Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Games with best physics

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
What are the games with the best looking physics and/or best gameplay based physics?

Unwanted

Hornawkawk

Unwanted
GMod has surprisingly good physics despite the engine being old as hell.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Isn't GMod physics the same thing as HL2? I agree that half life offers a good compromise between gameplay physics and graphixwhore physics.

Unwanted

Hornawkawk

Unwanted
Isn't GMod physics the same thing as HL2? I agree that half life offers a good compromise between gameplay physics and graphixwhore physics.

Perhaps, but it also has various tools to play around with physics, so I suppose they might have tried tweaking it a little.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
This is post #11 and I am the first to mention Elite: Frontier ?

This forum is going down the drain, truly

DraQ

Arcane
This is post #11 and I am the first to mention Elite: Frontier ?

This forum is going down the drain, truly
:salute:
I intended to, but wanted to get clarification first.

Anyway, a game can have impressive/good/advanced physics, but not do anything of not with it.
A game can also do awesome things with physics that may not even terribly advanced or well implemented.
Lastly, different games may require different amounts of going out of their way to implement the same amount of physics.

Gord

Arcane
Game where a physics engine is integrated and used for gameplay purpose?
Half Life 2 had some nice implementations in physics-based puzzles, although Ep1 and 2 relied almost exclusively on the Gravity Gun.

Most flight simulator games, I guess.

If you are more after effects and have a nVidia card, Cryostasis used PhysX for particle and fluid effects. The latter where quite impressive. Unfortunately the engine was optimized like shit and slows down even comparatively powerful pcs.

The Incredible Machines and Crazy Machines games are puzzle games based on solving more-or-less physics-based puzzles. TIM is partially available as Abandonware.
Then there's also Crayon Physics, I guess, but I've never played it. AFAIK, it's a puzzle game, too.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Why PhysX demands so much power from Videocards?

Athelas

Arcane
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, a shooter with powers like telekinesis, pyrokinesis and mind-control, has incredibly satisfying ragdoll physics. They also got the weight right: telekinetically moving a light object feels noticeably different from moving a struggling guard.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Dark Souls.

Best barrel-smashing in a game ever.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Dark Souls.

Best barrel-smashing in a game ever.
OTOH the ragdoll physics is just horrible(good for shit and giggles). At least some monsters are not affected by ragdolls, or i would lose my respect for the dark knights.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Unreal Tournament 2003/2004. The only game that I remember where ragdoll work properly and players don't dream about lack of body physics in older games.

Not sure if Unreal Tournament 3 have similiar physic because it went out from my HDD with speed of light. Only sountrack was cool, rest was... not so. Especially graphic. So much light...

Gerrard

Arcane
UT2K suffered from all the same problems old Havok stuff did, i.e. lack of sense of weight in anything. Drifting in a tank, oh yeah. UT3 was much better in this regard.

qWCRzaU.jpg

Something I found amusing.

deuxhero

Arcane
UT2K suffered from all the same problems old Havok stuff did, i.e. lack of sense of weight in anything. Drifting in a tank, oh yeah. UT3 was much better in this regard.

Something I found amusing.

Not just the sense of weight actually. The inability to give large physics objects resistance to even the lightest vechicle was an infamous limitation in the modding community.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

Is there physics more demanding for GPU and CPU than this ones above?

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Silent Storm engine was a decent implementation of ballistics, destructive materials and ragdolls. Someone should upgrade it and implement destructive terrain, more realistic ragdolls and individual projectile tracking. Also, simulation of internal organs/parts a la Dwarf Fortress, with localized damage. Then make a JA/X-Com/Whatever remake/sequel with it. :bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom