Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gameplay Video

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I made a 45 minute gameplay video. After some messages here and there requesting developer's commentary I've decided to add
that. Some people may prefer a 'shut up and play' video, but there you go.

It has been described as 'slow and plodding, but somehow mesmerizing', so be warned.

YouTube considers the fog as noise it has to compress down, even if I force VP9 compression. I spent some time trying to fix that, but to no avail.

PS It's been a couple of months since the game was released, and I've got a lot to say about its progress. I'll write a new-years update soon. Thanks for the support to everyone who helped out.

Divine Blessing

Scholar
the (mouse) cursor indicates dev is a sex offender. the soundtrack indicates his preferences as not mature. the "universal" textbox+point and click design indicates shockingly more: i bet this game runs on every Babyphone.

i stopped watching at 11:01, after the coffee (the 144.) "window", cuz textboxes r an antique relict of RPG history exclusively senile seniors may appreciate. textboxes as basic interaction with the gameworld is the most degenerate stagnation since environmental storytelling: its show, not tell. textboxes with pictures r still tell, an illustration.

i (honestly) apologize for my honesty, but this undisguised aggression is my natural reaction to fukkin textboxes, which i clicked away in billions.

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
You know what: there's good points and bad points.

Good points: from stat to inventory it is something that close to make anyone fallout-fan want to play.

Bad point: too fucking dark. it might be realism and it might be ambience, but it's too fucking dark. I want some more light source even if it's just a mod.

ANother unrepairable bad point: too much bad text. The writer is definitely not of the school succint text. or one sentence paragraph. Sure, atmosphere is needed and all, but we need to the core data first, then maybe if we feel like it we would read the rest.

And please spread it out so we can read line after line instead of a block of text. One sentence paragraph is the norm nowaday after two decades of Net reading. Block of text is sooooo last century.

PS: okay, consider it carefully I agree that it's ambience. But it's still too fucking dark. I would NOT play a game this dark, which is a big pity because the character creation and stat is very intriguing.

Last edited:

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
i (honestly) apologize for my honesty, but this undisguised aggression is my natural reaction to fukkin textboxes, which i clicked away in billions.

You get all that from a mouse cursor? Sorry to disappoint, my record is clean as a whistle. The game will only run on PC and the highest settings require a decent machine. The text boxes with background information are not done out of necessity or lack of graphical capabilities. It's by design and based on old school games with plenty of reading involved. If that's not your thing, you might want to steer clear.

Bad point: too fucking dark. it might be realism and it might be ambience, but it's too fucking dark. I want some more light source even if it's just a mod.
Got you covered there. There's a 'bright' option in the video settings that makes everything outside brighter for precisely this reason. Titan gets about 1% of the sunlight we do so it fits the setting, but plenty of people prefer clarity to ambience.

ANother unrepairable bad point: too much bad text. The writer is definitely not of the school succint text. or one sentence paragraph. Sure, atmosphere is needed and all, but we need to the core data first, then maybe if we feel like it we would read the rest.
That's how item descriptions work. Effects are listed at the top, followed by a short statement, then flavor text. You can skip the flavor text if you want.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More gameplay:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom