Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games #71-100

Jason Liang

Arcane
I think if most of us made a list of the top 100 computer games of all time, we'd probably come to a consensus of 50-60 games that should be there (HoMM3, SMAC, X-Com, JA2, Star Control 2, Doom, etc...) but past game #50 things become more subjective. So which are the last 20-30 games to make your top 100 list? You can list all 100 if you like.

Lemming42

Arcane
The Last Express, OverBlood, Slay The Spire, Red Faction, Severance: Blade of Darkness, Bushido Blade and Wheel of Time are all games that I'd probably shove into a top 100 that you don't tend to see on many lists.

It would be fun (by which I mean frustrating and difficult) to try and do a Codex Top 250 Games Of All Time sort of thing. No, I'm not volunteering to take on the nightmare task of running it.

At the very least, we could be a counterpoint to other lists. Look at Polygon's list if you want to cry. Ours would be way better on the whole, even if we'd end up with something utterly embarrassing like Dragon Age in top 20 and Witcher in top 5.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom