Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games Workshop

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Since there's no proper geedubs thread, I decided to start one. I got into tabletop Warhammer and its books fairly recently, and the lore for 40K and Fantasy is nice, though I'm not a fan of Age of Sigmar (it feels like a mishmash of ideas that don't make sense, and I don't like that they could just handwave off everyone on the Old World).

The games that GW has been releasing though, they're really good. By far my favourite is Warhammer Underworlds. I am not the biggest fan of card games, but there's something really fun about how the designers combined deck building with skirmish wargaming.

undereworlds-wal-hor.jpg

I've also been playing Warhammer 40K: Kill Team a fair bit. Alternating activations are fun. It took me a while to get used to 40K's style of "Hit > Wound > Armour Save > Injury" rolls, but I find it lends itself to quite a cinematic feel without getting overly bogged down (probably also because the model count is quite low).

overall.jpeg

Currently looking forward to Underworlds Season 3. I've also preordered Warcry. Very excited for that, as it seems to strike a middle ground between Underworlds and Kill Team. Anyone else playing GW stuff?

Resin 3D printers can now be bought for under £300. They have superb levels of detail. But working them can be a bit finicky to the average consumer. Still we're getting closer to full miniature piracy.

Tick Tock GeeDubs.

Bara

Arcane
Seeing the art on the countdown timer he's completely right.

Feels like a mobile phone game sort of art style. He'll i expect it to even be a mobile game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom