dungeon where she is but the reward is a card of Alex and a Medal.

Reine

Literate
i did plenty of that quest too, but i never get Camilla xD is there a way to get her? also i notice that in From Sky route last time, there's another path, the right path can be obtained after win the battle with Kayblis, but what about the left path? it obtained when we lost to him?

sahlas

Barely Literate
Do you know how to defeat double dark lord in Leazas ??
i try many part but can't find out @@

If you go after La hawzel (or whatever winged majin) is doable (Silky in power armour is to strong). Beat her and you start Lexington path (I don't remember which of the fights exactly, not the one where you fight the twins at the same time, you get to fight La... I several times).

sahlas

Barely Literate
If you go after La hawzel (or whatever winged majin) is doable (Silky in power armour is to strong). Beat her and you start Lexington path (I don't remember which of the fights exactly, not the one where you fight the twins at the same time, you get to fight La... I several times).
but you can't beat twin majin and silky in the same time right ?

but you can't beat twin majin and silky in the same time right ?
No afaik. And don't beat the twins at the same time if you want to get into Lexington's path to one-turn Leazas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom